• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta9 unleashed!   9 years 2 hours ago

Found the above bug by the way, line 49 in data/quests/mage-apprentice.lua (as it says above):

-- Special handling for the staff of absorption
                            if o.define_as 21ans22 o.define_as == "STAFF_ABSORPTION" then

"ans" should probably be "and"

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta9 unleashed!   9 years 2 hours ago

Finally found the start of the apprentice mage quest.... but somehow a bug has been introduced in the Lua script and I can't finish the conversation.

If I edit the script to fix it, will it affect the game in real time? Or do I get to kill the process and resume from my last save? (it's been a looooong time)

[CHAT] selected I will keep that in mind function: 0x10fe1a80 nil
    Lua Error: /engine/interface/ActorQuest.lua:31: /data/quests/mage-apprentice.lua:49: 'then' expected near 'ans'

At [C]:-1

At /data/chats/mage-apprentice-quest.lua:70 action
        At /engine/dialogs/Chat.lua:72 use
        At /engine/dialogs/Chat.lua:48 ?
        At /engine/KeyBind.lua:198

316 frames in 10.022 seconds = 31.5306 FPS

• Beta 9 OSX version is up   9 years 6 days ago

Such a promising Happy Day! Thx! :)

PS. Since now mobs HP tooltip is auto-updated is less annoying have to mouse out/mouse over all the time. :)

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta9 unleashed!   9 years 1 week ago

well since no new mac version is out i went to windows check how new version was doing. WTF is wrong in this version? I hope that ur idea of balancing isnt that now the first mob i find is a lvl12 troll or get surrounded swarms of enemies. How and where to progress a lvl1 char? Also there is a lot of mobs without letter. they seem like "invisible"...

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta9 unleashed!   9 years 1 week ago
  • t-o-m-e.net DNS is back online   9 years 2 weeks ago

Also no news about the Mac version! ;D

• t-o-m-e.net DNS failure   9 years 2 weeks ago

Pssh... play tome?!? I've way to busy writing up talent descriptions and cluttering up the forums with chronomancy posts to actually play. But since said forums are down... maybe I'll level a fighter or berserker up and see how the warcries look.

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta7 unleashed!   9 years 5 weeks ago

OMG! OMG! There is also a fresh Mac release! thx DG! :D

• New class: Alchemist   9 years 5 weeks ago

Hum no it should work just fine.. hum

• New class: Alchemist   9 years 5 weeks ago

REALLY love the new version, I still play angband and moria on occasion =P Okay, I may have "went outside the lines" on my berserker build, but I decided to give it a try. I took my category points and tried to make him a dual wielder. Game wont seem to let me equip an offhand, even though Im using a one handed weapon in my main. Is this a definite NO to being able to dual wield as a berserker? Your thoughts please sir.

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta6 unleashed!   9 years 6 weeks ago

Still waiting for an OSX version too. ;)
    DarkGod i tryed the last beta in Windows and had a strange bug. In early gameplay phase as playing as a warrior killed some mobs and then my dmg hit turned negative so i couldn't kill anymore none of the enemies.

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta6 unleashed!   9 years 6 weeks ago

I'm still waiting for the OSX build too:/ I'll post it as soon as I get it.

As for bug reports please use the forums :)

PS: Stores are a tad uggy in beta6

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta6 unleashed!   9 years 6 weeks ago

Still waiting for those OSX binaries.. help a brother out!

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta6 unleashed!   9 years 6 weeks ago

Going back the the quantity comfirmation box when selling/buying multiple items in the shops, maybe Im not doing something right but i have yet to get the count working correctly, cant zero it out or clear the prelisted number with backspace, delete, keypad or qwerty numbers

• ToME forever: Announcing ToME4 beta!   9 years 6 weeks ago

DarkGod - I've been a fan of ToME since it's inception, and before that Angband, Moria, etc. I've enjoyed each incarnation of ToME you've developed, but you've outdone yourself with this one. The change in direction lends itself to incredibly flexible possibilities. I look forward to seeing where ToME 4 goes.

One minor thought: A suicide key would be great, particularly in Beta - after using my last phase door and ending up in an impenetrable thicket of trees, I was unable to get out, or to kill myself.

Keep up the extraordinary work!

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta6 unleashed!   9 years 6 weeks ago

I think when i tried to sell a bloody phial (blood of life) at the weapon shop it added 100 gold to my treasure list as that is the value listed of the item.

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta6 unleashed!   9 years 7 weeks ago

Dwarf berzerker, running berzerk and precise strikes left me 49 STA, cant use rush (45 sta) for some reason. says i dont have enough stam

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta6 unleashed!   9 years 7 weeks ago

Actually, I think that monster HP thing has to do with a bug... apparently if you look at a monster, then exit look mode, then look at it again, it doesn't update the status - you have to look at something ELSE first!

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta5 unleashed!   9 years 7 weeks ago

A few notes:

- Using an unfamiliar build process definitely doesn't help. Yes, autoconfiscation _is_ an abomination, but there must be better ways...
    - There are bugs in building using newer binutils (Linux mostly): You can't rely on libraries that have been linked to libraries to be included automatically in the final link. In short, the TEngine.make LIBS macro has to add "-lm -lpthread"
    - Here the link complains about the use of tmpnam at src/lua/loslib.c:60, suggesting change it to mkstemp
    - Is there some VCS for this (preferably git, but I'd take almost anything)? Chipping in is hard if only tarballs are published....

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta6 unleashed!   9 years 7 weeks ago

One more thing... do high-level monsters regenerate HP, or is their true HP hidden from the player or something? Even after fighting some OoD monsters (say, a grizzly bear on level 1 of Trollshaws) for a few turns, they're still at 100% HP...

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta6 unleashed!   9 years 7 weeks ago

I use the enter key on the num pad and not the regular one so much. It diddnt register when comfirming quantities when selling more than 1 item in a shop (who needs 15 slime mold potions right?) More of an oversite than a bug i think but kinda annoying. I got the fox and wolf damage 0 thing too. Still some trouble switching gfx modes, lot of white out in grids. Overall I think its going good though. Great to see you back DG

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta6 unleashed!   9 years 7 weeks ago

Might have just been my previous character being lucky (first time I'd tried a Dwarven Berserker in a while) but wolves and foxes weren't doing any damage to me. Even Dire Wolves only did 5.00 physical damage. Of course, it was made up for by Bill, who did 92 with his first swing and 140 with his second. He didn't need a third.

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta6 unleashed!   9 years 7 weeks ago

I've noticed that items in inventory seem to be alphabetically sorted - even the un-ID'd ones! So you can get a hint of what an item might be simply by observing where it is in the list...
    Also, it seems that healing potions are always red and mana potions are always blue... that doesn't work well with an ID system!
    And does any character ever run out of Stamina???

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta6 unleashed!   9 years 7 weeks ago

Ok, but what i was trying to say is to dont forget to release from time to time an OSX port since us Mac folks dont have yet a stable release. i had problems with b3 since as you know save wasnt working well (always freezed saving). Other problem that i noticed (but didn't understand if is a specific port problem or general is that sometimes becames a bit slugglish). Anyway all the rest seems very promising. Thx, good work (and luck) in next releases DarkGod! :)

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta6 unleashed!   9 years 7 weeks ago