• Made it to the Master   2 days 21 hours ago

Congrats!

Another thing you could consider is doing a full clear of all content (Maze, Daikara, Tempest Peak, Sandworm, Old Forest etc.) before attempting the Master. That should put you at level 27+. Taking on the Master at level 24 means you have no Prodigy yet and that can make a huge difference.

• Point Credits   3 days 19 hours ago

Seems like the additional "credits" for talents and generics works fine, but I'm unable to go into the negatives for category points. Any idea as to what may be causing this? Thank you for a fantastic mod!

• quickfix   3 days 20 hours ago

Accidentally broke the display when fixing Forest Wights in a way that I did not encounter while testing the new patch.

Fixing that here.

• Trapped! is one sided.   3 days 23 hours ago

This is true for people who have Forbidden Cults, but if you don't have that, you can't get the reroll benefit from Assassin Lord, which keeps the merchant's side better. It's an interesting bifurcation of the player base experience.

• Playable Wight Races   3 days 23 hours ago

Thank you for your feedback. This has been fixed in the latest release.

After consulting with astralInferno, one of the most prolific modders in the community, there really is no way to fix this problem of unlocking and relocking an entire talent tree and getting the points right to cover all use cases without removing the ability to undo points in the generic tree that controls it.

I resisted this solution at first because it is inelegant and because it takes flexibility away from the player, but it is the only clean solution. All points for Forest Wight racial generics are now unrefundable. Plan accordingly.

• Adjustments   3 days 23 hours ago

Changes:

• Wight experience penalty reduced slightly, in line with new racial penalty amounts.
    • Forest Wight generics are now all unalterable, by player request. Allocate carefully.

The only thing that could break last patch was if you deliberately went in and undid the final point in one talent, then redid it, and even breaking it would not crash the game... but some people prefer a "you can't break it" to a "it won't break unless you go out of your way to break it" experience, even if the latter preserves flexibility.

• Odyssey of The Summoner (for ToME 1.7.4+)   1 week 3 days ago

It seems the game doesn't like decontaminate. https://i.imgur.com/1HLpCRX.png
    The buff goes into negative duration once the regular duration end too.

• Odyssey of The Summoner (for ToME 1.7.4+)   1 week 4 days ago

I read you arent going to add new things but maybe you could add some explanations for obscure things to descriptions? Like, first discipline (I think it doubles the active effect?)

• Summoner rework   1 week 4 days ago

I think its a good idea to add a special effect to 'reinforcement' when wielding a 2h with shield (ogre moment)

• Trapped! is one sided.   1 week 6 days ago

Do you think the merchant was imprisoned not for ransom but because he called the Assassin Lord "Asslord" and pissed the guy off? I like to believe this is the official story. And it makes it easier to side with the Assassin Lord. "Wait...you called a powerful, dangerous criminal 'Asslord' to his face? You deserve what you got."

• Player GAI   1 week 6 days ago

Mod updated and should be far more useful.

• Trapped! is one sided.   1 week 6 days ago

Asslord is great to side with. Getting access to the font lets you spend some gold to reroll your RNG on items and pick from a list of new results. This results, generally, in a very reliable (for a roguelike) way to upgrade. You also know when it's coming and you can plan around it. But the items you get aren't the best items you can get.

The merchant is paying for new gear of a guaranteed quality. It also rolls extra egos. Your odds of getting something useful are not so great. Your odds of getting something absolutely spectacular do exist though. 100% crit chance from 1 weapon? Absolutely in the realm of possibilities. Not likely, but still very cool.

I go with asslord the vast majority of the time, but sometimes merchant can be nice to mix it up. Also, some classes can't side with asslord at all, so it's nice that the merchant still isn't a horrible pick. It's just not as reliable.

• Mage Knight   2 weeks 1 day ago

I find it unfortunate the pre-essence versions of this mod are not available anymore :(
    Personally I can't have a fraction of the fun with the overhauled changes

• Class: Revamped Wyrmic   2 weeks 2 days ago

But maybe let wyrmic chars be born with a shield and dual wield weapons in addition to the 2h axe they get?

• Necromancy+   2 weeks 3 days ago

Why is it commented out and why does the description not mention it?

• Personalization   2 weeks 3 days ago

This was fun. I mean, being able to take Possession talents with an adventurer can lead to massively OP characters, but that's just a matter of choice, and I chose to have fun. I do like being able to possess everyone (well, the Godfeaster boss was immune to being possessed for some reason, but none of the others I've encountered resisted.) One thought, if you feel like doing it -- perhaps a menu option to allow a player to set the cap on leveling so they stop at 50 if they want to?

• Wilder Balance   2 weeks 5 days ago

All the changes are dank, though turning stone warden stuff into teleports makes them fizzle in some areas it seems.

• Outlander   3 weeks 3 days ago

I personally don't feel there is such as limit. A talent seems to be something fancy, but in computer it is just one bit (or two bits) of data.

Yes learning from oridinary enemies is intentional. It is just easier (high probability) to learn talents from rare enemies.

For character rank see https://te4.org/wiki/Rank

• Heartstalker - Psionic Class   3 weeks 4 days ago

Although I am not sure how to replicate this bug, here is what happened: I am currently playing oozemancer - removing buffs debuffs and sustains all around. One random rare casted effigy in the middle of a fight on me, I did not notice as I had a lot of oozes around. After fight it does not disappear (maybe I managed to remove some buff/debuff/kill its caster, I dont know for sure). Instead it stays permanently and with -50% - 0% resistances acts as extreme damage sponge/run ender. Class is really fun to play though and I hope you manage to repair this one talent.

• Heartstalker - Psionic Class   3 weeks 4 days ago

• Outlander   3 weeks 5 days ago

Thanks for the update, I'm running amok with an Outlander now. Never had to worry about it before, but is there a limit on the number of talents a character can have, before ToME decides to halt and catch fire? An observation - the description says talents from rare monsters may be come available, but I'm getting them from very ordinary varmints like ants, snakes, etc, as well. Intended? Finally, what does the character rank DO? Is it just an otherwise insignificant placeholder count to require five points for the prodigy?

• Summoner rework   3 weeks 5 days ago
  • Trapped! is one sided.   3 weeks 5 days ago

Holy crap, they made siding with the assassin lord actually good 0_0

I'm glad I found this little spoiler I would have never found this myself

• Spell Merchants quickfix   3 weeks 5 days ago

Hello,
    I've noticed that the Lost Merchant quest also needs a fix, so I'll be doing an upload of a quick-fix of it. But when you have time to upload yours with the fix, changing lvl from 6 to 18, let me know and I'll remove mine, ok?

• Made it to the Master   4 weeks 1 day ago

Yeah, when starting out, Adventure mode makes the most sense. It's a tough game, and it only gets tougher after the Master. So give yourself some leeway to make mistakes or walk unknowingly into deathtraps (there are some really nasty ones out there if you aren't willing to spoil yourself by reading up on the game.) Hell, lots of people -- me included -- prefer Adventure mode even after knowing the ins and outs of the game. If you don't have unlimited time to spend playing, it can be frustrating starting from scratch every time you die even when you're playing perfectly. There are always going to be situations where you're just whacked up side the head by the RNG.

Congrats on making it to the Master. Next time, the best course would be to scan for monsters (if you have an item or talent that can do that), try to clear as much of the level as you can before taking on the Master and, when in doubt, teleport away immediately after killing him the first time. You can rest up and, since he's at full health already, you don't have to worry about him taking advantage of your absence to heal up again. Just remember -- he *will* be coming to look for you, so keep an eye out.