• Ashes of Urh'Rok: Trailer and release date!   7 hours 11 min ago

Woooooo! I don't have work on Monday! I can play allllll daaaaaay looooong!

• Ashes of Urh'Rok: Trailer and release date!   9 hours 16 min ago

awesome! im excited! :D

• Ashes of Urh'Rok: Trailer and release date!   9 hours 55 min ago

Do we have an idea of how much the DLC will cost?
    Also this is gonna be awesome!

• Ashes of Urh'Rok: Trailer and release date!   12 hours 34 min ago

oh, error.. sorry. how can I delete comment...?

• Ashes of Urh'Rok: Trailer and release date!   12 hours 35 min ago

• Ashes of Urh'Rok: Trailer and release date!   12 hours 38 min ago

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!
    I REALLY WAITED THIS!

• A small bug   2 days 13 hours ago

You may want to report this bug in appropriate forum section here. A screenshot showing the behavior would be nice as well, if you can create one.

• Kobold   3 days 4 hours ago

Thank you for the kind words. I now got around to linking my addons to the forums.

• Profile Balance, Steamtech UI DLC, Voratun Coins... oh my goodness!   3 days 4 hours ago

That's great news. Thanks for replying so quickly!

Edit; and I see you've already done it, brilliant!

• Profile Balance, Steamtech UI DLC, Voratun Coins... oh my goodness!   4 days 17 hours ago

Actually I've just had a reply from steam, they have flipped the correct switches so it should be possible now.
    I'll try to enable that on my side soon then :)

• Profile Balance, Steamtech UI DLC, Voratun Coins... oh my goodness!   5 days 3 hours ago

Just wondering if there's an update on the "As for having it on steam too; yes but I need some setup on valve part yet." Of course as you add more DLC I _have_ to buy it all, it'd be lovely if I didn't have to buy it in two places to get it, though.

If you have said it somewhere else, I am sorry. I was also unsure where to ask, so if this is the wrong place just say!

Thanks.

• Announcing: Ashes of Urh'Rok   6 days 9 hours ago

Possessors like in PosChengBand? Or more like the old school Tome 2.X series?

• Marson's Character Recycler   1 week 10 hours ago

been wishing for this for quite a while. thank you

• Kobold   1 week 1 day ago

Congrats! And you *really* should make forum threads about your addons, there are people like me who check them and not the site for news and updates. I've seen this only because the ingame spotlight has picked it up. Cheers and keep up the good work!

• AEther Operators   1 week 2 days ago

...now that I've gotten a good grasp of just how powerful this class is, I'll offer some thoughts. My techpaladin character (Bob the Sightseer, on my character page) can wipe the floor with pretty much anything. If I didn't have to go through the quests and the like, I have no doubt that my level 33 techpaladin could win the game in a walk. I doubt he'd even notice the final bosses. At worst, a mana clash could disable enough sustains that he'd have to reapply them before going back into the thick of battle.

I'm currently scumming the slimepits by holding down the 5 key (pass a turn) and letting elite boss slimes just kill themselves on me without doing any damage that isn't healed instantly, all in hopes of getting that Eye and awakening the golem. In other words, this class is beyond unbalanced. I'm basically running on a bunch of sustains, using Illuminate to clear out the riff-raff, and not facing anything remotely close to an actual threat. I get the feeling it was developed to just be a fun class to play, so I'm not complaining because, well, it's a fun class to play.

Nevertheless, a few thoughts: 1) Perhaps a limit on how many powers a character can have at one time? If you want to preserve some of the fun, allow the character to pick which powers s/he wants to keep and which s/he wants to dispense with. 2) Increase the level of the Deep Scan spell. It's definitely up there with the highest powers. Level 24+ doesn't seem unreasonable, especially since the other powers and abilities won't make it easy for a player to get that far. 3) Perhaps some caps would be in order. Say, a cap on health per level (or even a cap on health from constitution.)

Mind you, I'm not complaining. As I said, it's a lot of fun. It's a bit tedious going through the powers (one runs out of hotkeys right quick) because the magic screen has a notable lag once you start accumulating talents. But, as I said, I suspect you intended this to just be a fun time for all, and, in that, you've succeeded.

• Improved Stores   1 week 5 days ago

I didn't even realise people used this, as I didn't announce it anywhere! But I'm glad you like it. I didn't actually buff any infusions/runes, I simply removed sun infusions and forced them all to generate with an ego, so what you're seeing is just better diversity. Whereas before it might be only every couple of games you'd find a good infusion, now you're guaranteed one. But yeah it makes the game easier, this was just a personal preference thing for me as playing on nightmare I'd end up restarting chars till I had a decent movement in the shop.

• AEther Operators   2 weeks 20 hours ago

Thanks to Deep Scan, it's grotesquely overpowered if one plays with the Everything Is Unique mod (assuming once can survive to level 8.) But it's still...just plain neat when you do. Even without the Unique mod, a trip to Anglowen is like a trip to the candy factory, and I'm guessing adventurer/Ziguranth parties are still rich veins of power. :)

All in all, though survivability to level 8 is definitely an issue with the Unique mod, I'm having a lot of fun just accumulating mounds and mounds of powers. I think I even got a prodigy or two. The passives alone are enough to make a dilettante giddy.

• Undead races   2 weeks 5 days ago

Try another class?

• Undead races   3 weeks 15 hours ago

I know what you mean! I kept dying as a brawler trying to unlock ghouls,finally went summoner and unlocked it easy!

• Let there be gnomes   3 weeks 2 days ago

Great idea :D feels like you brought in a basic(but much needed) roguelike race in here!

• Let there be gnomes   3 weeks 2 days ago

Thank you for the notice and sorry for the inconvenience, I changed the amulets accordingly.

• Let there be gnomes   3 weeks 2 days ago

Just a note, the "Teleport: Oyze" skill is a spell, so it's tricked me out of getting an antimagic escort. Maybe make it an activable amulet or something?

Also, I believe the correct tag is "contest2014", not "contest 2014".

• "Overwhelmingly Positive"   3 weeks 4 days ago

So it would seem :)

Many thanks :)

• "Overwhelmingly Positive"   3 weeks 5 days ago

... it seems there's something you're doing right, DG :).

• "Overwhelmingly Positive"   3 weeks 5 days ago

That is because you have created an exemplary game with an abundance of depth in both lore and gameplay, and a uniform, high level of quality throughout. Thank you for your long-standing hard work and dedication to the TOME project.