• Harbinger   16 weeks 6 days ago

I'm not sure if it's still that loud, maybe a bit less possibly, but i think it's mostly the choice of that thunder clap sound for this proc that makes it boring fast.
    The reason is its loud by itself and once you get synergies like the heal on crit/death, the sound triggers on every single mob. It's thunder clap after thunder clap after thunder clap, all fights long.
    That's why i suggested another sound for this proc that triggers so often.

• Harbinger   17 weeks 1 day ago

The path to it is overload/data/sounds/talents/storm_conduit.ogg . Replacing that file will work, however it will cause the addon to fail md5 hash validation, so your game won't be valid online.
    There was a bug allowing Storm Conduit to trigger recursively if you had life leech or a similar effect, which would have resulted in the sound appearing extremely loud (due to playing over itself). Is it still too loud now that this is fixed?

• Harbinger   17 weeks 1 day ago

Hiya. I love the idea of this class, even if you mostly just run around bumping things (early game at least). Anyhow, it's been an interesting game so far.

So, I thought I had Channel Cold firing one beam at every enemy I could see, rather than just the one that I was bumping. I have Arc and was pretty sure that at least some folks being hit by Channel Cold weren't touching (so Arc shouldn't have melee attacked them). However, I tried it again and it seems to be behaving as expected now. I'll edit this again if I can get it to behave badly again.

I still do kinda think a free 10-range slowing beam with every melee attack feels kinda powerful even if the damage is sorta modest, and it's more so when every enemy touching the guy you bump also gets hit with its own beam.

Also might be a good idea to make Cyclone a free sustain. Since you can't turn it off, I don't think you can avoid hitting, for instance, the slaves in the yeek hidden compound. Might be working as intended due to the way the class's background is written, though. Having a few abilities be sustains would make the class a little more vulnerable to Entropy and disabling effects like that, which might not be what you want for the class. I dunno.

Anyhow, things are pretty neat so far. Keep doing good work.

• First time playing ToME, interesting, confusing, fun.   17 weeks 2 days ago
  • Harbinger   17 weeks 2 days ago

I like the class so far, good job.
    Tho i must say the Storm Conduit proc sound is way too loud imo, and having that sound each time you kill a mob is getting boring fast. Even more when facing large packs.
    A simple lightning crackle, or a sparkle sound would be more enjoyable on the long run.

Is there a way to replace that sound myself, by another one ? I can't find the data/sound folder.

• Tweaked Arcane Aether   17 weeks 4 days ago

I'm finding that the tinker rare banning doesn't seem to be working (whether or not the ban is active when the game is started), or at least I don't understand the mechanism. Not sure about oozemancer banning.

• The infamous Wilhelm scream mod   18 weeks 1 day ago

Updated. No longer 'Online profile disabled (switching to offline profile) due to invalid addon hash (mod-name)' message yet

• Better Sounds Mod   18 weeks 1 day ago

• Turn Separators   18 weeks 4 days ago

Hey, how about turn off version check? This mod pretty work on current 1.5.5

• Poisons Reward   18 weeks 6 days ago

Suggestion: As getting another unlocked category is considered such a strong benefit, may I suggest the reward functioning like Heart of the Sandworm? So you get it locked if you didn't have it, unlocked if you had it locked, and +.2 mastery if you had it unlocked.

EDIT: Two more things.
    1. Bug: You are also granted the Traps tree unlocked.
    2. Design: Poison is a class talent tree. No other class talent tree can be granted to characters of any class; this makes it stick out in a weird way. My suggestion would be either to change Poison to a generic talent tree, or instead of granting the Poison tree to the character, granting the first level of the first poison skill (and no tree).

• minmay's minor mindslot mindstar modification   19 weeks 6 hours ago

I was wishing that there was an addon for this...
    ...And you uploaded it literally hours before I was thinking about that!
    Thanks a lot :>

• The infamous Wilhelm scream mod   19 weeks 18 hours ago
    Might be suitable for rougelike mode. In exploration mode this might quickly become annoying :/

Думаю, весьма актуально для режима Роглайк, если в исследовании жестить - может быстро поднадоесть :/

• The infamous Wilhelm scream mod   19 weeks 20 hours ago

Installation
    From Steam: Just subscribe on this mod
    From site: Download the 'tome-The-infamous-Wilhelm-scream-mod.teaa' file and copy them to Game Addon directory: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\TalesMajEyal\game\addons
    Check (or set) Auto: Active status on this mod in 'Addons' tab on start screen

Установка
    В Steam: Подпишитесь на мод
    С сайта: Скачайте файл 'tome-The-infamous-Wilhelm-scream-mod.teaa' и скопируйте его в директорию Аддонов игры: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\TalesMajEyal\game\addons
    Проверьте, что в игре в меню 'Addons' напротив мода стоит Auto: Active

• The infamous Wilhelm scream mod   19 weeks 20 hours ago

If you wan't to remove this sound effect, just delete file named 'tome-The-infamous-Wilhelm-scream-mod.teaa' from C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\TalesMajEyal\game\addons

or in game:
    On start screen: Open 'Addons' tab and select "Manual:Disabled" in The infamous Wilhelm scream mod. That's all.

Удаление
    Если хотите избавиться от этого звукового эффекта, просто удалите файл 'tome-The-infamous-Wilhelm-scream-mod.teaa' из директории C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\TalesMajEyal\game\addons

или в игре:
    На стартовом экране: Откройте меню 'Addons' и выберите "Manual:Disabled" напротив The infamous Wilhelm scream mod

• Examine Floor Stack   19 weeks 2 days ago

I've wanted this for quite a while. Since the old days of Pern, actually. I miss everything being auto-IDed as well just from looking, but I suppose that doesn't make much sense in terms of theme since the game assumes characters will be using a device to identify items rather than magically just "knowing" from a distance. At least I can recognize the specialized descriptions of most artifacts, e.g. Skullcleaver is a crimson waraxe.

In a related vein, another thing I miss from back in the day is being able to see the items a given enemy is wearing/carrying. Granted, you can see the weapons by looking at the enemy (albeit un-IDed again, though egos do show) but that's all. AFAICT, the items enemies will drop are determined at the generation of the level, so they would be knowable even before you kill them. Would you be open to the idea of adding a mechanic like that (possibly even to this add-on) in the future?

Regardless, thanks for this one. It doesn't actually give much benefit, though one could conceivably see a floor item useful to an ongoing fight and somehow contrive to get to that spot, but it does add a bit of welcome flavor to the game.

• Dremling Horror Race   20 weeks 3 days ago

In my ToME XP Penalty Tweak addon, Shalore have 35% penalty. The highest penalty is 40% for Ogre in my addon. 50% does seem really high.

• Luminosity Celestial rework   21 weeks 4 days ago

This no longer works with the most recent version of ToME, which makes sense since it's been 2.5 years since the last update. Sad though, Ano needs reworkings.

• Less pinky nightmare curse   22 weeks 4 days ago

i think i found how to fix this

• Less pinky nightmare curse   22 weeks 4 days ago

rogue have stealth, and stealth works fine
    but invisibility makes screen blue, its really hard to see anything behind
    well, may be you'r right, it's another problem, not like curses

• Less pinky nightmare curse   22 weeks 5 days ago

didn't played rogue yet, but i guess it's not same problem and should be(?. maybe it's balance thingy?) solved in other way.

• Less pinky nightmare curse   22 weeks 5 days ago

i haven't Windows installed atm, so only here for now

• Less pinky nightmare curse   22 weeks 5 days ago

cant find this mod on steam :(

• Less pinky nightmare curse   22 weeks 5 days ago

man, can you make the same mod for invisibility? can't see the shit while invis on, annoys

• Help Desk Brief Hiatus   23 weeks 1 day ago

I unlocked Wildfire (Pyromancer) several characters ago, and I now have another level 20 char, but "Spell/Wildfire" Category isn't showing up. Can you fix this?
    Thanks,
    DaveS

• VampireLord   24 weeks 3 days ago
    re

yeah agreed
    and as you gain stats from exsangating anyway, tweaking down bloodpool should be a thing of the next relaise.
    10 extra per stat seems high tho for what i'v netioned earlier, migh be subject to further tweak after next relaise.

but anyway this class is kinda made to be op did you check the diference i brough in bloodcost for others vampirism talents departing from earlier relaise
    i was kind of aiming to give more incentive to use those buy loweing their cost.