• Bastion   49 weeks 4 days ago

Winning with an addon class =/= winning with vanilla rogue or bulwark, that's all. If you want to win with those you should play with those, not the addon and get a win on your table anyways.

• Offline Vault Problem Persists   49 weeks 4 days ago

I tested this from my end, tested different DNS servers, tested different operators internet connections and so forth. No help.

Now I woke up, noticed that I had left my char online for the night. And what do you know, the online vault actually WAS online.

Tested transfering items, and could transfer all slots. Got approx 70% success rate, on failures it said "server said connection lost" or something like that (just woke up, should've written it down).
    On few occasions during fails items just got duplicated, so basically I had 2 copies of the same amulet in vault, and the same amulet still in inventory.

Now I just gotta make a new character and check whether I can actually access the vault again.

Just before touching the online vault I zipped my save, do tell if it's needed.

• Offline Vault Problem Persists   49 weeks 5 days ago

That would be great! I'll pop on as much as possible to try and summon you DG. Thank you!

• Offline Vault Problem Persists   49 weeks 5 days ago

I seem to have a lead, could any of you with problems to to hop on IRC on #tome opn irc.rizon.net and say my name to summon me; I'm not awlays on but try a few times :)

• Offline Vault Problem Persists   49 weeks 5 days ago

Vault is offline 99,9% of the time.

After Embers was released, and I played my first char in Maj'Eyal, the Vault worked for a few tries (all within a timeframe of few minutes). Then again: nothing.
    I've wiped all of my former characters, deleted the contents of the Vault as well, doesn't matter.

I've installed Tome on different drives, tried killing the firewall software. Win10.

EDIT: I wonder what happens code-wise when one first gets to the fortress?
    I've tested on a few chars, and I'm able to contact the vault within a few minutes after getting the fortress. Save&quit, come back, and offline again, and that is the case from that point onwards, until new char. Could be coincidence obviously, but rather a strange one.

• Bastion   49 weeks 5 days ago

There is no such thing as an 'undeserved' win. Never mind that these classes are added to NPCs as well, which tends to balance things out quite a bit. Your suggestion of splitting them up to prevent 'cheating' actually makes things easier, because then you have the fairly easy to kill vanilla rogues instead of the pure murder of toxin dispensers at times.

As for the mod itself:

Personally, I like the added utility in the secondary trees. What has always irked me a bit about Bulwark was that it has access to things like archery or twohanded weapons and no real incentive to use them, because shield combat is just so much better. I'm not sure how to fix this entirely without making, say, skirmisher superfluous, but it's been a nagging thought in my head ever since I saw 'bulwark rework'. Maybe mirroring IRL and allowing a buckler to be equipped with a twohanded weapon would work? That seems like it may be a bit OP, though, and doesn't really address that the lack of synergy with the talent trees in question is the real elephant in the room.

• Wiki: Chronomancy done!   49 weeks 6 days ago

Amazing work. After you become familiar with abbreviations it's much easier to predict how different talents will behave in your build

• Bastion   49 weeks 6 days ago

Out of curiosity, why does it make you sad? Should we take away "undeserved" wins from people who scored easy victories when Solipsist and Oozemancer were brokenly overpowered at release? Is it "undeserved" if somebody won by abusing Saw Wheels Sawbutcher or the totally broken release Pain Enhancement System? How about people who win insane using item vault nonsense? Are those undeserved?

I dunno, I feel like this isn't a big issue since anyone who wins with the Bastion mod is going to have the mod on the cvault winner sheet.

• Bastion   50 weeks 17 min ago

All fixed in the latest version.

• Bastion   50 weeks 1 hour ago

just looked again here it is /engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:254:/engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua150: /data-bastion/talents/talents.lua:257: attempt to call global ' do warden weapon swap' (a nill value)
    stack traceback:
    /data-bastion/talents/talents.lua:257: in function </data-bastion/talents/talents.lua:255> [C]: in function 'xpcall' /engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:140
    at [C]:.-1
    at [C]:.-1 error
    at /engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:277 bumpinto
    at engine/interface/ActorLife.lua:42 check
    at [string "return function(self, x, y, what,...) local... "]:1 checkallEntities
    at engine/Actor.lua:209 move
    at mod/classActor.lua:1289 move
    at mod/class/Player.lua:300 moveDir
    at mod/class/Game.lualua:1745
    at /engine/KeyBind.lua:230

• Bastion   50 weeks 10 hours ago

Cant wait for that

• Bastion   50 weeks 12 hours ago

You got what the LUA error was? I'm going to be doing some more work on this tonight so will have a look then, shouldn't be too tricky to figure out anyway.

• Bastion   50 weeks 13 hours ago

Glad to hear it'll change! Right now people have some undeserved bulwark/rogue wins in their sheets they wouldn't have otherwise, this makes me sad xD
    Sorry for sounding like you did it intentionally :)
    Great work either way

• Bastion   50 weeks 13 hours ago

after installing this addon i started a temporal warden and on trying to use the weapon swap skill got a lua error which stopped it's use i uninstalled it and the skill worked making me fairly sure this was the cause

• Bastion   50 weeks 23 hours ago

Ideally I'll eventually have one big class rework mod, where you can toggle what you want to have. I'd split the generic changes of stuff like Survival/Mobility into a seperate thing, for people that don't want new classes but just like general stuff.

• Bastion   50 weeks 1 day ago

If you do change the assassin mod, I would suggest at least keeping the changes to the Survival and Mobility trees with all classes, as I have really enjoyed those. Same with some of the changes to certain talent masteries (such as traps and poison trees).

• Embers of Rage released!   50 weeks 1 day ago

I would happily donate enough to get the amount of coins I need to trade for the expansion, but 5€ is a bit much for me right now.

• Bastion   50 weeks 1 day ago

That is actually a good point. It's not really intentional either way, it never even crossed my mind. Although in the case of Bulwark, it's effectively an entirely new class codewise - all the trees are cloned versions with _raz appended to the name. I've not actually done the proper release yet so I think I might go ahead and make a distinct new-Bulwark class for that reason. Same with Assassin once I revisit it.

• Bastion   50 weeks 1 day ago

I enjoyed your Assassins mod, so I can't wait to see this one grow!

• Embers of Rage 1.0.2 is out!   50 weeks 1 day ago

I'm pretty sure he means the titan battlesmasher NPC is using the irresistable sun prodigy now.

• Bastion   50 weeks 1 day ago

Your class addons are interesting but I don't particularly agree with the decision to overload the base class :P
    Handing rogue/bulwark wins to people using an addon that is basically a different class on a whole another level doesn't feel fair to me, considering the state of these classes. (It shows on your winner's table anyways)

• Succor   50 weeks 2 days ago

Embers of rage new escort added Lost tinker

• Offline Vault Problem Persists   50 weeks 2 days ago

I too am having the same issue, no way to access online vault.

Has anyone found a fix?

• Embers of Rage 1.0.2 is out!   50 weeks 3 days ago

"Reduced a little Tempest of Metal max doge"

Very sad. Much disappoint. Wow.

• Ogres Look Like Shalore   50 weeks 4 days ago