|Warning: this page contains spoilers.|
|This page may contain information that you might not want revealed. Read at your own risk.|
What is unlockable and how to unlock them
Below is a list of things that are unlockable in ToME 4 and how to unlock them.
Those who wish to unlock all classes and races (including several 'unreleased' ones) immediately may do so by downloading zizzo's Ignore Race/Class Locks addon and adding it to their /Game/Addons folder: http://te4.org/games/addons/tome/ignore-raceclass-locks
- Undead (Skeletons and Ghouls)
- Kill The Master in Dreadfell to unlock one undead subrace, selected at random.
- Adventurer (bonus class)
- Complete the "Maj'Eyal: the Age of Ascendancy" campaign.
- Anorithil (Celestial meta class)
- Kill Krogar and save Fillarel in the Unremarkable Cave in the Far East.
- Corruptor (Corruptor meta class)
- Cursed (Afflicted meta class)
- Complete the quest "The beast within" which starts on the world map north of Last Hope.
- Demonologist (Defiler meta class)
- While a Doombringer, and using a race that starts out in the off-planet demon area (i.e. not undead/dwarf or other overriding start), you will be abducted while using the rod of recall at roughly level 20. completing this level/event will unlock Demonologist.
- Doomed (Afflicted meta class)
- Kill your own shade in the Shadow Crypt in the Far East.
- Marauder (Rogue meta class)
- Mindslayer (Psionic meta class)
- Necromancer (Mage meta class)
- Kill the necromancer Celia in the Last Hope Graveyard after reading all 4 necromancer lore.
- Paradox Mage (Chronomancer meta class)
- Get killed by your future self in Daikara, playing as a Temporal Warden.
- Note: if you you just press '5' and wait for your future self to win the fight you will miss out on an artifact bow that goes well with Temporal Warden. You can bring your future self down to half health, defeat the optional boss and then get defeated by your future self if you want said artifact bow.
- Reaver (Corruptor meta class)
- Kill 1,000 humanoids (counts over multiple games). You can check the progress of this unlock under the Reaver achievement.
- Skirmisher (Rogue meta class)
- Stone Warden (Wilder meta class)
- Summoner (Wilder meta class)
- Sun Paladin (Celestial meta class)
- Complete the quest "Eight legs of wonder" which starts in the Gates of Morning in the Far East.
- Temporal Warden (Chronomancer meta class)
- Complete the quest "Back and Back and Back to the Future" which starts in Daikara.
- Wildfire (for Archmage class)
- Inflict over 1,000,000 fire damage, having already unlocked Archmages. It counts all damage done by the player, whatever the source -- spells, weapons, etc. -- and it counts over multiple games. You can check the progress of this unlock under the Pyromancer achievement.
- Ice (for Archmage and Necromancer classes)
- Inflict over 1,000,000 cold damage, having already unlocked Archmages. It counts all damage done by the player, over multiple games. You can check the progress of this unlock under the Cryomancer achievement.
- Storm (for Archmage class)
- Poisons (for Rogue, Marauder, Skirmisher and Archer classes)
- Side with the Assassin Lord in the "Trapped!" quest in the Unknown Tunnels.
- Infinite Dungeon: The Neverending Descent
- Open the sealed door in the Ruined Dungeon and read the last note.
- The Arena: Challenge of the Master
- Complete the quest "The agent of the arena" which starts in Derth.
- Transmogrification Chest
- After picking up the chest, each new character will start with such a chest.
- Zigur Betrayal
- Redhead cosmetic option
- Female Dwarf Beards cosmetic option
- Insane Difficulty
- Win the game in Nightmare difficulty to unlock the even harder Insane difficulty. You have to win the main campaign, winning the arena mode in Nightmare difficulty will not unlock Insane. However, once you have Insane difficulty unlocked, it will be available for all other game modes as well.
- Madness Difficulty
- Win the game in Insane difficulty to unlock the uber-hard Madness difficulty. You have to win the main campaign, winning the arena mode in Insane difficulty will not unlock Madness. However, once you have Insane difficulty unlocked, it will be available for all other game modes as well.