• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.6 "A Late Delivery from Avalon" is released!   6 weeks 3 hours ago

TOME can be enjoyed for years without spending a penny.

Darkgod invested a decade into developing the game into what it is today. Due to the economic realities of modern life and to continue future development of TOME the following revenue streams were implemented:

• Donations - Players are able to donate cash and get donor status benefits
    • DLC Expansion Packs - Three DLC's were released which expand the game with new races, classes and areas to play.
    • Micro Transactions consisting of Shimmer Packs (Cosmetic items only) and community events that can be activated once purchased.

DLC Packs:
    Forbidden Cults - 70 coins
    Embers of Rage - 70 coins
    Ashes of Urh-Rok - 40 coins

Shimmer cosmetic packs (3 x 20) - 60 coins

Total coins = 240 at €1 per 10 coins = 24 Euros

Total cost of TOME with all DLC = 24 Euros.

Compare this with recent AAA titles that sell for multiple times that amount, which also brings out DLC and 'random' card packs for additional purchase.

TOME is also a niche gaming genre and will not sell in large quantities. Each purchase does make a difference and supports the developer.

Getting pissed at Darkgod for releasing a €2 cosmetic pack, which has no game play impact, seems unreasonable to me. You can still continue to play the game without making any purchases and you will have a great time.

"Everything should be unlockable just by playing the game." Everything is unlockable, except for the existing DLC pack content. The shimmer packs do not add any new items. Why should everything be free, why can't Darkgod make cosmetics for a few items and sell it for €2?

At the end of the day it's your loss by deciding not to play TOME anymore over trivial micro transactions.

• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.6 "A Late Delivery from Avalon" is released!   6 weeks 5 hours ago

This is a bit harsh in my opinion.
    The dev is not forcing anyone to buy microtransactions nor pushing them in your face. Clearly stated, they are for people who wish to support the game a bit more. A free/low cost game.
    Normally I am fervently against micro.t, but you have to consider the track record of the game and dev. I don't think this gets anywhere near the 'sell out' class of games.
    If you put yourself in the dev's shoes, this is a small way to generate revenue for your hard work. It could be way worse. I appreciate the humble way in which it is done.

Personally I would like to support the dev, not so much to get things, but because I love Tome and want it to keep going. Keep in mind everyone has to live somehow.

Hope you change your mind and come back! :)

• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.6 "A Late Delivery from Avalon" is released!   6 weeks 6 hours ago

I'm gonna be totally honest, I hate these new microtransactions and have changed my 5-year positive review to a negative.

Everything should be unlockable just by playing the game. That includes cosmetics and the option to spawn the overpowered gods to kill you. The events? Not so much, they're random and can be triggered by anyone whenever. But cosmetics/client-side effects should *always* be unlockable just by playing.

I was looking forward to unlocking all of the achievements for this, but I'll now be leaving this game for good and playing something else.

• T-Engine main addons list   6 weeks 8 hours ago

The addons folder was in the install folder(?) within the client folders, rather than User settings.
    It's all cleaned up now, thank you.

• Bonus Escorts   6 weeks 8 hours ago

As best as I can test, as of TOME 1.6 this addon hangs level creation whenever an escort is generated. Took a while to notice that I was never seeing an escort at all, and it only happened in zones where escorts could appear.

• Spell Merchants   6 weeks 20 hours ago

I've been meaning to ask, and probably should have before this update so you could consider it -- you keep the merchants safe from psychopathic players, but is there a way to make them safe from the gwel...gwleg...spinney lightning monsters during the invasion of Derth? They're pretty much useless there because the invasion starts at character level 14 and very few characters, other than maybe alchemists, gather enough gold to make much use of them before that. Perhaps make them lightning immune? I don't know whether the spinney lightning monsters do physical or lightning bump attacks (I'll have to check next time I run into one), so making them immune to physical might also be necessary. Luckily, their deaths don't interfere with the saved everyone achievement. at least. I use planning and trickery to get that achievement every time, but it's harder to do with the merchants. If I could do it with the merchants (i can, but it requires a specific mod and class), I could save them too.

One other question: do we have to start a new game to get the latest content additions -- dungeons and bosses -- or will they pop up with characters who had previously been running earlier versions of the mod?

Edit: the second question is now moot. I was going to finish up a character I was currently playing when the newest update came, but have decided to just trash it and start a new character with the current version of ToME.

• What's next for Tales of Maj'Eyal! A lot, and then some!   6 weeks 21 hours ago

• T-Engine main addons list   6 weeks 23 hours ago

You can remove them manually from your add-ons folder (search 'adddons' should locate it). If it's an add-on you got from Steam, make sure to unsubscribe as well or the game will automatically download it again the next time you start.

• EquipDoll - Clean Item Names   6 weeks 1 day ago

I hope this is still active, since I really like this addon.

• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.6 "A Late Delivery from Avalon" is released!   6 weeks 1 day ago

... well, like it did every single time since 2011 after a new ToME release. Congratulations, DarkGod!

• Pumpkin Cat Points   6 weeks 2 days ago

You've made my day :D

• CHN Addons for ToME   6 weeks 2 days ago

大佬还会更1.6吗

• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.6 "A Late Delivery from Avalon" is released!   6 weeks 2 days ago

Thank you DarkGod!

It says "Greatly revised summoner" but... they look exactly the same to me? What's changed?

I'm calling out of work.

Could you please enable this feature somehow? Steam overlay doesn't allow me to pay less than 5€, and while I want to buy the three cosmetic packs for 6€ in total, they're in different accounts of like 4€ each :(

It seems that they're only avaliable in-game.

Okay, cosmetic packs are available, but where do I find them? Does the shopkeep accept Voratun Coins?

Just one question, are you going to revise Hexes and Curses talent trees? I feel they are very underwhelming, I usually struggle where to put my generic talent points when I play corruptors. Add some passives and instant casts in there. Pweeease?

• FlexSpec Respec Limitation Relaxer   6 weeks 4 days ago

What does it do?

• Pumpkin Cat Points   7 weeks 1 day ago

Thanks! ^v^

• Faster Run/Rest/Explore   7 weeks 1 day ago

you may ask DG for it

• Autotarget Toggle Keybind   7 weeks 1 day ago

Addon will be a part of the game as of 1.6

• Pumpkin Cat Points   7 weeks 1 day ago

Nice idea for an addon! But I'm too lazy(and unskilled) to make it.