From Tales of Maj'Eyal
|Warning: this page contains spoilers.|
|This page may contain information that you might not want revealed. Read at your own risk.|
A Farportal is a device to transport a user across large distances. It may work by itself, or require the use of a device to activate it, such as the Orb of Many Ways.
List of Farportals
- Exploratory farportal, inside the Sher'Tul Fortress under Lake of Nur. This is activated by simply walking into it, and does not require the Orb of Many Ways. This takes you to a randomly-generated zone - more details on the Sher'Tul Fortress page.
- In the Reknor tunnels, first encountered during the quest The wild wild east. When activated, takes you to the Unremarkable Cave in the Far East.
- In the Gates of Morning, constructed by Zemekkys at the end of the quest There and back again, after you bring him a Blood-Runed Athame and Resonating Diamond. When activated, takes you to the wilderness just outside Last Hope.
- In Last Hope, constructed by Meranas, Herald of Angolwen, after you give them a Blood-Runed Athame and Resonating Diamond at the end of the quest Back and there again. When activated, takes you to the wilderness just outside the Gates of Morning.
- At the end of Eruan, there is a farportal that, when activates, takes you to the Charred Scar. It can only be used once.
- At the end of the Charred Scar, there a farportal that, when activated, takes you to the wilderness outside the Unremarkable Cave.
- One portal on floor 10 of the High Peak. Not called a farportal, but similar in that it requires the Orb of Many Ways to be used. When activated, takes you to the High Peak sanctum.
- Three in the High Peak sanctum:
- The void farportal in the centre of the room. The Sorcerers are trying to open it to summon the god Gerlyk through it. On most characters, your goal is to prevent it from opening (if you successfully completed The Doom of the World! in the Charred Scar), or otherwise to close it. Yeek characters can instead use its power and sacrifice themselves to spread The Way to every sentient creature on Eyal.
- On the west side of the sanctum, there is a farportal that, when activated, takes you to the wilderness outside the Iron Throne.
- On the east side of the sanctum, there is a farportal that, when activated, takes you to the wilderness outside the Unremarkable Cave.