Based in Paris, France
31 Dec, 2012 / Continuous updates
Tales of Maj'Eyal is a roguelike RPG, featuring tactical turn-based combat and advanced character building. Play as one of many unique races and classes in the lore-filled world of Eyal, exploring random dungeons, facing challenging battles, and developing characters with your own tailored mix of abilities and powers. With a modern graphical and customisable interface, intuitive mouse control, streamlined mechanics and deep, challenging combat, online stats and character sheets, Tales of Maj'Eyal offers engaging roguelike gameplay for the 21st century.
Notice: Undefined variable: histories in /var/www/te4.org/htdocs/press/sheet.php on line 474
Tales of Maj'Eyal is first and foremost a work of love. Love of roguelikes, love of fun, love of players, love of tears of said players when they die ingame. It comes from a long history of roguelike games by Nicolas "DarkGod" Casalini that started in 1998 with PernAngband and evolved multiple times. The latest iteration, Tales of Maj'Eyal is a whole new game started for fun in late 2009 that kept, and still keeps, on growing. Over time the game has helped Humanity to lose nearly 500 years of gameplay time, killing nearly 6 millions characters in the process!
Notice: Undefined variable: histories in /var/www/te4.org/htdocs/press/sheet.php on line 491
- Focus on randomly generated tactical battles
- Rich set of very unique classes
- Unlocks & achievements progression
- Rich world with its own history which slowly reveal during the game
- No consumables, no grinding
- Turn based: think before you act!
- Simple, easy to use interface
- Easy modding support
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Top 10 game of the year 2013 on IndieDB"
- "Winner of the Roguelike of the Year award 2012"
- "Winner of the Roguelike of the Year award 2011"
- "Winner of the Roguelike of the Year award 2010"
- "Top 10 game of the year 2013 on IndieDB." IndieDB
- "Winner of the Roguelike of the Year award 2012" ASCII Dreams
- "Winner of the Roguelike of the Year award 2011" ASCII Dreams
- "Winner of the Roguelike of the Year award 2010" ASCII Dreams
- "If 2013 was the year of the roguelite, perhaps 2014 will be the year when we return to the roots."
- Adam Smith, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "Deep, complex and infinitely satisfying, Tales of Maj'Eyal is the pinnacle of the fantasy roguelike as it exists in 2013. "
- Pete Davison, USGamer
- "If you didn't download TOME immediately then please do so now, unless you're at work, in which case it's acceptable to wait until your lunch break. Take your lunch break immediately."
- Adam Smith, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "Tales of Maj'''Eyal (TOME) seems to be a roguelike that refuses to have the shortcomings that are taken for granted in the genre."
- Jon Spengler, Dorkadia
- " It's one of the bigger, more complex roguelikes out there."
- Tom Sykes, PCGamer
Notice: Undefined variable: press_request in /var/www/te4.org/htdocs/press/sheet.php on line 768
Notice: Undefined variable: press_request_fail in /var/www/te4.org/htdocs/press/sheet.php on line 781
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Tales of Maj'Eyal v1.2 release
Tales of Maj'Eyal v1.1 release
Tales of Maj'Eyal v1.0 release
Tales of Maj'Eyal first beta announcement
About Netcore Games
Netcore Games is an independent game studio made up entirely of Nicolas Casalini, in collaboration with freelance artist Assen Kanev. Netcore Games is committed to building games that last: Tales of Maj'Eyal, while already very successful and selling, keeps getting new free updates. Happy players makes for happy developers!
More information on Netcore Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Tales of Maj'Eyal Credits
Nicolas "DarkGod" Casalini
Game Designer & Developer, Founder
Assen "Rexorcorum" Kanev
Raymond "Shockbolt" Gaustadnes