• Undead races   13 hours 41 min ago

I know what you mean! I kept dying as a brawler trying to unlock ghouls,finally went summoner and unlocked it easy!

• Let there be gnomes   2 days 4 hours ago

Great idea :D feels like you brought in a basic(but much needed) roguelike race in here!

• Let there be gnomes   2 days 12 hours ago

Thank you for the notice and sorry for the inconvenience, I changed the amulets accordingly.

• Let there be gnomes   2 days 18 hours ago

Just a note, the "Teleport: Oyze" skill is a spell, so it's tricked me out of getting an antimagic escort. Maybe make it an activable amulet or something?

Also, I believe the correct tag is "contest2014", not "contest 2014".

• "Overwhelmingly Positive"   4 days 12 hours ago

So it would seem :)

Many thanks :)

• "Overwhelmingly Positive"   5 days 8 hours ago

... it seems there's something you're doing right, DG :).

• "Overwhelmingly Positive"   5 days 10 hours ago

That is because you have created an exemplary game with an abundance of depth in both lore and gameplay, and a uniform, high level of quality throughout. Thank you for your long-standing hard work and dedication to the TOME project.

• "Overwhelmingly Positive"   5 days 20 hours ago

This is a brand new feature, just added in the latest update, along with curators and the new front page.

• The voice of your dark god !   6 days 4 hours ago

Note that you still haven't made Classic Tome2 (And maybe even Pernangband) downloads available here. This is the perfect timing, so that folks can hear this radio show about history of roguelikes, and experience the milestones in history of this game, and greater understand your glory!

History demands that this be so!

• Allow Respec Anywhere   6 days 5 hours ago

Can you please put this on Steam Workshop?

• WIki updating, looking for community and staff comments.   6 days 11 hours ago

I have recently played a Thalore Berserker. I used him to get every artifact I could find. He has quite the backpack due to the 'I can carry the world!' prodigy.
    If it is of any use, check him on the character vault, search for the name 'Tusk'.

• The voice of your dark god !   1 week 8 hours ago

cool! your interest was triggered by dragonriders! When i was a kid my father had this stack of second-hand books by Anne McAffrey,I still read them years later.

• Yeek ArchMage   1 week 1 day ago

Fearscape has a very limited range (5?) so if you stay far enough away you won't get sent into the Fearscape. Doable for ranged characters. If you have antimagic, try to spam mana clash to remove all of their Vim so they either can't cast Fearscape or can't sustain it for long.

• Announcing: Ashes of Urh'Rok   1 week 5 days ago

We are one month closer to the release of AU, just another (REDACTED) to go and we'll get to enjoy demony goodness. I can hardly wait! :)

• WIki updating, looking for community and staff comments.   2 weeks 1 day ago

A lot of people simply don't care because "the chat is nice and helpful!" but personally I'd love to see some updating going on in the wiki! (although Vyn has almost single handledly been doing that for a bit now, if you refer to the 'recent changes' button and I'm really grateful that someone is putting time into this, and wish more people would) I personally don't know how much I can help but I'll update when I see something out of place that I can confirm is out of place (which isn't very often xD)

• Yeek ArchMage   2 weeks 3 days ago

I just recently fought the grand corrupter. He fearscapped me of course, and despite the fact that I could regen something like 60hp/turn, had 3 heals, and an antimagic shield, he killed me easy and I couldn't hold any damage on him. I was in adventure so I came back and his fearscape was down. I killed him in like 4 turns after that. So fearscape makes an absurd impact, especially on boss type enemies.

• Yeek ArchMage   2 weeks 4 days ago

Hm, we were in Fearscape - maybe it was the native fire damage...

In any case, it seems I need to learn how to build an archmage that can handle something that deals out so much damage over an extended period. I suppose I had gotten lazy with the shielding and teleport - but, after all, that *did* get me through the whole game ... ;-)

• WIki updating, looking for community and staff comments.   2 weeks 4 days ago

Well I am aware I have at least 5 artifacts in my turtle's inventory that do not have a wiki page. I also learned through the sludgenest that the transmogrification chest has a limit of something like 984 items. At that point it becomes rather laggy transferring from it to the normal inventory.

• Yeek ArchMage   2 weeks 4 days ago

Strange, I didn't think displacement shield reflected the damage type back, I thought it was just raw damage of some other form. I suppose I've never looked at it quite thoroughly enough. That is good to know though for next time I run into something that heals/is immune to its own main damage type.

• WIki updating, looking for community and staff comments.   2 weeks 4 days ago

roaming through the inventories in the Characters Vault is probably the easiest way to get started =) this game deserves a solid wiki, so it's really appreciated

• Yeek ArchMage   2 weeks 5 days ago

Wow, lost both remaining lives in the slime tunnels.

50th level archmage, all the shields and aegis, boatload of sustains, 650 HP/mana. First pedestal was a 14,000+ HP forge giant who took me to Fearscape and roasted me in four turns - blew through my shielding and dropped a thousand points of fire damage on me (after the 53% fire resist). Having the deflection shield up turned out to be a mistake, as his own fire attack healed him - he was at 100% when I went to Eidolon.

I geared up, went back, and ran - I had spent a lot of points on speed, and some of my gear had movement bonuses, which had served me well throughout the game - fast moves, a randart pick with a 10% spell cooldown bonus, and the Staff/Hat set with -1 Manathrust cooldown let me dish out the damage fast. Maybe I could just hit the other pillars and dodge the big nasty ...

Alas the second pillar was a repeat of the first - only 3,000 HP on the gwelgoroth, but multiple dual-critical darkness attacks did me in, the darkness heal affinity notwithstanding. One tactical error, trying to use a magic effect removal icon from a piece of gear I wasn't wearing at the time wasted a turn by putting it on instead ... and down went the shields, and all his health. That's the last mistake Megalord will ever make.

• Announcing: Ashes of Urh'Rok   2 weeks 5 days ago

For a moment, I thought you said Professors.

• Announcing: Ashes of Urh'Rok   3 weeks 4 days ago

DGTUs are too long x.x

• Improved player targetting   3 weeks 4 days ago

Thanks! Will fix the viewpoint adjustment. As to double tapping, it kinda defeats the purpose of keyboard target selection. Number+enter not convenient enough? I'll give it another thought.

• Announcing: Ashes of Urh'Rok   3 weeks 4 days ago

Oh boy! I haven't played for like a year.
    I will wait till the expansion to come back again.