• Eoland's Vampire Race   13 weeks 5 days ago

So Eoland take most powerful skill from Ghoul (50% HP max taking damage), most powerful skill of Yeek (+15% global speed, and more on low health), second strongest Halfing skill (remove all detrimental effects), detrimental reduce from Doomelf, super strong Cornac +skill/generic/cat point... And downside its just -30% light resistance and no infusion? O_o

• Vampire Compatibility   13 weeks 5 days ago

The last ToME update made changes to the way classes/races are registered so it's not really strange for my workaround to be outdated.

• Finally did it   13 weeks 6 days ago

Eyy goodjob and welcome to the fun that is Insane. The introduction of randbosses spawning and dropping randarts makes the game a whole lotta more fun

• Vampire Compatibility   13 weeks 6 days ago

Managed to get ahold of inferno on discord and we worked a solution out for that compatibility. Your descriptor = {subrace = "Vampire" } solution is tying into something from Inferno's mod and that was why I was getting an error on my own thing. Inferno worked out an if then check which I implemented. My mod now checks to see if you have his installed and mine will use that solution, otherwise it will work as before.

• Vampire Compatibility   14 weeks 1 hour ago

I'm still working on a solution but when added directly to the data and not in overload, descriptor = {subrace = "Race name" } in copy {} throws a null ref error.

• Infinite Dungeon Challenges Every Level   14 weeks 1 day ago

I am pretty sure that this is the mod in question, I just updated it for the latest version?
    If there is another mod of this nature I'd be surprised but I'd be interested in seeing it by all means link it here.

• My Cornac Necromancer -- Died to Vor   14 weeks 5 days ago

I'm probably not one to say, given my general lack of experience/ability with this game, but I'll give my thoughts anyways:

1) I certainly don't agree that Nightmare is easier than Normal. I find it significantly harder in fact. Maybe it's due to not understanding the basics xp, but on Normal sure you don't get gear or levels quite as fast, but enemies also hardly do damage to you so it's fine. In short on Normal you don't need good equipment to defeat things.

2) I could maybe see this being the case, idrk. My first necromancer was summons-only so I didn't have too many trees, and my second and last necromancer was spells-only (so yes, no summons) so I also didn't have too many trees. Although, I managed to win the game on Nightmare Roguelike with that character.

3) Well good thing for you: The Lich transformation doesn't override your previous racials! If you become a lich you just get two sets of racials, so it's definitely worth it imo

4) This one I can see, but it wasn't the case for me... although maybe it actually *was* the case for me and I just thought I needed willpower, idk

I have nothing else to say, but I found Age of Dusk to not be bad. I completely ignored Dire Plague and used it for Crepuscule and Golden Age of Necromancy. Crepuscule was nice because it just shoots a beam every turn (kind like river of souls but not as insanely good), and Golden Age of Necromancy gives confusion resist and the invulnerability after getting negative life.

• Cultist Rebalance   14 weeks 5 days ago

Thanks!

• Faster ToME4   14 weeks 6 days ago

Is this addon also valid for 1.7.4?

• Infinite Dungeon Challenges Every Level   14 weeks 6 days ago

there is a mod to this effect.

• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.7.4 "Wandering Star" is released!   15 weeks 1 day ago

ToME players have been really good about helping us hapless non-programmers learn unlocks and achievements.

• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.7.4 "Wandering Star" is released!   15 weeks 1 day ago

Thank you for your hard work, this is great news!
    But have some issues with previous and this version, two of my characters doesn't have a bonus zone, and one of them have a constant LUA error when trying to use Command Staff talent.

• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.7.4 "Wandering Star" is released!   15 weeks 2 days ago

Thank you for your reply. I shall let my launcher do its job now.

• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.7.4 "Wandering Star" is released!   15 weeks 2 days ago

Silly question perhaps.. but where do I select the Wanderer class?
    I would have guessed it is under the Adventurer metaclass, however it is not there.
    I have already unlocked Adventurer normally. Do I need to finish the game again to unlock Wanderer as well?

• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.7.4 "Wandering Star" is released!   15 weeks 3 days ago

Minor version changes should never break compatibility. Major versions can, and likely will. E.g. 1.7.4 did not break compatibility, neither will 1.7.5, or any number of minor versions between now and 1.8.0, whenever that may be.

• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.7.4 "Wandering Star" is released!   15 weeks 3 days ago

When putting out a new version, I was wondering if you could include a note regarding whether or not characters from the previous versions are compatible, i.e. whether your characters will disappear from the load screen unless you opt to show older versions. For instance, I'm working on an unlock and don't want to make my character buggy by updating to a version where it might not really work. It would be helpful to learn that so I can put off updating if necessary, or go ahead and update if it should be fine.

• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.7.4 "Wandering Star" is released!   15 weeks 4 days ago

No fix for not being able to buy stoning poison?

• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.7.4 "Wandering Star" is released!   15 weeks 5 days ago

Nice update, looking forward to trying out the new wanderer class.
    It looks like the only way to play :)

• Moon-Mage   16 weeks 3 days ago

I was hoping to see this updated for 1.7.x

I've taken a break from ToME and wanted to come back and play a moon mage; however, this is abandoned, so I may have to give ToME a skip. I wish they'd make this an integral part of the game

• Frost Invoker   16 weeks 3 days ago

v1.2.14 is up with a fix for the Frost Shard interaction with Frost Prisms new handling. Hopefully everything should be squared away now. Thanks again for playing and for the reports :)

• Faster ToME4   16 weeks 3 days ago

Can you specify what this addon exactly does?

• Frost Invoker   16 weeks 4 days ago

Ah, I see what's going on now. Thanks for the details. I had totally forgotten about the interaction with Frost Shards. Should be easy enough to fix now that I know exactly where the problem is. Sorry again for the trouble. I appreciate your patience and continued reports :) Should have a fix up later today.

• Frost Invoker   16 weeks 4 days ago

Tested with new character. The error still exists. How to reproduce: 1. accumulate four frost shards, 2. create snow sculpture and append it with a frost prism 3. activate cold fusion(T2 in frost shard tree) and 4.wait for a turn. The error seems to occur when the cold fusion trying to consume a frost shard when there is a frost prism aside. After the error occurs, the mana regeneration buff is not created.

• Frost Invoker   16 weeks 4 days ago

Ok, looking over the code again, it definitely looks like an issue with the changes to the callback. Unfortunately this talent relies on a pair of callbacks to handle the frost prism interaction, and callbacks are only registered when you first learn a talent. I should have realized this was the case and warned that the update would only work new saves...

I might have been able to work out a way to handle it without changing the callbacks, but at this point it's too late for that (and I'm not totally sure it would have been reasonable to do anyhow). Sorry for any trouble for you or anyone else that had a run affected by this change.

• Frost Invoker   16 weeks 5 days ago

Oof. I tested the update quite a bit... but it was a fresh new character. First guess is that I broke compatability with old saves when I updated Frost Prism, because part of the function is handled with a callback. Next guess is that the new method just needs another sanity check or two.

I won't be able to take a look until this evening. Thanks for your report, I'll reply ere after I take a look and possibly update again.

Sorry for the trouble :/