From Tales of Maj'Eyal
The following notes based on the character below:
The oozemancer is a close range antimagic caster
- Highly durable due to a combination of...
- spawning bloated ooze to share all damage taken
- providing a huge amount of critical shrug off
- allowing regeneration infusions to be permanently active
- Can use heavy or massive armors due to equilibrium not taking any fatigue penalty
- Antimagic and Eyal's Fury categories strongly counter magic users
- Low damage output for a caster due to a combination of...
- Poison is a significant component of damage output, but also the most common immunity among enemies (e.g. undead)
- No innate access to talents that boost critical chance
- Hard to find good Mindstars with egos that boost nature or acid damage, and must wait until Font of Sacrifice to mitigate this weakness.
- Innately antimagic alignment prevents use of any arcane items, severely restricting item choice.
- Preparation for chest, corner/doors, and stairs
- Equip a totem of healing if entering a new level that can spawn escorts
- and spread around a bit
- Regeneration infusion
- if entering new level
- Note that and effects will disappear on level transition, so cannot be used for stair traps.
- Defeating Urkis to unlock the Fungus tree early will be important for surviving the Dark Crypt at level 24. This is best done at level 20-22 (keep a level buffer so killing Urkis does not overlevel you).
- Keep an eye out for lightning resistant gear during the early game.
- Float class talent points in to corner snipe Urkis. Extra floating points can go to , , or to improve survivability and hit-and-run capability.
- Float generic point in and .
- Use level 20 category point for an extra infusion slot. Put a wild infusion to cleanse magic effects in this slot to counter Fungus is unlocked. . This can be replaced with a regeneration infusion once
- Clear the whole map except for Urkis. Dig around a bit to create more corners that can help break line of sight.
- Adjust sustained talents for kiting. Only and are really necessary. Even might be too expensive early on, especially since you don't need it for any of the kiting talents.
- Alternate and while running away from Urkis. This should keep some mucus on the ground at all times to spawn mucus ooze as extra targets for Urkis.
- Keep running away, scouting with , and spawning ooze as distractions. Don't get greedy. It only takes a few casts of and to kill Urkis. Watch out for Urkis approaching from unexpected directions after he teleports.