• My evaluations of all the classes   3 days 7 hours ago

That was fun to read, thanks. :)

• Automatic Talent Gambits   3 days 11 hours ago

I believe there's an action that allows gambits to continue auto exploring, so this should be possible now.

• Automatic Talent Gambits   3 days 11 hours ago

Yep, this is a feature that I've wanted to add for various reasons - you can sort of do it with gambits with things like t3/4+ enemy in sight has not been true for at least X turns with disable gambit action, but it would make things a lot easier to allow manually enabling/disabling globally, and possibly adding disable until manual re-enable as a gambit action. Just haven't gotten around to it. I'll probably put more time into this next big Tome update.

• My evaluations of all the classes   1 week 20 hours ago

I loved this article. Read the whole thing. My only comment is this: ":D"

• Inferno Race Pack   1 week 3 days ago

disregard this

• Yeeks Look Like Shalore   2 weeks 2 days ago

JustUS A HEAD-S-UP.

• Yeeks Look Like Shalore   2 weeks 2 days ago

In that case why worry about graphics and bling?

• astralInferno's Celestial Oddities   2 weeks 5 days ago

Icy Retaliation was sending out asterisks instead of ice_shards.png, so I had a look around in blizzard.lua and saw ddisplay={particle="arrow", particle_args={tile="particles_images/ice_shards"}

Removed that extra "d" and it works fine now

• Japanese Addon Plus Tlanslation   3 weeks 1 day ago

2233

• Japanese Addon Plus Tlanslation   3 weeks 1 day ago

223333

• Japanese Addon Plus Tlanslation   3 weeks 1 day ago

223333

• Auto Talent Assistant   3 weeks 3 days ago

It worked for a while, but now I have some bug which is making me unable to use any talents with a target. The error says something about a nil value in function useAutoTalent. This happens even when auto use is turned off.

• Tips for Melee Reavers   3 weeks 5 days ago

There are quite a lot of guides or at least tips on the forums but most of them are outdated. There's a couple of threads on Reavers, you could take a look there.

If you're looking for basic info I can definitely recommend Cathbald's guide series: https://forums.te4.org/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=48659 (although the one on prodigies is outdated lol).

The thing that's really missing is like a basic guide on how to build a character, what stats and effects on gear are important early for different characters, prioritising early skilling etc. The details of this are too intricate to illustrate it all in a guide (too many classes) but I can definitely see a general guidelines for newbies being helpful!

I do suggest that if someone is writing a guide for a class but doesn't link to a winning character of theirs on Insane difficulty, don't take their advice. That sounds super elitist but there's just a lot of advice around which is either bad or simply wrong. (for example, Curse of Death only prevents regeneration, not all healing... much love <3)

• HI   3 weeks 5 days ago
    Hi

Hi

• Tips for Melee Reavers   3 weeks 5 days ago

Heavy Armor is never wrong. you can argue when you have talents like trained reflexes (where you cant use it if you have anything heavier then leather in your Body slot) but even with it it is still debatable. With Mage Classes it is often better to go bulky and take the fatigue instead of being squishy with a Robe. also Reavers have access to Bone Shield so thats a huge defensive upgrade you should get asap. +Health on Items is the most important stats in the first 15-20 levels so you should look out for that too. And i dont know if you are aware of how Armor+Hardyness works but basically you should never exceed your Armor Hardiness with your Armor or it gets wasted. if you have 50% Hardiness it doesnt mean anything unless you have the coupled armor to go with it and having 100 armor but 0% hardiness is just 100 armor wasted. always have both on the same level. Also the game checks which armor you have equpped on the Body slot so you can have all your gear with heavy armor but if you have cloth equipped as a bodyslot it doesnt count as heavy and vice versa. keep that in mind.

• Item Description filter   3 weeks 6 days ago

This addon is really nice! But there's one game-breaking bug with it.

Set the addon to remove any number of stats that is relevant on a staff you have in your inventory.

Equip the staff. Then, click on the staff on your character to unequip it.

Your character's stats will PERMANENTLY INCREASE by the amount of stats on the staff that this addon is hiding.

Considering the fact that this bug only happens with staves, I believe it has to do with the automatic changing of the staff's changes damage stat, though it happens regardless of whether that is disabled or not.

EDIT: More info on how the bug works, I can get it to work by opening my inventory, hovering over the staff so the tooltip shows up, closing my inventory without showing any other tooltip, swapping to my off hand set, and then swapping back to get the permanent buff to my stats.

• MaDDworlDs' Buy Skills!   4 weeks 3 days ago

Let me know if any thing is busted! I'm glad to fix it!

• MaDDworlDs' Money Sink!   4 weeks 3 days ago

Let me know if there are any problems! Love this game! Also, this is my 1st time ever making a mod for ToME.

• Tips for Melee Reavers   4 weeks 5 days ago

Looking into game log usually helps a lot (you can see a little of it on character page you linked):

--Sharon The Peacebringer the level 22 ogre reaver was darkened to death by Faanfer the giant on >>>level 1 of Ambush!<<<.
    If Ambush means you're attacked by patrol on world map - you should generally avoid those - they can sometimes get very hard as you'll be fightning multiple rare+ enemies.

--Sharon The Peacebringer killed Fagaga the human!
    --Something hits Sharon The Peacebringer for (42 absorbed), 0 cold (0 total damage).
    --Something hits Sharon The Peacebringer for (29 absorbed), 0 cold (0 total damage).
    --Faanfer the giant hits Sharon The Peacebringer for (29 absorbed), 0 cold, (89 absorbed), 29 cold (29 total damage).
    --Faanfer the giant hits Sharon The Peacebringer for 36 cold, 113 darkness (149 total damage).
    The last visible message of your action in the log was you killing one of the rares. Then you're attacked 4 times before you got killed, by something invisible and anothere rare+ enemy. My guess is that you're slowed. Ideally, you'd like to fight dangerous enemies 1 by 1 whenever possible.

You should always have some cleansing inscriptions to remove detrimental status effects.
    You had Curse of death on you which negates all healing you recieve. If you were using heals during this time you're wasting turns.
    I suggest maxing Ruin pretty early - it's quite nice sustain. Bone Shield is also pretty good defensive sustain.

• No Patrols   4 weeks 5 days ago

Thank you for your reporting.
    I'm sorry for ruining the run.
    I reproduced the bug. I see what is causing the error.
    But I have no idea how to avoid it.
    I'll fix it if I come up with a good way.

• Gemblade   5 weeks 3 days ago

This breaks Attune Mindstar for me; when activated, it throws up an error and doesn't go on cooldown or swap mindstar damage types

Edit: I found and deleted the "little hack so Attune Mindstar stops screaming" at superload/mod/class/interface/Combat.lua, and everything seems to work fine on Gemblade and with Attune Mindstar. I don't know jack about LUA so it probably breaks something somewhere, but I dunno it's whatever

• Reroll and Merchant   5 weeks 4 days ago

Your description makes it seem like you can reroll merchants wares as well as reroll something else to do with items but reading through the mods code it looks like it just allows you to do something with the kidnapped merchant.

• Tips for Melee Reavers   5 weeks 6 days ago

Have you checked the ToME forum yet? There might be some tips/hints/clues/whatnots you could use to make your character stronger and/or survive longer. You don't even need to create a forum account just to read all the threads there. :)

You can find the link to the forum at the menu on the left or the top of this page.

• Tips for Melee Reavers   5 weeks 6 days ago

I'm no expert but I've beaten the game many times on normal roguelike mode. I always put my stat points all into my two primarily needed stats (Strength and Magic in your case). Then, when I hit level 16, I start putting every point into Constitution until it's maxed. Then, I go back to building up the other 2. I'd bet the consensus says there's a better way to do it but it works for me. The HP helps.

• Web APIs to browse the vault are now available!   6 weeks 1 day ago