• Playable Naloren Race   10 weeks 5 days ago

Any chance this might get an update to the current paradigm of EXP penalties in TE4, i.e., probably halved?

• Grove Keeper   10 weeks 5 days ago

No problem. The class looks really fun to play, so I'm happy to give helpful reports, lol

• Grove Keeper   10 weeks 5 days ago

This one looks like it's my fault. I recently reworked how the Bark Guard visual is applied/removed and it looks like I didn't test thoroughly enough. I'll take a look as soon as I can and should be able to sort it out pretty quickly.

Thanks again for your report :)

• Grove Keeper   10 weeks 6 days ago

Turning everything off had it work fine (at least with the issues I was having); the mod in question seemed to be Beholder (Eye Fix), which... Eh. If you want to contact the mod author to figure out what's up, feel free, but it's sort of a separate experience mod from what I've experienced playing with it.

That being said, once I had it working again... Well, I didn't get to play around that much without it working prior, but getting a little deeper into a playthrough (Lv6 or so), I encountered another set of errors. The trigger for these appeared to be having the... er. Barkskin? Bark-something shield up and taking enough damage to bring it down to 0. They'd only crop up after that happened, occurred when attempting to target enemies with abilities, at least one time when getting hit again, and at least one time when attempting to attack an enemy with a sling. The abilities and the like would actually trigger; it'd just complain. Once the shield had a chance to replenish, even just a little, the errors wouldn't occur until it had been depleted again.

This would occur for targeting things...

Lua Error: /engine/interface/GameTargeting.lua:137: /engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:164: /hooks/grovekeeper/load.lua:59: attempt to call method 'updateModableTile' (a nil value)
    stack traceback:
    	/hooks/grovekeeper/load.lua:59: in function </hooks/grovekeeper/load.lua:37>
    	[string "return function(l, self, data) local ok=false..."]:1: in function 'triggerHook'
    	/data/damage_types.lua:520: in function 'defaultProjector'
    	/data/damage_types.lua:865: in function 'projector'
    	data-grovekeeper/damage_types.lua:88: in function 'projector'
    	/engine/interface/ActorProject.lua:259: in function 'project'
    	/data-grovekeeper/effects/mental.lua:182: in function 'on_merge'
    	/engine/interface/ActorTemporaryEffects.lua:134: in function 'setEffect'
    	/data-grovekeeper/effects/mental.lua:167: in function 'callEffect'
    	/mod/class/Actor.lua:6101: in function 'cb'
    	/data/damage_types.lua:523: in function 'projector'
    	data-grovekeeper/damage_types.lua:196: in function 'projector'
    	/engine/interface/ActorProject.lua:259: in function 'project'
    	/data-grovekeeper/talents/gifts/symbiosis.lua:107: in function </data-grovekeeper/talents/gifts/symbiosis.lua:102>
    	[C]: in function 'xpcall'
    	/engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:162: in function </engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:151>
      At [C]:-1
      At [C]:-1 error
      At /engine/interface/GameTargeting.lua:137 fct
      At /engine/interface/GameTargeting.lua:143 targetMode
      At /engine/interface/GameTargeting.lua:280 targetMouse
      At /mod/class/Game.lua:2530 fct
      At /engine/Mouse.lua:71

And this would occur in other cases.

Lua Error: /hooks/grovekeeper/load.lua:59: attempt to call method 'updateModableTile' (a nil value)
      At [C]:-1 updateModableTile
      At /hooks/grovekeeper/load.lua:59
      At [string "return function(l, self, data) local ok=false..."]:1 triggerHook
      At /data/damage_types.lua:520 defaultProjector
      At /data/damage_types.lua:865 projector
      At /data/damage_types.lua:2944 projector
      At /engine/Map.lua:1265 processEffects
      At /mod/class/Game.lua:1757 onTurn
      At /engine/GameEnergyBased.lua:90 tick
      At /engine/GameTurnBased.lua:51 tick
      At /mod/class/Game.lua:1534

Not sure if this is also due to a mod, but just thought I'd mention it.

• Solar Gun Weapons   10 weeks 6 days ago

Not particularly bad, not very good. Problems are many talents seems to lack level requirements, there are no advanced talents to explore at high levels, light weight and greater rannge of the guns seem overpowered, there are no actual reason to get more than 1-2 Lens talents, so you could just make it 1 talent similar to the staff one. This is just from one run. Plus, some talents look useless leading to probably just one working build being complete at level 20 or about it.

• Arcanum Class Pack   11 weeks 2 hours ago

Do you plan to eventually updating the 'Tempus Fugit' (anarchist class) add-on? I liked it but it felt somewhat unfinished.

• Grove Keeper   11 weeks 11 hours ago

Your forum post might not show for a while if it's your first. This is an odd error, but I have seen it crop up before. It was do to a conflict with another add-on in each case, and though I haven't seen a report of it before with Grove Keeper, I'm fairly sure that's the case here as well. I was working on this class earlier today and had no issues. You could test pretty quickly by trying a run with other add-ons turned off. If that doesn't resolve the issue, please let me know. If you're able to identify which add-on is conflicting, if that is the case, I can try to see what might be causing the issue and possibly contact the creator.

Thanks for the report :)

• Grove Keeper   11 weeks 17 hours ago

Love the idea of the mod, but it threw a bunch of errors when I was trying a run with it just now. The basic spore ability refused to allow itself to be targeted with bothy keyboard and mouse, throwing errors like

Lua Error: /engine/interface/GameTargeting.lua:137: /engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:164: /engine/interface/ActorTemporaryEffects.lua:123: attempt to index local 'ed' (a nil value)
    stack traceback:
    /engine/interface/ActorTemporaryEffects.lua:123: in function 'setEffect'
    data-grovekeeper/damage_types.lua:105: in function 'projector'
    /engine/interface/ActorProject.lua:259: in function 'base_project'
    ...eholder-efix/superload/engine/interface/ActorProject.lua:17: in function 'project'
    /data-grovekeeper/talents/gifts/symbiosis.lua:54: in function
    [C]: in function 'xpcall'
    /engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:162: in function
    At [C]:-1
    At [C]:-1 error
    At /engine/interface/GameTargeting.lua:137 fct
    At /engine/interface/GameTargeting.lua:143 targetMode
    At /engine/interface/GameTargeting.lua:280 targetMouse
    At /mod/class/Game.lua:2530 fct
    At /engine/Mouse.lua:71

The only difference between it and the non-mouse version was:

At [C]:-1
    At [C]:-1 error
    At /engine/interface/GameTargeting.lua:137 fct
    At /engine/interface/GameTargeting.lua:143 targetMode
    At /engine/interface/GameTargeting.lua:212
    At /engine/KeyBind.lua:231

The shineleaf plant was another interesting oddity. It provided EXP when killed, and also threw errors (while still functioning) any time its effect pulsed while it had enemies within its radius of effect.

Lua Error: /engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:329: /engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:302: /engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:164: /engine/interface/ActorTemporaryEffects.lua:123: attempt to index local 'ed' (a nil value)
    stack traceback:
    /engine/interface/ActorTemporaryEffects.lua:123: in function 'setEffect'
    data-grovekeeper/damage_types.lua:66: in function 'projector'
    /engine/interface/ActorProject.lua:259: in function 'base_project'
    /data-grovekeeper/talents/gifts/botany.lua:193: in function
    [C]: in function 'xpcall'
    /engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:162: in function
    At /mod/class/NPC.lua:70 act
    At /engine/GameEnergyBased.lua:129 tickLevel
    At /engine/GameEnergyBased.lua:64 tick
    At /engine/GameTurnBased.lua:51 tick
    At /mod/class/Game.lua:1534

• Class: Fallen   11 weeks 1 day ago

would probably work well with mindstars - but currently only possible in Ork campaign, bying the skill for Yeti tissues. Theoretically possible in main campaign avoiding any spell skills until gathering enough money to purchase it, but too much bother.

• Class: Fallen   11 weeks 2 days ago

Wouldn't it be logical to include a couple of trees working in concert with particular weapons (2hand/wpn-n-shield/paired?). Both SunPal and Cursed have some...

• Gemblade   11 weeks 3 days ago

As I said, they occur at some randoom times. Last time it was in the middle of combat, but one of the previous ones it was while resting. I have some other mods installed, but they don't produce this in other configurations... As for Finer Energy - I seem to remember that the Slayer's TK goes with one of the class trees, while this is a generic tree. At least it looked so as I ran some 3-sword Adventurer some time ago...

• Heartstalker - Psionic Class   11 weeks 3 days ago

Probably too strong and not in a good way. In my trial run I mainly had trouble with rares of the same class. All others were no problem. In addition - the area attack available from lvl 1 - easily reached range 10+ - low cooldown - restores Psi?? Why should I need anything else?%))

• Gemblade   11 weeks 3 days ago

I'm probably not going to give the class access to Finer Energy Manipulation, since it comes with (if I recall correctly) access to Beyond the Flash (the mindslayer tk skill.)
    Lethality is in here in case you want to use daggers as your mainland weapon but not go into strength.

About the hangups, when do you get them? I've not gotten anything like that.
    If anyone else has been getting these, please tell me.

• Gemblade   11 weeks 4 days ago

Thanks. But hanged again today - this time in the middle of combat. ;)) Otherwise worked well - but these are low levels on Insane, so info is limited. At low levels at least there's enough Psi as my girl just killed anything in her way faster than Psi would become a problem. At higher levels this may not be the case -soo I'd probably add that MS tree where you can consume gems for Psi gain. Maybe even as locked as it isn't much needed at lower levels anyway. Also, I'd say that you don't need - at lower levels, again - to unlock as many trees as possible as this class. Getting a couple of solid attacks leveled up works well. And also - I didn't take Lethality at all and didn't feel the need to. Forgot to ask last time - what are the reason for it's inclusion?

• Gemblade   11 weeks 4 days ago

Thanks for the feedback!
    I've given it some thought and decided to use psi as a resource for now.
    Please tell me how it plays - can you keep up in combat, does the class need more ways to regain psi?
    Augmented Mobility is also back (and unlocked) since the class needed more mobility, but I didn't want to drop any of the class talents.

• Gemblade   11 weeks 4 days ago

First off, why did you remove psi points? Planning to use an original power source? But psi is OK... Second off, the mod has a very persistent bug: at some point, the ToME hangs and the screen starts blinking. This was present from the first version of the mod and still remains. I don't see any rime or reason: it activated in the middle of combat as well as during the character rest. The only common theme is that it generally happens at about level 10 and I usually take Storm, Void and Sun treees. Also, you seem to remove sound from the mod in this iteration. Again, why? Also, while new shielding is nice, I think that Psi mobility was more needed as the class has some closers, but no way to escape combat. Otherwise, not bad. And thanks for adding graphics for an active gemblade in this patch.

• Gemblade   11 weeks 5 days ago

I love this class concept, very excited to try it when it's balanced and patched up.

• Class: Fallen   11 weeks 5 days ago

The uber-regeneration sustain seems too much more useful than aalternatives. And when fighting serious opponents I don't think it makes sense to replace it with shielding, even less so with eextra actions on kill. Though the stun/conf resiistance make higher abilities of this tree also useful - but not at their proposed use. All in all, this is the strongest tree of the class, maaybe even above locked ones.

• Adjustable Levelup   11 weeks 6 days ago

Just wondering if its compatible with latest patch

• Bristlebarb   11 weeks 6 days ago

Cool

• The Pikataclysm is upon us! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!   12 weeks 32 min ago

Much best event

• The Pikataclysm is upon us! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!   12 weeks 8 hours ago

Best event

• Proper Possession Plus   12 weeks 15 hours ago

The game uses a lot more memory with this addon running (while playing a possessor, of course), than without. Might be some interaction between it and another of my mods, as there's quite a few, but I actually had an error get thrown on a earlier playthrough from the game complaining about being out of workable memory. Not sure what if anything might be causing it in this, but it's specifically when actually using this addon that these issues crop up - having it running and not playing a possessor doesn't cause any memory issues at all.

• Class: Fallen   12 weeks 2 days ago

Turns out that it's caused by the Umbral Razor that Subject Z was wielding.
    Umbral Razor inflicts Shadow Cut. I didn't realize this at the time, but Shadow Cut is the only bleed effect that doesn't have a 'power', which caused an error when Bloodstained talents tried to reduce its damage to you. That broke the Shadow Cut effect and caused it to stick around forever.
    Thanks for providing such a clean explanation.

• Class: Fallen   12 weeks 4 days ago

While fighting subject Z, my character got a 'Shadow Cut' negative effect while my 'Self-Destruction' and 'Shared Agony' is active. Then the 'Shadow Cut' turn counter drop to 0, instead of going away, it keep going down -1 turn every turn (the tooltip reads -160 turns left) I'm not sure what caused it. It cannot be removed in any way, not even by dying. You can no longer go to the world map due to having a negative effect. You can check my character here: https: //te4.org/characters/255330/tome/26183c23-57de-49db-92dc-a24ed0229aea