• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.7.0 BETA6 is upon you!   2 days 9 hours ago

It really removes any reason to go there once you've unlocked the Oozemancer, unless you're a trophy addict. Ah well, my vault is overflowing as is anyway.

• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.7.0 BETA6 is upon you!   2 days 14 hours ago

R.I.P. best item farm in the game. Sad to see you go.

• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.7.0 BETA5 is upon you!   2 weeks 4 days ago

And thus after years of playing tome I've discovered that orbs in ruined dungeon is actually puzzle that means to be solved not bruteforced.

• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.7.0 BETA4 is upon you!   3 weeks 1 day ago

The extra hotbar rows will definitely be of use to separate the activatable objects from the sustains.
    CoE will also be able to fit all of its talents on the hotbar at once.
    Might be nice to set minimum hotbar icon size smaller than the current one too, so that people don't have to manually edit the config.

• Additional Boss Pack   4 weeks 3 hours ago

Excellent Addon! So far, I have found the rungolf variant and the boulder slinger (I shat bricks when I saw that sucker on Precognition, but some dirty tactics took care of that.)

One problem, though.

It ruined a pretty fun and promising run on the first serious Temporal Warden run I made. Maybe some other Addon had something to do with that also, but the log doesn't give me any reason to think so.

I hope all this text fits.

ERROR:

Game version: tome-1.6.7

Addons: savepoints-1.4.0[X!], notestoself-1.3.0[X!], unwield_hotkey-1.6.0[X], rod_dissip-1.6.0[X], orb_ruined-1.6.0[X], frost_invoker-1.6.7[X], bil_fix-1.6.0[X], hero_tooltip-1.6.0[X], dreadnecromancer-1.6.7[X], wall_clock-1.6.0[X], savefile_note-1.3.0[X!], highguard-1.6.7[X], golem_level-1.6.0[X], tactical-minimap-1.6.0[X], store_wishlist-1.6.0[X], cooldowns-1.6.0[X], gem_transmo-1.1.0[X!], whitemonk-1.6.0[X], arcanum-1.6.7[X], meteor-fix-1.6.7[X], improved-restauto-1.6.5[X], effects_z-1.6.0[X], uber_req-1.6.0[X], midnight-1.6.7[X], faster_rre-1.0.6[X!], classastromancer-1.6.0[X], compare-1.6.0[X], heartstalker_class-1.6.7[X], animist-1.6.0[X], invorder-1.3.0[X!], hiveminder_class-1.6.7[X], low_hp_popup-1.1.0[X!], moreboss-1.6.6[X], wield_replace-1.3.0[X!], verdant-1.6.7[X]

Game version (character creation): tome-1.6.7

Lua Error: engineEntity.lua:1171: data-morebossgeneral/npcs/ogre.lua:29: unexpected symbol near ‘,’

At [C]:-1

At engineMouse.lua:71 receiveMouse

At engineMouse.lua:111 delegate

At engineui/Dialog.lua:793 mouseEvent

At engineui/Dialog.lua:508 fct

At engineMouse.lua:71

• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.7.0 BETA4 is upon you!   4 weeks 1 day ago

Definitely one of the mad ones. I absolutely love the extra rows of hotkeys - something I have been wanting for ages! Would it be possible to get 3 more? No need to struggle to find keybinds for them, just having open slots on the bar would be super amazing as I could then have two neat rows that each fit my screen width.

• DLCs on Sale on Steam   4 weeks 6 days ago

Thanks for the advice!

• DLCs on Sale on Steam   4 weeks 6 days ago

Steamdb must have a pretty out-of-date sale log, then. The dlcs have been on sale about 3-4 times a year, every year, frankly for dirt cheap. And yeah, it's likely that they'll all go on sale again when 1.7 releases, which could be anywhere from a few days to a few months from now.

If you can only pick one dlc for some reason, my personal favorite is Embers of Rage. It's got some great new prodigies, items and strategies even for the base-game classes. The tinker classes it adds are all semi-OP, except the Annihilator which is 250% OP even after all its nerfs. Just be forewarned that tinker classes can show up on rares at times, and can make the early game in Maj'Eyal have even spikier difficulty until you learn how to deal with them.

• SkooBot   5 weeks 5 days ago

Man, I love your bot. So practical. The interface is so intuitive. Thanks for this!
    One question, though. What do you consider to be the difference between Sustain and Recovery?
    P.S.: I found another small issue. The bot doesn't stop for glowing chests.

• OldRPG - Overdrive - 1 of 6   6 weeks 16 hours ago

Hey thanks for the feedback. I don't really check the comments here so I just saw them a few months later lol. I probably won't make any changes now, but next time there is a large update / DLC that potentially breaks this tileset / adds new stuff I will update it with some fixes. I also have a few friends skilled at pixel art, so I might commission new tiles plus make some of my own to replace the Forbidden Cults ones plus whatever new ones are added.

• Beholder (Eye Fix)   6 weeks 2 days ago

This addon causes an error when trying to create a bladebender from the Qlass Pack addon; i.e. it's causing errors for non-beholder races from a class in a different addon.

• Swordsmaster Class   6 weeks 5 days ago

An interesting class, seems to work well. Strangely, 2h build seems to work better - partially due to needing less talents to up. Maybe there should be a build based on sswitching between 2h and double-blades as well? Didn't try mindstar variant, but think it is only useful if you go Antimagic?

• Swordsmaster Class   8 weeks 4 days ago
    Hi

Can Japanese or Chinese translation be added?

• Mage Knight   8 weeks 6 days ago

Your work on this addon is commendable! The theme and the creativity of the skills, the balanced and yet powerful talents really keeps me playing around new melee-caster chars all the time haha
    Thank you for this masterpiece!

I just don't get why mix nature damage with the water themed one (the earth is okayish) but that might be personal preference btw

It also would be amazing if you could add more archetypes like a darkness/void themed guy :O

• PVP arena   9 weeks 1 day ago

That would be incredible despite AI issues.

• Swordsmaster Class   9 weeks 1 day ago

Thanks for the feedback! I haven't been able to duplicate Vapor Blade knocking back even when it misses on my end yet, but I'll continue to look into it.

• Swordsmaster Class   9 weeks 3 days ago

This is a very fun and well-put-together class!
    I especially like Spring Attack.

A couple notes:

• Vapor Blade knocks enemies back even if the attack misses
    • Will To Live should have a cap, or better yet, be a flat (or based on player level) amount that's increased the lower your health is.
    • Lightspeed Draw needs a Fixed Cooldown. Otherwise, if you take Hidden Resources and have some way of lowering the cd, you can cast it forever, doing infinite damage instantly.
    • Spring Attack's stamina restore is kind of overkill given Tempo and Determination. Maybe it should only work if you're using a 2-hand weapon?
  • FlexSpec Respec Limitation Relaxer   9 weeks 3 days ago

There's a bug with this addon in 1.6.7 and the Adept prodigy. It goes something like:

- Get the Adept prodigy
    - Use a category point to increase a category's mastery, and you'll get a .6 improvement: The .2 is mutiplied by Adept's x3 instead of being simply added. (So if your category was 1.0, Adept increases is to 1.3, and improving the category with a point increases is to 1.9 instead of 1.5.)
    - Now remove the category improvement, which you can do with FlexSpec. I can't remember the exact result, but it decreases by .2 or something like that, so now your example category from above is at 1.7.
    - Improve the category again with the point you just removed, and once again it increases by .6, and now you're at 2.3.
    - Repeat for infinite category mastery.

I believe this bug also exists if you have already improved a category prior to taking Adept, but I can't remember how it plays out. (But it's a variation of remove category point, add it back, and repeat.)

I may have gotten the precise numbers incorrect, but if you try it out, it's pretty easy to reproduce. To verify this is a bug with FlexSpec and not T-Engine, I disabled the FlexSpec addon (via desc.lua) and didn't have this issue (both with adding a cat point post-Adept or removing it on the same screen).

• Turtles   9 weeks 6 days ago
    • bringing attention to one-of-kind, amazing addon of size and quality* Upade please!
  • Interracial Masquerade   10 weeks 5 hours ago

This addon still mostly works with 1.6, but I'll wait for 1.7 before polishing it up. I have not tested the current 1.5 version of the addon with Cults races or the shimmer packs.

(If anyone is motivated to take over this addon and maintain it, I'd be cool with that. I tend to go for long periods without playing ToME, until a new DLC comes out.)

• Beholder (Eye Fix)   10 weeks 1 day ago

My favourite addon class out there, thank you very much for making it playable up-to-date. <3

• Explanation of the localization feature for addons creators   10 weeks 3 days ago

That should work just fine :)
    And if it does not, I'll try to make it work anyway ;)

• Explanation of the localization feature for addons creators   10 weeks 4 days ago

For reference, is it possible to write an addon that provides translations for someone else's addon? I ask because a Steam user asked a few months ago for permission to release a Chinese translated version of ZOmnibus. With any luck, I'll have localization support added to ZOmnibus and all its component addons by the 1.7 release, which I'm hoping will make their job easier.

• Animist   10 weeks 4 days ago

much more interesting. Still, Undine rulezz supreme. Gnome probably needs some improvement? PArticularly, his block feels weakish - many opponents justt punsh through it... And lvl 12 power , whiile passive, feels least useful of tier-4s. Also, shouldn't lightning jump get some range increase with investment? Actually, most class skills feel perfectly good at 1 point, with no need for improvement.

• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.7.0 BETA1 is upon you!   10 weeks 6 days ago

Beta is up on Steam. You can find the code in the announcement on Steam :)