• Fix water flood rendering error   18 weeks 1 day ago

As per title. Works on 1.6.1, so far.
    Thanks.

• Overworld Tile Bug?   18 weeks 1 day ago

...so far.
    Thanks though. I'd been playing with all shaders off because of the water bug, but having them on makes effects look way cooler.

It seems like the bug only happens when a body of water appears on my screen.

• Astromancer Class   18 weeks 1 day ago

Updated to match ToM'E 1.6
    Negative Energy costs and gains adjusted across the board.
    Meteors are weaker, especially on high-level enemies.
    Celestial Convergence a little more useful with additional points.
    Bugs with Swift Arrival, Voltaic Chain, Planetary Charge's tooltips, and the Gliding Boots have been fixed.
    Summons keep their skills with the new blighted summoning.

• Better Sandworm Lair   18 weeks 1 day ago

I'm glad somebody found it useful. Honestly, I'm not longer using this addon or supporting it with updates, so feel free to do with it as you please.

ps: please excuse the month-long response time. I took a break from all things ToME until 1.6 dropped. :)

• Guaranteed Zones   18 weeks 1 day ago

It'd be nice if this was updated for 1.6.1. Knowing next to nothing about how this game's code is structured, I can't even see a reason why it should've stopped working... unless some other addon was updated and is loading after this one now. Who knows.

• Visibly Looted Stalls   18 weeks 1 day ago

What addon version are you using? For the benefit of existing games already using the addon, release 1.1.0 (v1a) should detect the recent Embers release and do nothing, to avoid breaking the newly added handling. (If it isn't, let me know and I'll try to fix it.) And yes, for new games this addon is officially deprecated and shouldn't be used with Embers 1.1.0 or later.

• Arcane Combat Mod Merge   18 weeks 2 days ago

This doesn't appear to work anymore (as of 1.6.1).

• Visibly Looted Stalls   18 weeks 2 days ago

As of 1.6.1. the game provides its own looted stalls pictures. Which also conflicts with this mod - so that looted stalls disappear completely.

• Passive Cooldowns   18 weeks 3 days ago

All afflicted curse equipment. These curses stack in level 0-5, they also have a lvl5-skill that you can activate too +2 levels on one of them. These show up in the buff/debuff column, would be nice to have their level drawn on top of the icons like Damage Shield-claues are. Category: Cursed Aura, Skill: Defiling Touch.

• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.6.1 "Techno-Annihilation" is released!   18 weeks 3 days ago

Any chance your upgrade can stop breaking OldRPG tile set? I dislike the default tile set and love that one (I would have played the game MUCH less without it, and that would have meant less money form me to you). Yet, forevermore, people have to keep upgrading OldRPG and sometimes take a long time to do so (because real life gets in the way).

And no, I dont just mean for future, new content. Your updates seem to break OldRPG for the original campaign on what feels like a regular basis.

How about just including that in the game and making sure it works? (if just coming up with one specific, non-change way to handle custom titles is never going to happen)

• Greatspears   18 weeks 4 days ago

If you continue this add-on, perhaps you could add regular spears as well. It just seems a bit odd that ToME doesn't have what is, historically, probably the most common weapon mankind has used.

(Sorry, I haven't tested this yet. I assume a greatspear is a two-handed weapon and there's an opening for one-handed spears.)

• Better Sounds Mod   18 weeks 4 days ago

That sample is only heard if your own character dies, which is the perfect rare moment when the levity is welcome. I was worried it might be triggered by too many things (like mob deaths), but it isn't. (FYI for other users)

This Better Sounds Mod is something I so sorely wanted, especially for the Jungle biome. Thanks, LeoMaven.

• Improved Auto-explore and Rest   18 weeks 4 days ago

Is that still relevant? Seems not. Post on the forum thread if so please.

• Marson's Auto-explore & Rest Tweaks   18 weeks 4 days ago

That was a fork of this, when this stopped being maintained. Just in case anyone else comes across this.

• Simplified Prodigy Requirements   18 weeks 4 days ago

You shouldn't overload the files it's evil :)
    You can just load a new talents file with your addon have a weight greater than all the others.
    And inside this file you just do:

local foo = Talents:getTalentFromId("T_FOO_UBER")
    foo.require = ...whateveryouwant...

• Obtaining Voratun Coins   18 weeks 4 days ago

Ahah yes that's the spirit ;) Die, but while well dressed ! ;)

• Obtaining Voratun Coins   18 weeks 4 days ago
    lol

Yea it's a hassle.
    I didn't really want to make a Paypal account, but I'll probably just do it at one point.
    For whatever reason the Japanese Paypal doesn't have the guest thing.

Anyways, thanks for the help. I'll eventually grab some more skins so I can look cooler dying over and over again.

• Obtaining Voratun Coins   18 weeks 4 days ago

That seems a bit ... ugh ...
    Can't you just use patreon or paypal on te4.org and be done with it? That's can't be more convoluted than what you describe with GOG :/

• Obtaining Voratun Coins   18 weeks 4 days ago

So it turns out the only way to receive another Serial Key is to make a whole new GOG account so I can activate the second copy of the DLC.

I could potentially give the DLC away and just hope they send me the Serial Key without redeeming it themselves?

• Starting prodigy   18 weeks 4 days ago

I love this mod. Allows me to pick one prod early for ease of life, strength or gem imbueing usualy. Would love to see this updated. Still works too.Does need an update. Thankyou.

• Faerie Race   18 weeks 4 days ago

Fey luck conflicts with the new Inner Power so when something happens that triggers both then they will both trigger one overwriting the other shield wasting a cooldown. Pretty annoying.

• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.6.1 "Techno-Annihilation" is released!   18 weeks 4 days ago

> Fixed a bug preventing Fireflash from damaging the caster, even without Spellcraft

Hm. So are archmage spells with AOE the only ones that still harm the caster? My understanding is that things like the necromancer's cold AOE and that one huge AOE doombringer/demo spell (darkfire?) are no longer doing self-damage. For a while I thought it was said that no AOE would self-damage, which made me wonder how Spellcraft would be useful. I hadn't gotten around to actually testing any of those talents though.

Man, I wish elona had this feature. The health shader alone is usually enough to get my attention, but in THAT game all you get is a sound... which I never hear 'cause I don't play with sound.

Still, I can think of deaths that this would've prevented and it's nice to see.

I'm also glad that these releases are more than just bugfixes and are even introducing major new features.

• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.6.1 "Techno-Annihilation" is released!   18 weeks 5 days ago

the number one killer

Thank you so much for the new release Dark God! Don't forget to add Annihilator to the winner's table please! :P