I must apologize for being gone so long, but, I'm back now!
Anybody ever noticed that DarkGod's profile owns a DLC named "Broken World"? A hint? A mistake? A DarkGod from an alternative universe???
im on a identity quest. i want to find the best way to make custom-tiles. if u av some tips or anything dat can help me plz email me firstname.lastname@example.org or leav a comment im using asesprite 4 now but iv got background problem its whit e n iwant it invisible :-o
I just started this game and I'm hooked, I only wish I could play it from mobile when on the road or on the go so I can play it more! :)
Feel free to stop by and say hi, give a few pointers if youd like!
My dear minions,
Long ago when I announced Ashes of Urh'Rok I also said that a day would come when Stone Wardens would be demoted to a normal class and the Possessors would come in as the new donator class. And while I never give dates, I try to keep my word and now the day of the Possessors is drawing near!
When Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.5 release it will feature this new, very weird, class!
But what are they ?
Possessors come from my previous game, ToME2 where you could capture the bodies of your dead foes to incarnate in them and use their special abilities!
And Tales of Maj'Eyal's Possessors are just like that, but more!
While parts of the design is still in flux, quite some things are already working, most importantly the actual possession stuff!
For those of you that knew the old possessors, think of them as kind of that (with less cheesiness) with a midrange/melee psionic tackled on it.
And think of all those yummy talents NPCs can use that you can now steal!
A few mechanics explained
- Bodies storage: When you steal one of your foes body it will be put in a "psionic storage", think of it as a kind of psionic imprit of the body. A talent even allows you to clone it to use it multiple times!
- When you want to transform you simply access that storage and select the body you desire and bam! You get stats, effects, talents, ... of this body (all controlled by talents so it's not a binary thing, you do get better at it)
- Stolen bodies have a very important flaw: they can never be healed in any way (except with a disminishing return special talent), so eventually even the best bodies will wither and be destroyed, but this is Tales of Maj'Eyal, new bodies are aplenty !
- When you assume a form, you get to keep your inventory no matter what. Doing it any other way would be far too cumbersome for the play UI-wise. Also you can now pretend to be just like that rare bulwark snake that killed your last character!
- You can also use your stored bodies in new fun ways, like using one as a psionic minion for a while, but when the effect ends the body is gone forever
- The class has a psionic power called Finger of Death, need I say more?!
So stay tuned for 1.5 !
We'll be live in a few minutes on channel: https://www.twitch.tv/eu_irdc
I'll be giving a talk about game communities sometime along the day so watch us, it'll be fun anyway :)
Well I jumped on my three year old account today. No saves, started a new character and this game has already drawn me back in. My favorite game to play while I'm chilling around being lazy, not sure why. Donated finally too! So heres to getting to the DLC content at some point!
Happy Halloween Everyone! I'll be attempting a Vampire Necromancer while streaming on Twitch!
Hey All! I'm going to be doing a twitch stream! If you're interested, stop by and say Hello!
Your launcher should automatically update your game so no need to redownload it all.
If your launcher didn't self-update correctly, just redownload it from the homepage.
Enjoy and have fun in Eyal!
Don't forget to help ToME by with donations ( http://te4.org/donate ) !
- Security fixes. This should have no impact on your gameplay obviously, but if you notice something strange please report it ASAP, some things may have been too restricted with regards to addons.
- Write path can be (and is) now restricted to certain game related folders at birth, any others will generate an error
- OS functions to access disk and processes are now unaccessible
- Particles lua threads cant access OS functions anymore
- Fixed multiplying npcs so that they do not act upon splitting
- Bone Shield displays current and max charges on the icon