• Alternate Zones Option v1f.1   1 week 4 days ago

Ascendancy originally, though from the code, it looks like I at least made an attempt to handle zones defined in addons and DLCs. Are there zones in Embers that have alternate forms?

• Alternate Zones Option v1f.1   2 weeks 5 hours ago

Is this for Ascendancy or Embers?

• Tales of Maj'Eyal on Android?! Oh yes baby!   2 weeks 1 day ago

I would totally be willing to pa.... errr... *donate* a couple bucks ($2-$5) to be able to play ToME on android. I know it's an unfortunate amount of work to get it to play nicely with mobile hardware/software, but I think there are a lot of us that would love for this to happen. ToME is one of those games you can pick up for 15 minutes (Or hours if you're not careful...) in some spare time and have a bit of fun, but it's got so much more depth than any mobile games I've seen so far.

• Inferno Pettiness   2 weeks 4 days ago

Maybe it bugs me too :)

• The rouge of maj'eyal (poem)   3 weeks 6 days ago

Awesome! Glad I could help!

• Donation-Here or purchase from STEAM?   4 weeks 1 day ago

Thanks for the replies, I don't mind paying a bit more, I'm loving this game, totally worth it!

• The rouge of maj'eyal (poem)   4 weeks 2 days ago

Thank you so much! I will surely let you guys know when I finnished the video!

• The rouge of maj'eyal (poem)   4 weeks 3 days ago

An archer from the northern lands
    Claimed of his great renown
    With peerless skill and countless trials
    His name known town to town

He spoke of facing vampire lords
    Who promised years of pain
    The archer gave a stern retort
    An arrow through the brain

A fighter from the southern lands
    Claimed armies fled his might
    With dragons slain 'most every day
    And demons crushed by night

He spoke of ancient sprawling ruins
    Home to a ghastly shade
    Its years of madness, hate and rage
    Were ended on his blade

An archmage from the western lands
    Claimed kingdoms feared his name
    With countless legends, songs and myths
    Attesting to his fame

He spoke of fire, storm and hail
    To MATCH the fiercest wyrm
    To see ONE man hold so much power
    Can make an empire squirm

A rogue who came from unknown lands
    Not known for anything
    A leap, a flash, a concealed blade
    Three heroes felt its sting

The archer dropped, his bow unplucked
    The fighter died as well
    The archmage found its poison
    Far too potent to dispel

The rogue is unknown to this day
    Though rumours persist still
    Rogues aren't known by name or deed
    But by the names they kill

• Many Thanks to Those who have Already Subscribed!   4 weeks 3 days ago

My videos are on the longer side of things...short videos don't do ToME justice! :D

• Donation-Here or purchase from STEAM?   5 weeks 20 hours ago

It costs more money on this site for non-Euro countries.

• Donation-Here or purchase from STEAM?   5 weeks 1 day ago

Valve usually gets a percentage off of every Steam sale, so if you want more money to go to DG, buy it here.

• Donation-Here or purchase from STEAM?   5 weeks 2 days ago

There's no difference, really.

• CHN Addons for ToME   5 weeks 3 days ago

感謝漢化幫助更多華人可以更輕鬆地遊玩ToME與了解其中的世界觀!

• Wiki: Chronomancy done!   6 weeks 2 days ago

Thanks for this, it takes alot of time and effort to update the Wiki

• Embers of Rage 1.0.3 is out!   7 weeks 5 hours ago

:>

• Bastion   7 weeks 5 hours ago

Winning with an addon class =/= winning with vanilla rogue or bulwark, that's all. If you want to win with those you should play with those, not the addon and get a win on your table anyways.

• Offline Vault Problem Persists   7 weeks 18 hours ago

I tested this from my end, tested different DNS servers, tested different operators internet connections and so forth. No help.

Now I woke up, noticed that I had left my char online for the night. And what do you know, the online vault actually WAS online.

Tested transfering items, and could transfer all slots. Got approx 70% success rate, on failures it said "server said connection lost" or something like that (just woke up, should've written it down).
    On few occasions during fails items just got duplicated, so basically I had 2 copies of the same amulet in vault, and the same amulet still in inventory.

Now I just gotta make a new character and check whether I can actually access the vault again.

Just before touching the online vault I zipped my save, do tell if it's needed.

• Offline Vault Problem Persists   7 weeks 1 day ago

That would be great! I'll pop on as much as possible to try and summon you DG. Thank you!

• Offline Vault Problem Persists   7 weeks 1 day ago

I seem to have a lead, could any of you with problems to to hop on IRC on #tome opn irc.rizon.net and say my name to summon me; I'm not awlays on but try a few times :)

• Offline Vault Problem Persists   7 weeks 1 day ago

Vault is offline 99,9% of the time.

After Embers was released, and I played my first char in Maj'Eyal, the Vault worked for a few tries (all within a timeframe of few minutes). Then again: nothing.
    I've wiped all of my former characters, deleted the contents of the Vault as well, doesn't matter.

I've installed Tome on different drives, tried killing the firewall software. Win10.

EDIT: I wonder what happens code-wise when one first gets to the fortress?
    I've tested on a few chars, and I'm able to contact the vault within a few minutes after getting the fortress. Save&quit, come back, and offline again, and that is the case from that point onwards, until new char. Could be coincidence obviously, but rather a strange one.

• Bastion   7 weeks 2 days ago

There is no such thing as an 'undeserved' win. Never mind that these classes are added to NPCs as well, which tends to balance things out quite a bit. Your suggestion of splitting them up to prevent 'cheating' actually makes things easier, because then you have the fairly easy to kill vanilla rogues instead of the pure murder of toxin dispensers at times.

As for the mod itself:

Personally, I like the added utility in the secondary trees. What has always irked me a bit about Bulwark was that it has access to things like archery or twohanded weapons and no real incentive to use them, because shield combat is just so much better. I'm not sure how to fix this entirely without making, say, skirmisher superfluous, but it's been a nagging thought in my head ever since I saw 'bulwark rework'. Maybe mirroring IRL and allowing a buckler to be equipped with a twohanded weapon would work? That seems like it may be a bit OP, though, and doesn't really address that the lack of synergy with the talent trees in question is the real elephant in the room.

• Wiki: Chronomancy done!   7 weeks 2 days ago

Amazing work. After you become familiar with abbreviations it's much easier to predict how different talents will behave in your build

• Bastion   7 weeks 3 days ago

Out of curiosity, why does it make you sad? Should we take away "undeserved" wins from people who scored easy victories when Solipsist and Oozemancer were brokenly overpowered at release? Is it "undeserved" if somebody won by abusing Saw Wheels Sawbutcher or the totally broken release Pain Enhancement System? How about people who win insane using item vault nonsense? Are those undeserved?

I dunno, I feel like this isn't a big issue since anyone who wins with the Bastion mod is going to have the mod on the cvault winner sheet.

• Bastion   7 weeks 3 days ago

All fixed in the latest version.

• Bastion   7 weeks 3 days ago

just looked again here it is /engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:254:/engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua150: /data-bastion/talents/talents.lua:257: attempt to call global ' do warden weapon swap' (a nill value)
    stack traceback:
    /data-bastion/talents/talents.lua:257: in function </data-bastion/talents/talents.lua:255> [C]: in function 'xpcall' /engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:140
    at [C]:.-1
    at [C]:.-1 error
    at /engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:277 bumpinto
    at engine/interface/ActorLife.lua:42 check
    at [string "return function(self, x, y, what,...) local... "]:1 checkallEntities
    at engine/Actor.lua:209 move