• Sun-Mage   5 hours 12 min ago

Loving this class. Never run out of resources, slaughter everything with doubled-up damage-type bonuses. Only problem is that luminous terrors make me run away screaming. Better rank up Wildfire faster.

• Ashes of Urh'Rok 1.0.4 is out!   3 days 7 hours ago

MYYYYY

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODD

I love you haha <3

• Quick Drown NPCs   3 days 23 hours ago

You are my hero. Forever. A purple heart will arrive in the mail shortly.

• Maj'Eyal Revisited - Sun Paladin Winner (Normal Roguelike)   4 days 1 hour ago

Thanks for your comment: Yes, the one turn usage does require some careful planning (unless you're just using it to close the gap), however, it's a fantastic way to scout around corners or into a large danger room since monsters don't react!

• Quick Drown NPCs   4 days 14 hours ago
    • Works with 1.3.0b5.
    • You no longer need to equip the rod. It can be used from your inventory.
    • Rod is now extra lethal!
    • NPCs are prevented from teleporting away while dying.
  • Maj'Eyal Revisited - Sun Paladin Winner (Normal Roguelike)   5 days 15 hours ago

Nicely Done! I too found Path of the Sun to be interesting as a free move affect but the problem of course is it costs a turn to set up so it is a little tricky to use in tight combats.

• Quick Drown NPCs   6 days 23 hours ago

This addon.......this addon is life. please make work again with the way resting works in newest beta.

• Ugh   1 week 2 days ago

Thanks.:)

• Shield Defense rework test   1 week 3 days ago

I think you messed up your description!

• Login Broken again   1 week 5 days ago

Of course 10mins later it randomly sorted itself. But not being able to log in means my beta testing doesn't allow me to play at all.

• Ugh   1 week 6 days ago

Congratulations ~~~

• Phantom Subrace   2 weeks 12 hours ago

So this is the fabled sanic race. I expected something more trademarked.

• Ugh   2 weeks 1 day ago

Died once in a vault to 3 luminescent horrors + a few other guys all hitting me hard as I rounded a corner. Instead of trying to flee, I put up a shield which did no good at all as the massive damage done by all monsters was well over the shield (450+ hp) and my current health (about 900 hp). Needless to say I didn't die again during this game.

Considering I had a vial of blood I probably would have finished this game on roguelike if I had played that instead. I will have to give that a go at some point.

Thanks all again, for your invaluable advice.

• Ashes of Urh'Rok 1.0.3 is out!   2 weeks 1 day ago

It may only be the steam version that isn't recording time. Non steam seems to be working.

• Ashes of Urh'Rok 1.0.3 is out!   2 weeks 1 day ago

First, thanks so much for this update. Great game. Second, is the playtime statistic in the profile tab on the website not working? I have been playing a lot lately, but my playtime counter is frozen.

• Ashes of Urh'Rok 1.0.3 is out!   2 weeks 3 days ago

Well done my lord.

• Ashes of Urh'Rok 1.0.3 is out!   2 weeks 3 days ago

Well done my lord.

• Ugh   2 weeks 5 days ago

Barrier can become good in some cases but personally I tend to ignore it, taking a look at your latest anorithils I only have a couple of other suggestions to give:
    1 point in Jumpgate. Jumpgate is a really good lifesaver, use it when you think you're gonna be in trouble (say, before entering a vault) and then you get a range 13 precise phase to bail.
    Then there's Providence. Providence is a must and I suggest you get it and max it as soon as possible. Providence + Timeless also means you can start not caring about wilds/status resistances so you can focus gear, skills and infusions to take care of other things.
    The Hymn with resistances is really really good but if you want to go crazy overboard with the anorithil crit build your only choice in there is Moonlight, really. At first it's hard to sustain and munches through your negative damage really fast but when you maxed it, got a big enough negative pool and you can replenish it fast (remember that Twilight's negative gain is based on Cunning) then you're an unstoppable automatic death machine. Every beam from Moonlight counts as a spell, each one can crit, so each one can trigger Corona and each one can trigger spell procs.

• Addons contest: the participants!   2 weeks 6 days ago

what's the hell?

• Ugh   2 weeks 6 days ago

Interesting insights. Thanks.

My experience with the prides recently has shown me that its not the archers or mages that do Anorithils in but the bosses/uniques and rares with the ability to do excessive melee damage past shields. You're right about Anorithil play in that it does revolve largely around nuking enemies (popcorn) but the build should be able to withstand boss fights too and I have found with some careful play that most bosses are doable but the grand summoner in the mage pride for example was just a tad overpowered in that he did not nuke very well and was able to summon enough guys to make stunning him difficult to say the least. And the invis rune hurt a lot. Having to make choices between equipment that is good for stats and good for stuff like seeing invisible is tough. It is my least favorite part of the game really. (Hated that with Diablo II as well but usually it wasn't too hard to find the right pieces to cover every need.)

Having lots of shields as a caster is very important but apparently that is a weakness that the game will exploit eventually as it will start throwing shield piercers at you. (No way to know until you are fighting them that they are going to do that either.)

As for offscreen being hit. I am reporting it how I experience it. I am in one area, some dude is off screen from my perspective (10 tiles maybe, maybe not but not visible at any rate) and they shoot me, hit me with a proc or otherwise do something I can't stop or prevent. *shrugs* unfun mechanics are unfun even if they are correct. Yes light sources may have something to do with it but again it seems sometimes stuff happens way off of screen too. Valuing Telepathy/Clairvoyance much higher now...

Again thanks for your commentary.

• Ugh   2 weeks 6 days ago

My confusion has cleared up a bit after retrying.

Had a really good early run only running into trouble with the Grand Corruptor whom I left alone after dying once.

Went East at level 30ish, cleared Spider easily (thanks to the staff of destruction), emptied out the Vor Armory (skipping the wyrms of death room), Killed the Wyrm to get the diamond and headed back west where I proceeded to fail against several of the backup bosses. Apparently shields are not all that vs some bosses.

I was pretty angry after my last death. (Still have one life left but am done with that character since I want to use the vault and I have a good deal of interesting items.)

Things learned thanks to varying bits of advice:

- Equipment is very important for survival as an Anny. Shields will only take you so far. You also need to maximize what advantages you get.

- Blood Moon/Corona/Shalore whatever it is that gives you crits at 5 points each is very important.

- perhaps getting Con to 50+ isn't such a great plan. Next time I will focus more on Cunning.

- Don't forget to PD when a meleer draws you in. That failure cost me two lives at least.

- Don't forget to use your esp/telepathy items if you find some to ambush your enemies.

I didn't die to being ambushed this character but I have in the past and I noticed that Auo explore while useful at times can be hazardous. Particularly in the Temple of Creation. because Mymidons are no joke.

• Ugh   2 weeks 6 days ago

My latest build I went 5/5 blood moon/corona/shalore #2 and did much better though it took some more advice in chat to get with the program in re equipment. I grabbed every +% spell critical I could find.

Eye was not the greatest effect prodigy but it was also helpful in getting the most out of my crits.

Thanks for your advice. No offense taken (though maybe I did at the time? :p).

• Ugh   2 weeks 6 days ago

Yeah I had to look it up to remember where that part of the quest was. Got it all wrong/conflated in my memory.

The optional death wyrms I've learned to skirt around. :) In fact I found with some care the treasure room wasn't too bad. Mainly drawing out some of the guys first was really helpful to not dying and as you said teleporting/phasing is really important.

• Ugh   2 weeks 6 days ago

Had Staff of Destruction this last game and basically that helped me walk through a good deal of the early East (Spiders, Wurm, Vor Armory) and was really pretty awesome against most of the backup guys.

My problem with my current Anorithil was not so much the build per se, I think but being completely unable to deal with certain things like shield piercing. I took your advice in chat and respecced my equip around criticals to match my skills and things looked up though I found Eye wasn't the boon I thought it would be. It did give me back moonlight a lot but most of the time it was superfluous.

I stripped my character down and put most of her items in the vault which I think you can see.

As for the skills take a look and tell me if I wasted anything. I felt like a few points were hard to figure out where to place them after I got 5/5s in some of the main ones.

One point about Barrier. I had Barrier at 5 on the last Anny I played and it was amazing. Sitting at around 650 points I think? SOmething like that. Might have had some aid from an item. It was my big shield and it was pretty decent for the most part. I think the main thing is some guys (Rares and Bosses) ignore shields entirely which means even with high con Annys do get squishy.

Bathe in Light as you say is awesome on max, but it is also double edged so I don't raise it much early game, allowing Escorts to up it for me (had 2 bonus points on this one.)

RE: Chant/Hymns. Yeah I went for the first Chant and the 3rd Hymn on this one and that worked OK. Having 53% resistance to Confusion and Stun is key for a lot of boss fights.

I will take a look at your winner later. Gotta get some food.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that contributed positive advice and helpful commentary.

• CHN Addons for ToME   3 weeks 4 days ago