There are many stores found in the game, usually inside towns. Stores sell almost all types of equip-able items. Each store is of a certain type (ie. jewelry, swords, light armor), which will determine the inventory that it stocks for sale.
The material tier for store inventory is restricted to a level range which is set for each town. For example, a town with a material tier of 2-3 will only have tier 2 or tier 3 items in their stores; unless the store is restocked when you reach a particular goal.
Stores will also buy any item you choose to sell. This is a leftover from the earlier versions in which you had to unlock the Transmogrification Chest before it was available at birth. There's no real point to selling an item to a store; the Transmogrification Chest will give the same amount of gold as the store; AND will give energy to the Sher'Tul Fortress once you have unlocked the fortress.
Stores in the Main Campaign
Stores only acquire new inventory three times over the course of the whole game:
In addition to the standard inventory for each store type, there are a few special features in certain stores:
- Any weapon store in Last Hope can teach you Combat Training (50 gold) or (8 gold).
- The jewelry store in Angolwen and Gates of Morning can make custom rings out of your gems and blank rings.
- The staff store in Angolwen can teach you Staff Combat.
- The mindstar store in Zigur can teach you Mindstar Mastery (various prices; locked, then unlocked, then unlocked with bonus).
- No store in Zigur will sell any filthy Arcane-powered items.
Incomplete table of store items by location:
|Robes & Cloaks||Derth||Last Hope|
|Mail & Plate||Derth||Last Hope|
|Gloves & Gauntlets||Derth||Last Hope|
Stores in Embers of Rage
In addition to the town stores in Embers of Rage, certain zones have Ancient Automated Archives which are portable vending machines. These can be reprogrammed to go to other places. The Embers campaign also has one special zone which is a special store: Kaltor's Shop.