• Announcing: Ashes of Urh'Rok   1 day 20 hours ago

We are one month closer to the release of AU, just another (REDACTED) to go and we'll get to enjoy demony goodness. I can hardly wait! :)

• WIki updating, looking for community and staff comments.   4 days 11 hours ago

A lot of people simply don't care because "the chat is nice and helpful!" but personally I'd love to see some updating going on in the wiki! (although Vyn has almost single handledly been doing that for a bit now, if you refer to the 'recent changes' button and I'm really grateful that someone is putting time into this, and wish more people would) I personally don't know how much I can help but I'll update when I see something out of place that I can confirm is out of place (which isn't very often xD)

• Yeek ArchMage   6 days 22 hours ago

I just recently fought the grand corrupter. He fearscapped me of course, and despite the fact that I could regen something like 60hp/turn, had 3 heals, and an antimagic shield, he killed me easy and I couldn't hold any damage on him. I was in adventure so I came back and his fearscape was down. I killed him in like 4 turns after that. So fearscape makes an absurd impact, especially on boss type enemies.

• Yeek ArchMage   1 week 8 hours ago

Hm, we were in Fearscape - maybe it was the native fire damage...

In any case, it seems I need to learn how to build an archmage that can handle something that deals out so much damage over an extended period. I suppose I had gotten lazy with the shielding and teleport - but, after all, that *did* get me through the whole game ... ;-)

• WIki updating, looking for community and staff comments.   1 week 12 hours ago

Well I am aware I have at least 5 artifacts in my turtle's inventory that do not have a wiki page. I also learned through the sludgenest that the transmogrification chest has a limit of something like 984 items. At that point it becomes rather laggy transferring from it to the normal inventory.

• Yeek ArchMage   1 week 18 hours ago

Strange, I didn't think displacement shield reflected the damage type back, I thought it was just raw damage of some other form. I suppose I've never looked at it quite thoroughly enough. That is good to know though for next time I run into something that heals/is immune to its own main damage type.

• WIki updating, looking for community and staff comments.   1 week 19 hours ago

roaming through the inventories in the Characters Vault is probably the easiest way to get started =) this game deserves a solid wiki, so it's really appreciated

• Yeek ArchMage   1 week 1 day ago

Wow, lost both remaining lives in the slime tunnels.

50th level archmage, all the shields and aegis, boatload of sustains, 650 HP/mana. First pedestal was a 14,000+ HP forge giant who took me to Fearscape and roasted me in four turns - blew through my shielding and dropped a thousand points of fire damage on me (after the 53% fire resist). Having the deflection shield up turned out to be a mistake, as his own fire attack healed him - he was at 100% when I went to Eidolon.

I geared up, went back, and ran - I had spent a lot of points on speed, and some of my gear had movement bonuses, which had served me well throughout the game - fast moves, a randart pick with a 10% spell cooldown bonus, and the Staff/Hat set with -1 Manathrust cooldown let me dish out the damage fast. Maybe I could just hit the other pillars and dodge the big nasty ...

Alas the second pillar was a repeat of the first - only 3,000 HP on the gwelgoroth, but multiple dual-critical darkness attacks did me in, the darkness heal affinity notwithstanding. One tactical error, trying to use a magic effect removal icon from a piece of gear I wasn't wearing at the time wasted a turn by putting it on instead ... and down went the shields, and all his health. That's the last mistake Megalord will ever make.

• Announcing: Ashes of Urh'Rok   1 week 2 days ago

For a moment, I thought you said Professors.

• Announcing: Ashes of Urh'Rok   2 weeks 8 hours ago

DGTUs are too long x.x

• Improved player targetting   2 weeks 13 hours ago

Thanks! Will fix the viewpoint adjustment. As to double tapping, it kinda defeats the purpose of keyboard target selection. Number+enter not convenient enough? I'll give it another thought.

• Announcing: Ashes of Urh'Rok   2 weeks 19 hours ago

Oh boy! I haven't played for like a year.
    I will wait till the expansion to come back again.

• Challenge playthrough videos   2 weeks 22 hours ago

Do not forget that all characters, especially Archers, have a Primary AND a secondary Weapon Set.
    This means you can equip two bows with two sets of arrows, which will greatly assist if you run out of arrows on your primary bow and still have dangerous enemies in range. Simply press `q` to swap weapon sets, or do it from the inventory screen. Remember to switch back to your primary bow when ready to explore. Hope this helps.

Predawn

• Everything is Unique   2 weeks 1 day ago

I am trying EV2-ES. You should explain what different ones are. Hopefully i dont get smacked around the map by 10 different badass boss lol

• Yeek ArchMage   2 weeks 3 days ago

Archmages can be very fragile starting up, but once you get some of their shielding abilities up they can be nearly impossible to kill. Between mana shield, time shield, deflection shield, shields from heals, a shielding ruin (or even reflection if you get lucky) and aegis, you'll have the equivalent of a few thousand HP. About the only thing that can really mess with you is silence, manaburn, and possibly confusion. Build up resistances for that and you should be fairly golden, though it is still important to keep an eye on your shields, since they can run out of time before hp occasionally, leaving you suddenly with far less defense than you expected.

• Yeek ArchMage   2 weeks 3 days ago

Time Shield *is* amazing! I'm rockin' it now.

• Announcing: Ashes of Urh'Rok   2 weeks 3 days ago

DarkGod - is it wise to play with this exp. when i didn`t beat base ToME4 yet? Plot-wise?

• Announcing: Ashes of Urh'Rok   2 weeks 5 days ago

That I do, indeed :)

• Announcing: Ashes of Urh'Rok   2 weeks 6 days ago
    pls

DG pls u tease

• Weapons Pack   2 weeks 6 days ago

Aura Stones are an 'unarmed' type weapon - as such, their stats will only show up if you're an unarmed type, just like the damage on gloves.

• First non-exploration victory   3 weeks 11 hours ago

Congrats on the non exploration win, and from my roguelike travel's I speak with a heart filled with the souls of many dead. May your future adventures bring ever more interest and intrigue to the world of Eyal

• Announcing: Ashes of Urh'Rok   3 weeks 1 day ago

One Darkgod Time Unit ;)

• Announcing: Ashes of Urh'Rok   3 weeks 2 days ago

Curse you soon(tm)!

Can we at least get an idea if we're looking at somewhere closer to a couple days, weeks, or months? Because soon means very different things to different people.

I want to summon demons!

Maybe I should satisfy myself with a demon mage in the mean time.

P.S. Any chance of a new race coming with it?

• Announcing: Ashes of Urh'Rok   3 weeks 3 days ago

I'm pretty excited for more TOME content, especially one that explores some of the less prevalent lore in the main game.

• Yeek ArchMage   3 weeks 3 days ago

Consider getting the Spell/Temporal tree early. Time Shield is amazing!