The date is finally set: Monday 27th !
The place: the Fearscape!
Ashes of Urh'Rok, the first Tales of Maj'Eyal expansion, is coming! Be ready!
Ozymandias79 aka Redragonfly here, I created a couple of large maps for use in modules, ones a Earth world map and the others a map of Great Britain. This is what they look like with a link to file. (Images have been colored to aid visibility) just copy and paste the dropbox link into a new window/tab.
Earth World what it looks like ---> http://imgur.com/ZcZZLRJ
Link to Lua file ---> https://www.dropbox.com/s/zttp1wnlcjij482/earth%20worldmap.lua?dl=0
Great Britain what it looks like ---> http://imgur.com/rIMT3Pt
Link to Lua file ---> https://www.dropbox.com/s/6z984homlsbs8ro/britain.lua?dl=0
Japan What it looks like ---> http://imgur.com/lIaxKUT
Link To Lua file ---> https://www.dropbox.com/s/bs740gmtznovx1e/japan.lua?dl=0
Underdark (alpha) What it looks like --> http://imgur.com/Fi0ASsb
link to lua file ---> https://www.dropbox.com/s/1h9ejakmds4f50a/Underdark.lua?dl=0
Feel free to use/modify for modules credit is welcome but not required.
Keep @ it.
Your launcher should automatically update your game so no need to redownload it all.
If your launcher didn't self-update correctly, just redownload it from the homepage.
Enjoy and have fun in Eyal!
Don't forget to help ToME by with donations ( http://te4.org/donate ) !
- Important bugfixes
- Many new player doll images
- Many new toys for addon makers
- New lore
- Compatibility update for the upcoming Ashes of Urh'Rok expansion !
- Respec is possible in the Eidolon plane, like in town
- New lore to be found in Tannen's tower
- New gfx effect for Darkest Light
- Callbacks now work for items too, they trigger by default when worn, but can be forced to trigger even when not by setting carrier_callbacks = true on the item
- New awesome corona gxf effect
- Living Lightning and Caustic Golem have some gfx effect now
- Races can define "_forbid_start_override" to not be subjected to archmages/chronomancers/.. different starting zones
- Resources regen on hit cant happen on yourself
- Fixed the tooth of the mouth rarity
- Artifact sword, tridents, maces, daggers (plus a few more) added to player dolls
- New callbacks: callbackOnSummonDeath, callbackOnRun, callbackOnBlock, callbackOnTalentDisturbed, callbackOnTemporaryEffect
- New actor:talentDialog method to spawn a blocking dialog in a talent
- Disabled the animated background on the main menu, it was always lagging behind in terms of prettiness
- New FontPackages engine class, lets easily define and switch "themes" of fonts
- Switched to a new default font, the previous one is still available in the GameOptions as the "web" one
- Custom made tiles can now be used (by donators), simply follow the howto in the birth dialog
- Fixed Frenzy killing the user
- Lore can now have a template=true field that shows it must be processed first
- Status effects in tooltips will show charges, if any
- New hooks "Zone:loadEvents" and "Boot:loadBackground"
- GameState:findEventGridRadius also returns the center of the grids
- Wraithform is now instant, takes less vim and provides better bonuses to armour and defence
- Fixed escort quests to correctly gran mental saves
- Combat:attackTargetWith also returns damage
- Addons can add a new splashscreen by having a special boot-screen folder
- Losgoroth are enemies to all
- Particle effects attached to an entity can be translated
- Building map generator can have margins now
- Addons can now be bundled into packages containing multiple ones
- Block effect can have custom handlers
Not sure, whether this was already mentioned. However this can make the game unbeatable.
1 Pick cornac corruptor
2 Unlock Shadowflame
3 Invest into Wraithform
4 Find some dungeon near rocks.
5 Enter dungeon, cast shadowflame, leave dungeon.
6 Step into rock on globalmap.
7 Wait till shadoflame runs out.
Not sure about current version, but earlier repeating steps 5 to 7 would eventually bring you to
the zone right under the main continent without any ambushes/dungeons/towns generated so you never get back.
UPD: Tested it in current version. Still works as described.
VOD : http://goo.gl/xQDyDO
I never thought my first clear ambush in nightmare is a melee class...
Anyway it's only 0 live left now :(
Finally beat the Master, wanted to get Skeleton but got the other.
Spend entire day trying to get the Skeleton, but die while trying to lvl up for Master.
This game, srsly.
I had not noticed before, so maybe the wording is new but on Steam page for ToME (http://store.steampowered.com/app/259680 ) it says:
"User reviews: Overwhelmingly Positive (530 reviews)"
So big thanks to you all, and go add more great reviews :)
Hi my minions,
A new roguelike radio has appeared, with me inside!
If you want to hear me rabble about how I it all started, this is the place to be!
As a player of tome, and one with many questions regarding my actions in the world of Eyal (often before wanting to commit to them) I find myself ever referring to the wiki on things that I simply do not have knowledge of. However regarding some artifacts, zones, and a few other things that are most likely out of date I have considered contributing information to revamp it. If that's something the community has an interest in seeing happen, or if the developers of addons and the main game are interested in seeing restored I'd love to hear thoughts and tips on how to go about it. I hope to ever be of service, and hope to hear some comments regarding this venture.
Rilimia was definitely one of my favourite characters I have played. She could literally sustain Time Shield all the time, and with Aegis the shield value was over 2000. Aether Beam was a bomb of a spell, and with high silence and arcane resistances it barely harmed herself. Two separate instances of Disperse Magic (one talent and one from gear) kept enemy sustains down and several healing sources combined with Arcane Shield provided additional endurance as needed. Quickened Spells metamagic helped dealing constant damage.
The final boss battle was pretty easy except for two times when I lost all my sustains, without teleport it would have been game over. I am a little disappointed because Aeryn died halfway through and Rilimia had to sacrifice herself to save the world. Then again, it was theoretically a good ending. Mages as powerful as her can only bring destruction in the end and shouldn't exist. Unlimited power is a responsibility and easy to abuse.
I know my game is heavily modded, so it was not a legit victory, but I still am pretty proud of it. Too bad I couldn't continue into the infinite dungeon.
Rilimia, the Mardrop Arcanist, "The Aether Nuke": http://te4.org/characters/120591/tome/f23df83b-93c2-48e5-92dc-b25b18df7d2c (I loved the cloak, Threads of Fate. I'm not sure if it's from an addon but it was one of the coolest items in the game)