• Revamped Alchemist   4 days 7 hours ago

I like these changes overall. They make alchemist a lot less fiddly. While you lose a little immersion from not switching damage types entirely and having various special effects as part of that, it's so much smoother to play.

I have one thing I'm unsure or dislike about it though, and also a suggestion:

Fire damage, as fire burn type, doesn't do all of its damage in one go. Instead, it does about 75%? in the first hit and then spreads the rest over three turns. This seems to make it just worse than the other two you can choose to start with.

If Alchemist had something that synergized well with burning, that would probably be fine - but it has nothing, indeed, Smoke Cloud arguably has a strongly negative synergy with tiny amounts of burning damage like this.

Edit: It appears the fire burn also removes the daze from everything hit by the aluminium bomb fuel as well.

Perhaps the fire infusion should just deal the fire damage immediately? If not, should it do slightly more damage overall to make up for this?

Either way - is it possible to easily change Smoke Cloud to not evaporate when something burns inside it, but instead evaporate when a bomb (ideally a bomb doing fire type damage) is exploded inside it, and inflict heavy burning on everything? That would allow fire specced alchemists to still do burning damage, give Smoke Cloud a reason to be good when you're fire type instead of almost always being wasted on extending a trivial amount of burn, and make it easier to use.

• Characters not updating on online profile?   6 days 17 hours ago

I have noticed that when I have slow connection to internet game is not updating my characters and is logging me out of Steam inside game even I was logged in before loading save or starting new game. When I restart ToME, game logs me to this platform automatically as intended. How can I fix that?

• New game by Purequestion: Monolith!   1 week 3 days ago

A bullet hell in a closed room ? sounds juicy ! :p

• Extra Dungeons   1 week 3 days ago

Hi Waladil!
    So, during various runs I noticed that the ApM was not spawing, so I did a little Addons restart and figure it out why, it looks like Extra Dungeons was somehow messing with him.
    Just a heads up (could also be an Addon incompatibility but I dont think so).

Edit: Okay! Scratch that, it looks like its fixed on the newer version. Sorry for wating your time :P

• Extra Dungeons Fixed   1 week 5 days ago

Yeah, that would be nice. I've never played the Guaranteed Zones mod, just the original Extra Dungeons (which has apparently just been updated, though the creator hasn't specified what was changed) and this one. Honestly, ever since I did the unlock, I'd completely forgotten about this particular zone.

• Extra Dungeons Fixed   1 week 5 days ago

But Guaranteed Zones doesn't make Yeek and Dwarf areas available. It would be nice if one addon provided all the extra zones.

• Extra Dungeons Fixed   1 week 5 days ago

Would we expect it to show up every time? The...dammit, I know the name...the solipsist dungeon...the Caldera?...does show up despite being random, but it doesn't require an encounter. Maybe this mod would have to go into an entirely different part of the code to guarantee that encounter before creating the dungeon. Outside of the Far East, I can't think of any other random ones that require a special encounter first.

• Extra Dungeons Fixed   1 week 5 days ago

In the previous version of Extra Dungeons, it's not guaranteed to get the Director Hompalan boss in the Ruined Halfling Complex, so the Old Conclave Vault is not guaranteed, unless you use Shalore.

• Extra Dungeons Fixed   2 weeks 10 hours ago

Once I get home and test it out, I'll be rating this add-on as a much welcomed update. Thanks from me too.

Edit: Yep.

• Extra Dungeons Fixed   2 weeks 1 day ago

He definitely shows up now, so that must have been the fix. Thanks for doing that Dienes!

• Extra Dungeons Fixed   2 weeks 1 day ago

I stopped using it because of the loss of the apprentice mage in the latest update of ToME, but that's the only problem I know about. If that's what is fixed, I'll definitely start using it again. I miss taking on all the available dungeons in my never-ending quest to just wipe all monsters from the face of Maj'Eyal. It's a hobby.

• New game by Purequestion: Monolith!   2 weeks 6 days ago

Looks awesome, can't wait to try it out :)

• Additional Randart Properties   3 weeks 2 days ago

Update your version. The all egos have already been fixed.
    I've tested (and used in real games) all four forms of talent on hit, they've always worked. For "talent when this weapon hits", just hit things with the weapon. "Talent on hit (spell)" requires that you deal greater-than-0 damage with a spell talent, such as Lightning or Thunderstorm or Channel Staff. "Talent on hit (mindpower)" requires that you deal greater-than-0 damage with a mindpower, such as Mind Sear or Slime Spit. "Talent on hit (nature)" requires that you deal greater-than-0 damage with a nature gift, such as Slime Spit.
    Remember that a 5% chance is not a large chance. It may take many instances of damage before you get a talent on hit to trigger.

I'm not going to undo the die_at nerf and I'm certainly not going to special case possessor or any other class. If anything, there will be *more* nerfs in the future.

• Additional Randart Properties   3 weeks 2 days ago

I haven't been able to get the "talent on hit" to ever ever work. Is it a talent on me hitting the enemy or the enemy hitting me? I've noticed no changes in the game log to indicate it ever procing.

I believe the same applies to life leech as well. The only time when it actually ever worked was when this one fused with a mindstar that already has inherent life leech on it, giving me "40% life leech chance" but resulting in near 100% chance.

I've been using this for about ... 50 days now, and have done light testing (about 100 or so randarts of varying numbers of egos and lvl) recently and have not been able to see any of the ALL egos (exception to res all on weapons, which did already appear before I started using this addon) and the flat damage negation.

Also, die at -x life is now a relevant stat for possessor. Perhaps have it be always die at -x life for whenever someone loads up a possessor class?

• Convenient Digging   3 weeks 2 days ago
    YAY

This is exactly what I've wanted! An easier way to dig long distances instead of having to do that tedious activation and choose square all the time.

• First time playing ToME, interesting, confusing, fun.   3 weeks 3 days ago

One thing I occacionally do is do the first zones of the first area, then go to a second area and do the first zones of that, and then go back for the first area.

So for example, doing Trollmire 1-3, then Kor'Pul 1-2, then Trollmire 4, then Kor-Pul 3.

That way the bosses will be slightly easier to deal with. Also, learning when to trigger healing and shields is critical to survival.

It is a quite complex game with a fairly high bar of entry, but once you figure out the basics it's great fun. Also, losing and starting over is part of this kind of game - don't feel as if you have failed at the game, think of it as having learnt another lesson!

• Harbinger   3 weeks 6 days ago

I'm not sure if it's still that loud, maybe a bit less possibly, but i think it's mostly the choice of that thunder clap sound for this proc that makes it boring fast.
    The reason is its loud by itself and once you get synergies like the heal on crit/death, the sound triggers on every single mob. It's thunder clap after thunder clap after thunder clap, all fights long.
    That's why i suggested another sound for this proc that triggers so often.

• Harbinger   4 weeks 2 days ago

The path to it is overload/data/sounds/talents/storm_conduit.ogg . Replacing that file will work, however it will cause the addon to fail md5 hash validation, so your game won't be valid online.
    There was a bug allowing Storm Conduit to trigger recursively if you had life leech or a similar effect, which would have resulted in the sound appearing extremely loud (due to playing over itself). Is it still too loud now that this is fixed?

• Harbinger   4 weeks 2 days ago

Hiya. I love the idea of this class, even if you mostly just run around bumping things (early game at least). Anyhow, it's been an interesting game so far.

So, I thought I had Channel Cold firing one beam at every enemy I could see, rather than just the one that I was bumping. I have Arc and was pretty sure that at least some folks being hit by Channel Cold weren't touching (so Arc shouldn't have melee attacked them). However, I tried it again and it seems to be behaving as expected now. I'll edit this again if I can get it to behave badly again.

I still do kinda think a free 10-range slowing beam with every melee attack feels kinda powerful even if the damage is sorta modest, and it's more so when every enemy touching the guy you bump also gets hit with its own beam.

Also might be a good idea to make Cyclone a free sustain. Since you can't turn it off, I don't think you can avoid hitting, for instance, the slaves in the yeek hidden compound. Might be working as intended due to the way the class's background is written, though. Having a few abilities be sustains would make the class a little more vulnerable to Entropy and disabling effects like that, which might not be what you want for the class. I dunno.

Anyhow, things are pretty neat so far. Keep doing good work.

• First time playing ToME, interesting, confusing, fun.   4 weeks 2 days ago
  • Harbinger   4 weeks 3 days ago

I like the class so far, good job.
    Tho i must say the Storm Conduit proc sound is way too loud imo, and having that sound each time you kill a mob is getting boring fast. Even more when facing large packs.
    A simple lightning crackle, or a sparkle sound would be more enjoyable on the long run.

Is there a way to replace that sound myself, by another one ? I can't find the data/sound folder.

• Tweaked Arcane Aether   4 weeks 5 days ago

I'm finding that the tinker rare banning doesn't seem to be working (whether or not the ban is active when the game is started), or at least I don't understand the mechanism. Not sure about oozemancer banning.

• The infamous Wilhelm scream mod   5 weeks 1 day ago

Updated. No longer 'Online profile disabled (switching to offline profile) due to invalid addon hash (mod-name)' message yet

• Better Sounds Mod   5 weeks 1 day ago