People of Maj'Eyal, my minions!
Here is a little reminder that you can still take part in the modules contest and to all those that are working on it already, remember that you need to post the announcement of your game by the 1st of august!
PS: and for those that missed it, the announcement of the contest:
With the release of Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.0.0 I can now start to create new content again, branch into new campaigns, ... and this shall be great fun.
But there is one side of the game that is not as developed as it could and I wish to change that. It is however not something I can do myself: Modules!
So, in the spirit of promoting the creation of new, quality, games based on TE4 I would like to create a new contest!
During this year 2013 up until the 1st december your task will be to create new, amazing and fun games using TE4. Anyone can, and is welcome to, participate (except me obviously) !
When the contest closes there will be a big vote when ToME players can elect the "best" game.
Players will be asked to rate each game on fun, polish and innovation, the winner being determined by the best average of those factors.
In addition of fame and pleasure of having created a fun game the 1st place will also grant a 500€ reward, the second a 150€ reward and the third a 50€ reward (by paypal).
The rules to participate are as follow:
- Game must be announced on http://forums.te4.org/ by the 1st of august (but you are encouraged to announce, and start dev much earlier)
- Game must not use a modified TE4 engine (so taking the .team file should work on any ToME installation)
- Game must not be a "variant" of ToME itself, it must be its own thing. Code from ToME can be used, but only in small parts (i.e: taking inspiration of the party code is fine, ripping half the class files is not)
- Game must be comply with TE4 license (but it inherently does anyway)
- Game graphics (if you choose to have) can not use the shockbolt tileset (which is licensed only to ToME)
- Game graphics, musics, ... that are not code can be under a different license (and with the authorization of the authors obviously)
- Game must be released by the 1st december (you can, and are encouraged to continue dev on it afterwards obviously)
- Games are encouraged (but not required) to release often during the year. Remember for players to like your game they must be able to play it!
- Games can be adaption of other games/roguelikes, as long as you respect copyrights, licenses and the wish of the authors
- Game must be published at least on http://te4.org/ as a game module
You are very welcome to join #tome on irc.rizon.net where nice people can sometimes help you and post about your game/progress/questions in the modules section of the forums!
Now open your code editors and start coding!
Discuss on the forum there: http://forums.te4.org/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=36083