• Moon-Mage   1 day 18 hours ago

The Moon-Mage has become my favorite class. I hope you continue to develop this, it's a great addon and class! Thank you.

• More Taints   3 days 8 hours ago

"Taints are Inscriptions powered by corrupt forces. As such, they are arcane so Oozemancers and other Zigur Zealots need not apply."

I would assume by this quote that it was set up specifically so that antimagic users cant access them. I also say this knowing that you no longer care, what with this being a month in the future from your comment.

• Autotarget Toggle Keybind   5 days 23 hours ago

It cut half of the boring clicking you have to do, keeping the game fresh. Thanks a lot

• Verbose Enemies   6 days 22 hours ago

So... I just finished clearing the old forest area with my alchemist, when suddenly my golem develops a mind of its own and starts insulting me. :D http://i.imgur.com/8mLSWtx.png

• It was a good day to die..   1 week 2 hours ago

Chest Monsters tend to be high level and come in multiples and usually are at least elites but can be rares or even bosses. Fleeing is often the best choice if you can't beat it. But you took 50 turns to die, so you could have recalled out in that time, even if you didn't have any other means of escape. A word of advice always have some way to teleport or move faster. There are many items that help with that.

Better yet, don't open chests. The items in them are fancy and can be awesome but usually are not worth the fight. And by usually I really mean are never worth it. (Even if they turn out to be uber which they often aren't.)

In general dying is a part of Tome and learning how to not die is a part of learning the game. Not opening chests is a good start.

• Stream on Insane roguelike for chills   1 week 2 hours ago

There's unfair and then there's unfair. I think the RNG can be a bastard and it takes a lot of luck in some instances to get through some bottlenecks in the game. It also takes a good deal of knowledge (spoilerish) and preparation/skill (hours and hours of play). That doesn't negate the unfairness, just mitigates it. I've got about 400+ hours all told between old TOME and this and I've only got about 6-7 wins (not counting my arena win). One of the things that makes TOME harder/easier is knowing how to use item drops and items seem essential to winning. I think that is a blind spot for a lot of people. (Which is why some people lean heavily on the vault.) Others figure out how to work the game despite poor drops and manage to work out how to get around the power leaps that seem only doable if you grind or find great items. That's the nature of the game. It is not hard. It is very hard. It is not easy. It is very easy. A contradiction wrapped in an enigma, inside a ball of spaghetti. (Not that the code is spaghetti :p). In other words its a roguelike in a long tradition of roguelikes. Some people are more suited to playing roguelikes than others personality-wise. It ain't chess.

As to complaints bleeding into the community at large, consider that a part of the lore. It happens with all great roguelikes. It is a part of the "charm".

• Turtles   1 week 12 hours ago

Not really. They compensate for being extremely tanky, by having incredibly slow global speed. When you can only attack once every few turns, you have to play an entirely different style. It's actually quite entertaining and different from more normal characters. There have been surprisingly few megaturtle winners, that speed starts to REALLY hurt in the later portions of the game.

• Frequently Asked Questions (ToME4)   1 week 1 day ago

我已经拥有这个账号.我想绑定我的STEAM账号.但是登陆了STEAM账号在这个网站之后.不能绑定现有的账号.必须要我重新注册邮箱,再重新注册账号,再重新绑定新的账号吗?....如果可以传截图.我可以证明我的账号和邮箱都是正确的.而且都是我本人在用的....希望可以解决这个问题....

• Turtles   1 week 1 day ago

Does anyone else feel like the megaturtle build is a bit OP?

• It was a good day to die..   1 week 5 days ago

use it and wait ~36 turns before opening the chest or something. if u can deal with monsters then just cancel recall. otherwise defend for another 4 turns and teleport.

• A mod for Debuggers and Fun-lovers Alike!   1 week 6 days ago
    ?

What is the point of this?

• Starting stream soon   1 week 6 days ago

aaand its on just grabiing some snacks and Ill play

• Infinite500: Game Play Beyond Level 50   2 weeks 1 hour ago

Dying to stuff hidden inside sealed rooms really breaks this mod. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME IF YOU PLAY ROGUELIKE!

• Necromancy+   2 weeks 2 days ago

Just seems different to me, not unbalanced. Balance is a personal perspective, but it's mostly just variety here. The Spiritmancer is pretty awesome, but, if anything, it's a bit underpowered compared to the necromancer. (Not complaining, btw, HousePet. That golem is strangely durable and keeps enemies occupied much better than an alchemist golem, at least on Nightmare Diff. Doesn't kill them nearly as quick, but it hangs in there forever. Haven't had a chance to really develop a character, so my opinion is merely in its formative stages right now. I think I'll start a new one on Insane and see how that brings the balance into sharp relief.)

• Stream on Insane roguelike for chills   2 weeks 3 days ago

Yeah ToME is just a game where it takes you a lot to learn on how to deal with stuff. You have to be very very careful with your choices. Picking up skills thinking like "oh this looks cool" is not really an option and you aways have to think about the chalenges youre going to face like "I need to level rush so I don't get bursted by mobs before I get to them" or "I should level bone armor because Im too close to dying everytime" or even "I should go for some flat damage reduction cuz if I flurry a faerlhing I'm dead to reflect damage". It's just a lot of information and you aways end up finding new surprises that are hard to deal with. Planning ahead is key. In this game there are two very important things on you don't get fucked, to use right tools you have at the right times, and to prepare yourself to have the right tools when you need it. Some times doesn't matter how much or how well you deal with a situation, you just didn't plan ahead to have the right tools. And some times doesn't matter how OP you are you just don't take the right course of action and end up RIP, like hitting something while you have martyrdom debuff on you or ignoring a ritch flamespitter.

• Stream on Insane roguelike for chills   2 weeks 3 days ago

That'd be nice, maybe it'll help?

The problem with the people that struggle with normal is mostly that they play a couple dozen hours and think they have it all figured out (and tbh even 100h in this game is barely anything with all there is to learn, understand, and take in. It took me at least that long if not more for my first win.), ignore or argue heavily against experienced advice, and then die and blame all their problems on things like RNG and the game being unfair (which it isn't honestly), and refuse blame themselves and learn from their mistakes.
    It's honestly hard to make progress and get anywhere with that mentality, I've seen a LOT of it and it happens often. I've even seen it bleed into threads in other games in the steam community hub like Dungeons of Dredmor, where people complained about how unfair ToME was and such things which made me frown a little to be honest.

• Eternal Darkness   2 weeks 4 days ago

Great work.

• It was a good day to die..   2 weeks 4 days ago

Then open a chest. If the chest is unguarded, you are safe either way. If whatever comes out is weak, kill it quickly. Otherwise, as long as you are able to perserve for a small time, you have a good chance to be saved.

• Greed Is Good: Dwarven Purchasing Power   2 weeks 5 days ago

I read on the wiki the other day that the fateful conclusion to the Rolf and Weisman can be found by dwarves returning to the Deep Bellow. That and the loot makes up for the half lost randart, yeah?

I think I'll make a dwarf next.

• It was a good day to die..   2 weeks 6 days ago

Rod of Recall requires 40 turn to teleport you. That's far too long when you are is trouble with close ennemies...

• It was a good day to die..   2 weeks 6 days ago

sometimes they're stronker than boss that you just slained few turns ago

• It was a good day to die..   2 weeks 6 days ago

u can use rod of recall for that

• Bite-Sized Update 3.0   3 weeks 5 hours ago

Lua Error: /mod/dialogs/CharacterSheet.lua:139: attempt to index field 'b_talents_sorting' (a nil value)

At [C]:-1 __newindex
        At /mod/dialogs/CharacterSheet.lua:139 switchTo
        At .../addons/uniques/superload/mod/dialogs/CharacterSheet.lua:104 init
        At /engine/class.lua:104 new
        At /mod/class/Game.lua:1910
        At /engine/KeyBind.lua:235

It look like it's this addon that's making it impossible for me to push c to open up my charactersheet ingame, or look at other creature's charactersheet. Let me know if you need more info than that.

• My characters that do well have the urge to die from very particular things.   3 weeks 11 hours ago

Strangely, I did things the opposite way. I played on roguelike until I got the hang of things (and beat the game), and now I switched to mostly doing adventurer. I think the initial kick of roguelike helps teach you to really focus on every move and figure out what does and doesn't work, even if it is somewhat harsh.

• My characters that do well have the urge to die from very particular things.   3 weeks 1 day ago

Welcome to ToME, where death is a way of life!

I would definitely suggest starting to play on Adventure until you get your first win before you move on to roguelike. It will help a lot when it comes to learning which situations you can survive and which you can't.