A Yeek Wayist is encountered in the Ruined Halfling Complex. He is facing off with Subject Z. Until you see Subject Z, Subject Z and the Yeek Wayist won't take any actions, but when you see Subject Z, they begin to fight (i.e. you always arrive at the start of the fight). If you are a Yeek yourself, who would have arrived fresh off the Island of Rel at a relatively low level, he will warn you at the start of the fight, and give you the option to immediately use your [[Rod of Recall] (which will only take 5 turns to take effect, instead of 40).
If you defeat Subject Z without the Yeek Wayist dying first, several outcomes are possible depending on your race:
- If you are a Yeek, you may speak to the Wayist and unlock Mindslayers.
- If you are a Halfling, the Wayist will become hostile and attack you.
- If you are an Undead race, the Wayist will be hostile to you until you wear your Cloak of Deception.
- If you are not a Yeek or Halfling, you may speak to the Wayist to receive +15 mental save, and +10% confusion immunity. The first time you do this, you will also unlock Yeeks.
You will have the option of giving the bonus mental save and confusion immunity to a party member that satisfies the following conditions:
- It is not dead, and it is on the current map
- It may be fully controlled by you
- It is not a summoned creature with a time limit