• Notice: All characters services are on readonly mode for a few hours   3 days 8 hours ago

Some little unforeseen technicalities I'm afraid; i've taken the profiles server online for now, should be back up in 1 or 2 hours I hope

Hey there, i'm also expiriencing this "lua storm" in-game, chat's dont working, in main menu errors keep ocurring like 2-3 per second, and lags, lags upon lags :(

• Notice: All characters services are on readonly mode for a few hours   3 days 18 hours ago

.... for the last hour, the game has been as unstable as all get-out, with various errors (314) crashing the system and making it entirely unplayable.

Might this tinkering be the cause? I have done nothing new, made no additions, just done the usual cycle of many deaths.

• CHN Addons for ToME   5 days 9 hours ago

not working with 1.5.10 (all other addons disabled), causes lua error:
    error = "Lua Error: /engine/ui/TreeList.lua:131: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'startx' (a nil value) ...

• Inferno Forger   1 week 2 days ago

Cool class! I played a pure non-melee build, which started out breathing fire like a dragon and grew into being a walking fireball. One bug though: Sustained talents deactivate and reactivate when changing zone. When this happens, one of the sustained talents damages the player temporarily. While the damage is quickly reset, it's possible to die from self-nuking. With the class being what it is, maybe that 's a roleplaying feature?

• QuickTome: Zone Overhaul   1 week 4 days ago

Any reason why Reknor is left at 4 floors?

• Custom Difficulty   3 weeks 3 days ago

Just wanted to comment to say this was very well done. Settings can be easily adjusted during character creation via a series of new fields to the right of the class selection list. Each field has a detailed description of how it works and what values are required to qualify for each difficulty. Very clean and clear.

• Addons?   3 weeks 4 days ago

The understanding I have with addons is that it's like speedrunning. If you want some big bragging rights, you run stock ToME, but obviously not everyone's drawn to that. (I should know, I tried in chat to describe the 9 circles of Mod Hell, with my game at circle 9.)

The "feel," at least as far as I understand it, is that you don't accomplishment brag if you do a lot of modding without disclosing it first. QoL mods usually don't affect much since people care about how difficult that supposed run of yours actually was, since I do recall someone a while back who basically ran god-mode mods and bragged about beating so much on the hardest difficulties.

Me personally, I swear by mods, and I'm the guy who'll try to call out junked steam mods, the ZOmnibus classpack creating issues once as well as the Fallen racial mod bugging out and reversing sanity gain/loss in this last update, both of which on the Steam releases, unless someone's updated them without my knowledge.

• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.5.10 aka "It That Patches" is out!   3 weeks 6 days ago

Dear DG, have a nice day.
    i have a trouble with my mod and this event. I want to add Tileset's to modification, but i cant find .PNG files with tall Plumpkin and monsters where horror locations.

• Parasite-in-Pocket   4 weeks 1 day ago

A necklace appear in inventory like a gray unidentified 'a necklace with fangs'.
    If u want to know a magical properties - Right click on item and chose Identify. Item change to 'Fanged Collar'.
    P.S. : Item usable without Identify (Parasite Race)

--- РУС ---
    Ожерелье появится в инвентаре, как серый неопознанный предмет 'a necklace with fangs'.
    Если вы хоитте узнать магические свойства - Кликните правой кнопкой мыши по предмету и выберите Identify. Предмет изменится на 'Fanged Collar'.
    P.S.: Предмет используемый и без идентификации (Раса Parasite)

• Adjustable Levelup   4 weeks 4 days ago

Wouldn't mind an update myself.

• Parasite-in-Pocket   4 weeks 5 days ago

Deliting 26+ Mb scam
    now work correctly.. again...

---- РУС ---
    - Удалено 26+ Мб мусора
    Снова работает стабильно....

• Embers With All Races   5 weeks 3 days ago

I keep forgetting to do it. Maybe I'll remember now. Thanks, me.

• Embers With All Races   5 weeks 3 days ago

Any reason you've not yet added your newest races, Sholtar and Vor'tep?

• Embers Races for Maj'Eyal Campaign (Last Hope Start)   5 weeks 3 days ago

In this version the races from EoR (orc, yeti, whitehoof) will start in the town of Last Hope. In the original race port they start in Trollmire.

• Embers Races for Maj'Eyal Campaign (Last Hope Start)   5 weeks 5 days ago

What is the difference between your version and Zeranamu original version?

• Player GAI   5 weeks 5 days ago

If you need to contact me please post on Steam in the workshop entry. I'm active on Steam but almost never come here.
    The workshop entry for this mod is located here

• Player GAI   5 weeks 5 days ago

The workshop entry for this mod is located here

• Skirmisher Buffs   5 weeks 6 days ago

I have a total rework for Bombardment planned that will hopefully fix this issue by giving it more mobility, stay tuned for that~.

• Cornac Rectification   5 weeks 6 days ago

I don't understand what this addon does. Does it give Cornacs more category points? Or earlier access to generics?

• Skirmisher Buffs   5 weeks 6 days ago

I think this addresses the wrong problem. The problem with the skirmisher is not that it's a weak class. The problem is that while it works well enough at low to middle levels, it now - after last Archer update - lacks a distinct flavor AND it has about nothing to do at high levels. So - while shield wall is a strong talent which helps - we would need some distinct high-level talent(s) much more. What it should probably play like is something like Temporal Warden with hiis constant mobility and switching of weapon sets... I seem to remember that some mods use talents working like such...

• I didn't know this had a blog   6 weeks 9 hours ago

some people read these, but community has pretty much enough with forum/discord/tomechat.

There is also steam forums, gog forums, /rlg/ and reddit if you really wanted some place else to write about ToME

i never had a problem typing here though, seems to be on your end

• Customized Xorn Race   6 weeks 3 days ago

You're an idiot. Everybody else ignore this comment.

• Mage Knight   6 weeks 5 days ago

There's a conflict with the draconian race addon due to both of them containing the name "earthen body"

• Draconian (Fork)   6 weeks 5 days ago

There's a conflict with another addon called "mageknight class" or something like that, it has to do with both addons containing an ability with the name "earthen body" figured I'd put that out there just so you know.