People of Maj'Eyal, my minions!
2013 has seen the modules contest, which brought out many new interesting games that I hope will continue to be developed into even better version of themselves by their authors.
So this year, while they work on that, I will turn my focus towards a new goal: addons.
There are already a whole lot of addons that exist and this is great, be they classes, races, UI stuff, ... but one category is still sorely lacking: quests!
So, in the spirit of promoting the creation of new, quality addon based quests for Tales of Maj'Eyal I would like to create a new contest!
During this year 2014 up until the 1st December your task will be to create new, amazing and fun quests for Tales of Maj'Eyal. Anyone can, and is welcome to, participate (except me obviously) !
When the contest closes there will be a big vote where ToME players can elect the "best" addons.
Players will be asked to rate each addon on fun, polish and integration in the game, the winner being determined by the best average of those factors.
In addition to fame and pleasure of having created a fun addon the 1st place will also grant a 300€ reward, the second a 200€ reward and the third a 100€ reward (by paypal). Additionaly if you want and if I agree your quest may be addon to the main game someday.
The rules to participate are as follows:
- Addons must be released by the 1st December (you can, and are encouraged to continue dev on it afterwards obviously)
- Addons are encouraged (but not required) to release often during the year. Remember for players to like your addon they must be able to play it!
- Addons must be published on http://te4.org/ with a tag "contest2014"
- The prime focus of each addon must be a new quest (or quests)
- Quest/zone/.. must be at home in the existing game's lore, this is the "integration in the game" part. If in doubt ask on the forums and I'll gladly answer all your lore questions.
- A quest will probably not require a whole year to create, the idea is that you should try to produce many of them to have more chances of ranking one in the top 3 position. Try to make one addon per quest or quest "group"
- Eyal is a wide world, be wild, be fun, be amazing! (yes this is a rule!)
You are very welcome to join #tome on irc.rizon.net where nice people can sometimes help you and post about your addon/progress/questions in the addons section of the forums!
Now open your code editors and start coding!