Choosing whether to become a Zigur-Follower is an important choice most non-arcane classes must choose.
Note: Undead are unnatural creatures, and may not choose to become anti-magic.
Being anti-magic has several effects:
- You may not use runes
- You may not wield/wear any arcane-powered items
- You may not use any talents that are classified as spells (the description says "is: Spell")
- You will gain increased effects from anti-magic powered items
- You may not complete An Apprentice Task quest chain (TODO: Details? What happens if you complete it before anti-magic quest? what if you start it, then do anti-magic?)
- You may ask Zigur for help for the Storming the City quest
- You unlock the Wild-gift/Antimagic talent tree and gain one level in Antimagic Shield
The biggest draw for becoming anti-magic is unlocking the Anti-magic category, however, to get the most of this tree, you should have a high Willpower and be prepared to spend a fair amount of generic points.
Adopting antimagic limits you from many items, completely locking out runes, and also denying you the use of arcane-powered items, limiting your equipment selection.
The choice of becoming anti-magic can be a tough decision for some. It is important to consider:
- If you have enough generic points to spend
- If you can do without arcane-powered items
- If your willpower is high enough to make it worth it