• Class: Hekatonkheire   48 min 3 sec ago

This is a great addon with great themes and resource system.

Both the Hekatonkheire and Argosines are great fun. Classes that have good flavor as they are Titans of Destruction.
    Except the resource system, the talents with their abilities and icons are custom made. You will not found these abilities in the base game.

Check out the other addons of the creator.. they are also great fun to play.

Recommended

• Faetouched Collection v1.2.0   23 hours 18 min ago

You will notice at the start that this addon was made with alot of love and care. You will notice the different talent trees, icons, resource system, starting area etc. Alot of time and effort was invested into the design and implementation.
    If you like to have something different, can take alittle bit of randomness (like chickens that spawn and attack you), then this is the addon for you.

I do not think it is suitable for a beginner, but suitable for an advanced player. The new resource Caprise with its random effects, rise and fall can take alot of use to.

Also the difficulty of the area of Queens Gambit, is ok.. not too easy. However the end boss is quite difficult. She is very hard to kill. So you need to rely on some tricks and some luck. It is fine if you play as a Charmed (,because you can escape), but as a Moonchild you will lose a life. I will put more feedback in the discussions.

• Automatic Talent Gambits (Improved)   4 days 20 hours ago

I think this broke the game. I did the following:

- Create a Call of the Crypt gambit with the target as Nearest Ally.
    - Create a Dread gambit with the target as Self.
    - Create a Dig gambit with the target as Self.
    - Remove the gambit from Dig.

The result is that ANY targeting talent just gets autocast. Once I reloaded the game, it turns into an error. The log complains about Zomnibus, but it's probably just because it has a lower weight.

• Swordsmaster Class   1 week 4 days ago

Surgical strike adds an interfered debuff with skill failure as well as stunning. However, in most conditions the enemy just simply attacks and never triggers the second stage stunning, even though the failure rate exceeds 100%. So in most cases the skill can only produce extremely short stun, making itself a waste of investment

• Swordsmaster Class   1 week 5 days ago

Harring blow is powerful, but the requirement is too complicated. It is necessary only for 1 to 1 battle with a tough enemy. However, 1 to 1 battle often has no enough room to perform spring attack. And tough enemies are offen hard to hit(either having high evasion or some class power to deflect weapon attacks),making the preparing stage extremely fragile.

• Item Notes   1 week 5 days ago

Hey. Sorry, my fault, didn't see the second menu item. I bet I can delete the thread (if it's possible), because it has no sense now :)

• Item Notes   1 week 5 days ago

That's… what the addon already does. If you open the use-item dialog on an item that has a note, you should see "Edit note" and "Remove note" options. If that's not what you're seeing, let me know and I'll investigate.

• Item Notes   1 week 5 days ago

Since notes could be really huge, if you've made a single typo, then you're out of luck and have to delete and retype again. Possibly a better solution would be to show "Edit note" menu item if there's note, and if after the edit the note content is empty, then it should be considered removed.

• Quick bugfix   2 weeks 3 days ago

A certain line was not commented out in the code when it should have been, which under specific circumstances could cause a crash.

• MaDDworlDs' Buy Skills!   2 weeks 5 days ago

Super good mods. Everyone should have both. Necrotic Minions is bugged tho. Can buy it but it doesn't show (overpriced imo). Also be nice to see Master of Bones and Master of Flesh since they're actual necro skills (way better tbf).

• Heroic wights   2 weeks 5 days ago

Wights now gain a slight bonus to die_at, the same thing that heroism and blurred mortality cause.

The bonus for High Wights is larger than the bonus for Forest Wights, but in neither case is it a true replacement for heroism or blurred mortality.

• Forest Wight textfix   2 weeks 5 days ago

Updated Forest Wight text to correctly display 11 life per level.

Forest Wight and High Wight now warn the player at character creation about elemental vulnerability to blight and temporal/fire as appropriate.

Fixed some text with line breaks in odd places.

Sanitized some calculations to avoid absurd results when adding/removing racial talent levels.

• Rename tags   3 weeks 2 days ago

This add-on allows me to edit the tags rather than remove them entirely and retyping, then? I'm working on a character and won't be starting a new game yet, but if I'm correct about the function of this add-on, I'm very happy. That particular mechanic has annoyed me endlessly. Zizzo has an add-on that allows adding notes that can be edited, but those don't protect the item, so I also do the tags if I want to make sure nothing happens.

• Playable Wight Races   3 weeks 3 days ago

My fix did not quite work for all cases, so I have disallowed refunds for the talent in the latest patch.

Thanks again for communicating about this bug!

• Forest Wights   3 weeks 3 days ago

- Added Forest Wights, undead in tune with nature. They make solid spellcasters.
    - Made the High Wight and Forest Wight talents no refund, to prevent undesirable activity.
    - Tweaked Quietus a bit; it now starts with a slightly smaller radius but upgrades to a slightly larger radius in the end.

• Playable Wight Races   3 weeks 4 days ago

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear about your experience with a bug. The code should take away .7 when you remove the final talent point (and re-lock access to the tree unless you have access to it from another source.) However, clearly that is not working as intended. I will work on a fix.

• Playable Wight Races   4 weeks 19 hours ago

My daughter played a High Wight Solipsist and found an exploit:
    You get 0.7 to the feedback tree when mastering the race talent
    However you can remove a talent point, reinvest it, 0.7 more, take away, reinvest 0.7 more...

A fast solution would be to make the race points permanent, a not so fast one to fix it.

Thanks in advance Chattius

• Mr Frog VFX Pack   4 weeks 21 hours ago

Would you consider updating the 360 degree sprays like acid rune and the blood one with the great visuals you already made for the cones? It would be splendid! :)

• Quietus tweak   4 weeks 1 day ago

Quietus now removes 1 detrimental status effect when you use it.

This adds a bit of tactical nuance to its use: do you want to throw it out at the start of combat, or wait 1 round and see if you can clear an early debuff and get more enemies in range? On the other hand, if you wait you'll probably take damage and have multiple debuffs and this can only clear one. As an undead, you rely on Shatter Afflictions to purge multiple debuffs, but you most likely only have one of those.

The cooldown and cost (which are significant, to deter spamming) remain unchanged.

• Hello Eyal World!   4 weeks 2 days ago

Being open source is actually one of the best things about this game <3

• Hello Eyal World!   4 weeks 2 days ago

Thank you, guys! I'm gonna try taking some time to experiment on something, then. I have messed with LUA before, and I work on programming so I think the wall for me is mostly getting to understand the syntax needed for the addons to work, which just requires time. xD Love the talk!

• Tips for Melee Reavers   4 weeks 2 days ago

Fundamentally, I understand the Reaver to be a rogue/mage assassin-type class, which is why you deal a lot of damage but can't really take hits well. The problem with this is, as you have noticed, TOME is a survival horror game and thus the ability to take unexpected hits is crucial. You do get bone shield but that's only good for taking the occasional stray hit, not for eating full frontal combos from bosses. Once they get past your shield it's a question of whether or not you can take the hits.

It may help you to think like an assassin: nerf your enemies with hexes, pinning, and spellshock before you close in and trade blows with them. Don't pick a fair fight with anything tougher than a normal or critter ranked mob.

If you're looking to balance the "glass cannon" class out, you can try going a tanky race, like dwarf or wight (my own addon, Playable Wight Race, adds wight as a tanky undead race option.) Unless you get a really broken race, though, thinking like an assassin, isolating and debuffing your prey will still be necessary. Always have multiple escapes in case stun puts one on cooldown or you're in a teleport locked vault. Always have an emergency heal or shield rune that costs 0% of a turn to use. Always have a plan.

• Hello Eyal World!   4 weeks 2 days ago

Thanks!

Not sure if that was addressed to me or the OP or both, but I do actually have one mod: the Playable Wight Race mod, made because I didn't really feel like skeletons or ghouls truly had "tank" mechanics. (I have written about the design philosophy in greater length at my profile on the wiki.)

Thanks for the encouragement. I'll check out your work!

• Hello Eyal World!   4 weeks 2 days ago

When I started modding ToME I had only a couple of high school level computer science classes under my belt and had never heard of LUA. I certainly made some mistakes, but not knowing LUA was never a set back. There's quite a wealth of examples for most things you may want to do (talents, races,classes, items, zones, quests, etc), and if you can't find an example or still have questions, come join us on the Discord and the forums :) I was welcomed by the group of regular modders and given tons of great advice (and more than a little coding help) to get me on my way, and now I have created several addons.

I can't wait to see what you come up with! (And not just because I'm always eager for new content... but mostly ;-P )

• Quietus visual upgrade   4 weeks 3 days ago

This upgrade was actually put in pre-0.0.5 but a typo was discovered preventing it from working properly.

It should now display a clear visual effect when Quietus (racial talent in the High Wight racial tree) is used.

Since it does not burn arcane resources and cannot be placed at will, Quietus is substantially less powerful than anti-magic, but inflicting silence + the possibility of one cross-tier effect can still be situationally useful.

Enjoy!