• Spell Blade Class   9 weeks 19 hours ago

Is that so? That may explain it. Wouldn't surprise me if I've hit that high.
    Thanks for the info!

• Spell Blade Class   9 weeks 1 day ago

The class looks nice, but there is one rather interesting bug.
    Basically, if you activate Ice Shield while you already have a shield equipped, and the total block talent level given by the equipped shield and Ice Shield exceeds 5, the game shaves it back down to 5. However, this artificial reduction isn't known to Ice Shield, and so, when you deactivate Ice Shield, you lose levels in Block until you unequip and reequip your offhand shield.

• Razakai's Reworks   9 weeks 2 days ago

The mod class feels too strong and too bland. From medium levels I just clicked everything to death (IDungeon, Nightmare). One reason I see is abscence of actual new mechanics, another one is that low numbers of Generic talents makes their choice a no-brainer.. :( Plus, the words that this character 'pays no mind to defence' are a blatant lie - he can eeasily max Heavy armor and wear any plates, which, together with boost to regen and Iron Skin makes the class completely uninteresting.

• Spell Blade Class   9 weeks 2 days ago

Is it possible you've reached > 99 add-ons in your add-on folder? I've heard that will crash the game on load. I know at least one other person tried this add-on without a crash on load.

• Spell Blade Class   9 weeks 2 days ago

Don't know if it's just me, but whenever I try to start a new game, I select T.o.M.E. as normal, and then, instead of loading to go to the character creation screen... "Tales of Maj'Eyal has stopped working". Is this a problem everyone's getting? Or just the guy who collects addons?

• Razakai's Reworks   9 weeks 5 days ago

The forum thread has a more detailed description, which I'll copy into here.

• Razakai's Reworks   9 weeks 6 days ago

Could we please get a list/description of all the changes in these addons, or at least the classes changed? That would be simpler to check than loading each class with and without the addon to see what is different

• Today is the 9th Anniversary of Tales of Maj'Eyal first line of code!   10 weeks 3 days ago

I still playing, watching for every addon and dreaming about Android version of TOME

• Today is the 9th Anniversary of Tales of Maj'Eyal first line of code!   12 weeks 3 days ago

I see that this game is celebrating nine years of existence, but I'm one of the newer players. I've only had this game for less than half a year. I've only got 87 measly hours. I'm only on my 6th character in the main mode. I've only beaten the full arena once on normal difficulty. When I see this, I ask myself what I'm going to do next. The answer is easy: I'm going to play my 6th character, a Dwarven Barbarian, cliche I know but I love him, until he either dies for good or finally nets me a win in this game. I look at this game's milestone, and I only hope that I still enjoy it when I have ten times as many hours on it just as much as I do now. It's a great game that I wasn't expecting to be so great. Cheers to nine years of life ToME. May your character deaths be fair, and may your victories be celebrated.

• Today is the 9th Anniversary of Tales of Maj'Eyal first line of code!   12 weeks 4 days ago

I, an old man with ailments of age, still remember when I tried first versions of the aberration of an roguelike like TOME4, when it first came out.

A few dungeons, and the impossibility of killing even the easiest of (nowadays) bosses in a T1 area :)
    Man it was hard. A few subsequent updates later, still rather raw, and oh so hard.

Still, for some reason, I came back every now and then. Died a lot, and still came back.

Now, after quite a few wins, and quite a few more deaths later... been quite simply the most time consuming game I've ever played. The replayability with difficulties, classes, and weird addons gives always a fresh and unique flavor to the game.

Got to hand it to you Darkgod, even if the tears of players revitalises your coding skills and general well being, the fact, that I've not touched (maybe slightly tickled once or twice) another roguelike after TOME4, is a testament of your legacy on the annals of gaming.

(oh and the ailments of age, 40+ of age, just lazy probably, that's why I'm hurting sometimes I suppose)

Keep on going, you have quite a loyal fanbase to keep you company!

p.s. Fanbase: do donate. Even if Darkgod doesn't need mortal sustenance, I'm sure his family appreciates it ;)

tome4 is the best game

Thank you darkgod, for this sweet game.
    I also finally bought the Forbidden Cults too.
    Keep on keeping on man.

• Today is the 9th Anniversary of Tales of Maj'Eyal first line of code!   12 weeks 5 days ago

You are real inspiration!

This is my favourite roguelike by far, and the world you have created is fantastic. I'm glad you're still enjoying creating new content for it :D

100/10 I eagerly await the future of Eyal!

• Today is the 9th Anniversary of Tales of Maj'Eyal first line of code!   13 weeks 18 hours ago

Thank you for making this wonderful game, I can't believe I have hundreds of hours logged into it :)

• Today is the 9th Anniversary of Tales of Maj'Eyal first line of code!   13 weeks 1 day ago

I've played and loved roguelikes for a long time, starting with the likes of Moria on Amiga way back in the day. *angbands used to boe my favorites, so when I first tried ToME2 I was instantly in love. ToME4 took a bit more time to get into, at first I strongly disliked the move away from Tolkien, but along the way my heart changed and have for a long time now thought that the decision was absolutely correct, and what we have now is by far the best roguelike, ever.

Thanks for the what must be thousands of hours wast^Z well spent playing your games! <3

This game is an amazing piece of work with a lot of contributors and a lovely community. As a faithful minion who has sunk whole weeks of time into this game, I don't think I can even begin to explain how awesome I feel it is. And it all started such mundanely! Heh. All praise DarkGod! :3

Didnt know that one of my favourite games has the same "birthday" as me. Super interesting to see the early WiP, and the way it came along. Im exited how ToME will end up in 5 years from now. Keep the good work up, Lord Dark God

I'm new to this game myself, maybe about 2 months or so. And it is such an enticing game. What a story background for a game. So glad I found this game, and thank you for posting the tid-bits of history - it only makes TOME that much more attractive.

While I knew much of the history it is awesome to get insights into the thinking behind the history. Thanks for sharing and happy 9th Anniversary.

Thanks for sharing this. It's hard to believe that it's been this long. This is definitely your labor of love.

Gratz!

was there for angband, was there for pernangband, was there for tome 2.x, 3.x, 4x. and now TOME. Met (online) lord bucket, was raised on dimwitt.

All this stuff is a bunch of 0 and 1's, but i feel in a way proud due to this journey.

All hail DG.