My minions, I am back from my little vacation and have some exciting news for you!
Eyal orbits a star called Shandral, but it is not the only world to do so. A world known as Mal'Rok to its inhabitants also orbits it, a world famous for many creatures that hail from it: creatures that people on Eyal call "demons".
The demons have one goal: the invasion of Eyal, by any means necessary.
Ashes of Urh'Rok will be the first expansion for Tales of Maj'Eyal. The idea for it is old, as is some of the code, but was on hold until I got the few remaining ideas needed, and I have them now!
So rather than delay it until after the Orcs campaign (which is bigger), I have decided to quickly finish it and release it to my minions as soon as possible (which is soon, even if I'll never give a date for a release ;) ).
It is a "small" expansion, comparatively to the orc campaign, yet brings some fun features:
- Play as a Doombringer class, a master of destruction and pain that binds demonic forces to channel power through her massive two handed weapon.
- Unlock the Demonologist class, a sword & board fighter that enhances her battle prowess by summoning demons and grafting them onto her weapons and armour. Powerful demonologists can even call upon the echoes of the Spellblaze itself.
- Play through a new starting zone, the Searing Halls, to escape your demonic masters.
- Survive the abduction attempts from the demons and discover new zones.
- Discover the real reason for the demons' wrath toward Eyal with the various lore pieces to be found.
- Experience the "tinker" system, originally developed for the orcs campaign, that lets you attach items to your equipment.
- Unlock multiple demonic "cosmetic" features for many races.
- Earn new achievements.
- Find new demonic artifacts.
- New custom made music and graphics.
Now my minions, you simply need to wait patiently in line while your local God of Darkness prepares to unleash the Ashes of Urh'Rok upon you!
One last thing my minions, to whet yet another appetite: work has also begun on the class that will eventually replace the Stone Wardens as the donator bonus: Possessors. No I will not say one more word ;)