Equilibrium is the resource used by the Wild Gift class of talents, and represents how far the character is out of balance with Nature. It is sometimes abbreviated "EQ". Fatigue does not impact equilibrium at all.
Equilibrium starts at 0, and is raised by talent use. If Equilibrium exceeds Willpower, an attempt to use a Wild Gift talent will have a chance to fizzle, resulting in the loss of a turn. This failure chance is shown on the resource bar, and the associated formula is:
Talent Failure Chance = sqrt( Equilibrium - Willpower ) / 60
Equilibrium does not naturally reduce itself over time, but it can be restored by:
- Walking on the wilderness map
- Standing in the area of effect of a Font of Life
- Using the talent passively or actively
- Successfully killing an enemy with the talent
- Being hit while is active
- Coming under a life regeneration effect while under the influence of
- Being hit while wearing various equipment with on-hit EQ regeneration
- Player or friendly creatures standing in
- Sustaining while knowing
- Using the Heart of Poosh artifact
Note that if a player/creature has an Equilibrium bar, using Vim-based talents will increase equilibrium by 5 times the Vim cost.