• Summoner rework   26 weeks 2 days ago

I have to say, I really like this addon.
    I've only tried a plantmancer so far, might do a "single summon" run with Companion Hound later.
    After an untimely death, I sadly had to retire the character but did some more testing in devmode.

What I found out:
    a) Gardener of Eyal can go really nuts. (it goes to 2 cd between plants with Adept + mastery boost, which is great)

b) Blighted Summoning makes your flytraps behave weirdly. It gives them Poison Storm, which they usually won't ever use without Through the Crowd due to friendly fire. (won't use it as long as any ally is in range)
    The notable exception here is the World Tree, which will freely use it for some reason.

c) (this one's not on you) Poison Storm ignores Through the Crowd, as I found out when I turned it on and all flytraps promptly used the skill, killing each other and me in a few turns.
    I'd say you should give flytraps another Blighted talent (same for ivy and the World Tree, since they get the same one).

d) Companion Hounds are affected by Strengthened Bond despite it not saying so.

• Summoner rework   26 weeks 3 days ago

Thank you very much for your comment! I really appreciate your feedback and will upload a bug fix soon!

• Summoner rework   26 weeks 3 days ago

Hey, great work here! I really like this implementation of a wild summoner. Standard summoner I feel is too hands-off, with little to do besides plop down summons and wait. This adds a lot of interactivity, which I really enjoy. The fact there are three distinct "paths" to choose from with ranged, melee, or pure summoner, plus the choice between maintaining lots of summons or cycling though them quickly, creates quite a variety of builds, which I also really enjoy. All in all, really great work!

There are a few issues, all of them pretty minor.

1.There are a few talents that say deals "damage" without specifying a type. Are these physical damage?
    2.Learning the ranged weapon mastery does not teach you Shoot, which is a bit of an inconvenience. I was also a little put off seeing the weapon trees are locked until level 10, but it didn't actually turn out to be much of an issue.
    3.The Bear knows Warshout, but I haven't seen it use it. If it's the same Warshout as the 2-Hand attack tree, it requires the user to be wielding a 2h weapon, which could be the issue?
    EDIT: Looks like the bear can't use any of it's talents, actually. Seems it has the talents Minotaurs would have, but Minotaurs are summoned with a weapon to use them. The bear could use brawler talents instead, maybe?
    4.If you learn and then unlearn Companion Hound, you continue to summon companion hounds even though you no longer know the talent.
    EDIT: The companion hound stopped appearing after I changed levels.
    5.Gardener of Eyal is a bit of a mixed bag. The plants get summoned near you, which is often out of range to be useful at the start of a combat, and then they sit there using up a summon slot. The lack of control over when a summon will appear when you can only have a limited number is a bit of a nuisance. I might prefer it switched with the last talent in the tree, so I can decided when and if I want them without having to take the talent in order to get to Phase Summon.
    EDIT:Not sure if it is intended or not, but Gardener does not place Venus Flytrap on cooldown when it triggers. It seems that all of the other talents that trigger a summon, like Bite Them, do put the talent on cooldown.
    6.Some descriptions could use clarification. I'm not sure exactly what the effect of World Tree is, for instance. Sometimes it triggers other summons, but not always?
    7.Really minor, but capitalization is inconsistent in talent names.
    8.When using the first Ranger attack, Bite Them, you get a Lua error if you target an enemy out of range:

##Use Talent Lua Error##    T_BITE_THEM    Actor:    3273    Bummoner

stack traceback:
        [C]: in function 'error'
        /engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:190: in function </engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:173>

Lua Error: /engine/interface/GameTargeting.lua:137: /engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:190: /mod/class/interface/Archery.lua:731: attempt to index local 'targets' (a nil value)
    stack traceback:
        /mod/class/interface/Archery.lua:731: in function 'base_archeryShoot'
        ...ummoner-rework/superload/mod/class/interface/Archery.lua:21: in function 'archeryShoot'
        /data-summoner-rework/talents/ranger.lua:101: in function </data-summoner-rework/talents/ranger.lua:87>
        [C]: in function 'xpcall'
        /engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:186: in function </engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:173>
        At [C]:-1
        At [C]:-1 error
        At /engine/interface/GameTargeting.lua:137 fct
        At /engine/interface/GameTargeting.lua:143 targetMode
        At /engine/interface/GameTargeting.lua:214 accept
        At /engine/interface/GameTargeting.lua:221 fct
        At /engine/interface/PlayerHotkeys.lua:326
        At /engine/KeyBind.lua:231

Just want to say once more that I really, really like this rework. I've started a Ranger run, and I can't wait to try Dragon and Clan, too. Great job!

• Swordsmaster Class   27 weeks 2 days ago

Love having an alternative melee warrior that's neither hiding behind a shield nor a raging lunatic. However two problems I've noticed so far: With dual wield, using Harrying Blows is often not feasible because many many fights are in narrow corridors (often intentionally for survival) and the standard dual wield tree lacks a spammable movement option to get in 3 turns of strikes. Second, which seems more of a bug, daggers do not seem to be using Swordmaster mastery as described, instead still benefitting from Dagger mastery.

• Swordsmaster Class   27 weeks 6 days ago

I think the awkward level 11-20 boss fights could be dealt with via a few approaches:

1 - Building in some early access to healing reduction. Bisect, for instance, could apply a bleed debuff that reduces healing. Yes, we can get Battle Tactics/Bleeding Edge to do just this, but it's gated behind an unlock and there just are not enough points in the early game to have this AND the survivability/mobility a melee class wants.

2 - Reducing stamina costs by about 20-30% across class unique talents. I do understand that the talent tree is just a copy of 2h assault, but Sun Paladins get free damage+blind on demand from their Celestial side and Spring Attack doesn't make up for that. Again there is no problem whatsoever against minions; it's boss damage that falls off.

3 - Adding max stamina instead. Having 400+ max stam where we currently have 250 would achieve similar results.

4 - Straight up adding more damage. This is the least nuanced approach (I disfavor it) but it's a possible solution.

The class is fun to play and operates smoothly - it just suddenly becomes janky when opponents have thousands of hp.

• Swordsmaster Class   27 weeks 6 days ago

I love the idea of a melee class with mobility built in! This definitely goes a long way towards reducing the frustration of playing a melee class in TOME.

Now for some helpful feedback: I think the resources could use smoothing out.

From 1-10 I had no stamina issues at all, and I was beginning to wonder why everyone was talking about being tapped out quickly.

Then I fought some bosses at 11-20 and wow, there really is not enough stamina! It's impossible to have the stamina per kill talent very high (or at all, at 11) so boss fights basically came down to me doing burst damage until I ran out of stamina, the boss healing back up, and me trying desperately to flee across the map and find a place to hide and regen hp/stamina to try again. Fortunately I had a lot of regen and a healing totem, but I had a number of close calls. This was on Nightmare Roguelike, using an orange greatsword, so damage should not be lacking. I even had an armor of Second Wind.
    (continued)

• Swordsmaster Class   28 weeks 1 hour ago

You should look into Asada's work here:

• The Santascape has come!   28 weeks 3 days ago

Love it! Also hoping that here soon the towns get their x-mas decorations but who knows :D Really appreciate the love and looking forward to 2022! You're the greatest, most evil yet amazing DarkGod! Cheers! <3

• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.7.4 "Wandering Star" is released!   28 weeks 4 days ago

Love the work you put into this update and the new Wanderer class is a lot of fun and is perfect for when you really want a fresh roguelike experience. I would love to see some stat tracking added someday that we could access in the main menu as well as a bestiary that we can view that shows artwork for the monsters we've encountered, a brief description, where they can be found and maybe how many times they've killed us and we've killed them. It would also be cool to have some more random events in the game to keep things fresh like the "Trapped" quest that can randomly trigger. Oh and maybe some alternate layouts for towns/cities that can spawn different merchants for the same season, just to mix runs up. Am sure I can think of more suggestions. Love ToME. Best 1500 hours I've ever spent and hope to put many thousands more in before I die (hopefully of old age!) haha Thanks for your hard work DarkGod. Looking forward to the future! <3

• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.7.4 "Wandering Star" is released!   28 weeks 4 days ago

I'm fine with DG adding users addons to the game. Addons can become outdated/broken if not updated sometimes. This means no matter what, we get the Wanderer class. Ideally, I'd like DG to implement many of the addons for ToME as I've seen so many good ones become obsolete when the modder abandons them. I'd love it if DarkGod took Zomnibus and implemented it to the base game someday and giving credit to all involved whether in game credits or making said people actual monsters we can find in the game. Just me. I'd be crushed if Zomnibus and some other addons I love become abandoned and no longer work with ToME. More that get added the better I say! Plus people who are new or don't want to mod can experience them. So many positives, very little negatives.

• Class: Evoker   29 weeks 13 hours ago

So, I really like this addon, but I noticed a few odd things:
    This class starts with base 25 Hate instead of the usual 100 (a mere 15 when sustaining a demon summon), this means they'll heal much less than other classes thanks to Unnatural Body, (combined with the self damage to activate a few of their talents and it seems a little silly). They also tend to struggle to gain Hate (at least in the early game) since the only way to do so is to kill, and they use Shadows to fight, which costs Hate, so they end up losing more Hate than gained sometimes.

• Class: Hekatonkheire   29 weeks 5 days ago

They should be able to translate in the recent versions.

• Class: Hekatonkheire   29 weeks 5 days ago

I suppose the names of the talent trees and the descriptions cannot be translated
    such as "Titanic Blows", "Crush your enemies with slow heavy hits."(translation tool doesn't detect them), while those of Demolisher can be.

• Faetouched Collection v1.2.0   29 weeks 5 days ago

Got a fix ready for this but I'm gonna wait a bit in case anything else comes up. Specifically, what causes it is if a target dies incidentally during the attack (from on-hit splashes, etc.) the user will still try to attack them, resulting in the user standing on the target's former tile and attacking that tile, hitting themself. Avoid using weapons etc. with on-hit effects that splash to adjacent tiles for now.

Also I'd appreciate it if bug reports are made on the forum thread if possible because it's easier for me to track :)

• Faetouched Collection v1.2.0   29 weeks 5 days ago

Shoot, someone else reported this but I forgot :(

• Faetouched Collection v1.2.0   29 weeks 6 days ago

Fae's madness (weal) effect tend to hit player character altogether with enemies.
    Instakilling self wasn't a fun experience

• Eoland's Vampire Race   30 weeks 1 day ago
    :D

this is great since sometimes you just want to have something out of balance to fuck around with and vampire theme is always nice in my opinion, they are otherworldly creatures afterall and if someone doesn't like it, well you certainly don't have to play this race but be thankful that there is one! thank you.

• Prodigy for Sawrd   30 weeks 1 day ago

Ahah ;)

• Faetouched Collection v1.2.0   30 weeks 1 day ago

I haven't played moonchild yet so I'll just comment about charmed:

This class hit like cannon but takes hit like glass (wyrd effects ensure it to be happened).

Ok, where to start...resources are the first and foremost.
    It's like toying with max paradox. You'll be dead but won't know exactly how.
    Take hidden resource, go higher, or both.
    Or just be really careful micromanaging your caprice.

All of its attack talents hit really, REALLY hard. Most enemies won't survive more than three hits. Problem is that you won't survive more than three hits from uniques too.

Defenses are unreliable and there's no solid damage reduction mechanism. You need to rely hard on inscriptions. This class has global cd reduction talent so abuse it.

Mobilities are meh. you don't have solid closer (it all depends on the mist talents roll, or pixilate + circle combo)
    Escapes are exceptional. Instant random blinks with heal and blind will guarantee safe exit from combat 9/10 times.

Disables are weak and conditional. Queen's whim is...something I rather play without it. It needs more returns to justify wasting turns on silly talents .

In overall, as soon as you can hold some resource management tool this class will become awesome. Go hidden resources my friends.

• Fortress Font of Sacrifice   30 weeks 2 days ago

It is an alternative to the merchant that sells randart items. You must have the Forbidden Cults DLC active and side with the Assasin Lord to access it, and it cannot he accesed until you have returned from the East.

• Fortress Font of Sacrifice   30 weeks 3 days ago
    f

what is font of sac

• Show randart egos   30 weeks 3 days ago
    bug

amulet ego
    When the ego hides and shows in the amulet, the contents of the two egos below are changed.
    of mastery Master false 6 1-50 Increases the mastery of a randomly chosen talent category by (0.10-0.40)
    of perfection Master true 25 30-50 Increases the masteries of 2 randomly chosen talent categories by (0.10-0.40)

• Playable Wight Races   30 weeks 4 days ago

Playing a forest wight necro, silence of the glade patch

Getting to mastery in Spirit Of Nature, leave skill menu, back to skill menu, remove points in spirit of nature
    - repeat

Wildfire was over 20 my daughter said

MfG Chattius

• Silence of the Glade   30 weeks 5 days ago
    • Forest Wight now spelled Forestwight in internal designations where spaces are not supported (was ForestWight.)
    • Silence of the Glade now also refunds mana based on active rune cooldowns and talent level - this may be rebalanced in a future patch to require that a resource be low, depending on feedback and further testing. (A health requirement would obviously benefit necromancers far more than all other mage types.)
    • This change is meant to help distinguish Silence of the Glade from Quietus.
    • Design wise, the "panic button" of Wights and Forest Wights is Quietus/Silence of the Glade, which are themselves gated by static cooldowns.
  • Class: Hekatonkheire   31 weeks 7 hours ago

This is a great addon with great themes and resource system.

Both the Hekatonkheire and Argosines are great fun. Classes that have good flavor as they are Titans of Destruction.
    Except the resource system, the talents with their abilities and icons are custom made. You will not found these abilities in the base game.

Check out the other addons of the creator.. they are also great fun to play.

Recommended