• Thiiraz the invulnerable   7 weeks 3 days ago

• Addons Contest 2014   7 weeks 3 days ago

• What's next for Tales of Maj'Eyal! A lot, and then some!   7 weeks 3 days ago

I like it :)

• What's next for Tales of Maj'Eyal! A lot, and then some!   7 weeks 3 days ago

I'm not in a position to donate or anything, but I just want to say to you DarkGod, you're awesome keep up the good work.

I can't think of many developers with such a decent stance on p2w and treating players fairly, communicating with audience, updating the base games /and/ expansions for no extra fee, etc.

You're doing a great job, despite difficulties you may be having in life, and that should be recognised!

• Air Archer   7 weeks 4 days ago

This is just cheat (2.0 strength masteries, actual archer stuff, +50 HP per level...) modification of Zephyr that requires the original be present (Air Archer only has the class definition, not the code that makes the talents actually work). Not sure why Zephyr itself is missing from the addons list, might be a simple glitch, but I suspect this is at fault: either someone mistook which way the copypaste goes, or the real author did not like this.

• What's next for Tales of Maj'Eyal! A lot, and then some!   7 weeks 5 days ago

Super stoked for all of this. I hadn't given up on you yet, but I was wondering why you'd been so quiet :)

• What's next for Tales of Maj'Eyal! A lot, and then some!   7 weeks 5 days ago

>just a wee bit more complex than your usual phone game

• What's next for Tales of Maj'Eyal! A lot, and then some!   7 weeks 6 days ago

I can dedicate my life to ToME for another year or two(+) with just this!
    I'm assuming the spydre dlc would come after the undead one.. or perhaps spydre would be closer to demon dlc and come before undead dlc? Hopes, hopes.
    In any case, kudos to amazing work as always DG!

• What's next for Tales of Maj'Eyal! A lot, and then some!   7 weeks 6 days ago

Hey, first of all, I love what you are doing. Just reading about it makes me hyped for this update. But I would like to ask you a question about reworks. (disclaimer, I suck at the game so probably I'm not best person to discuss this) I would like to know if you were playing around with bulwark having his block as a toggle since right now I can't find anybody using/maxing its counter ability and as a shield character I feel like this would be in its character. Even in guides they say to use block maybe just in early stages of the game.

• What's next for Tales of Maj'Eyal! A lot, and then some!   7 weeks 6 days ago

Oh, Darkgod, think of the hearts and minds you'd soothe if you made these kinds of posts more often... Still, awesome, awesome update, the only thing that would excite me more would be a playable naga race and more spiders!

• What's next for Tales of Maj'Eyal! A lot, and then some!   7 weeks 6 days ago

That's great, thanks for the update! Can't wait to see what new ways we can show support for the game, maybe with some new colored names in chat *hint hint*?

• What's next for Tales of Maj'Eyal! A lot, and then some!   7 weeks 6 days ago

I have to say, I'm looking forward to the updates. The annihilator sounds like the class I had been really hoping to see from Embers (Sawbutcher was unexpected but very fun), and I'm glad that it is indeed in the works.

The expansion sounds amazing, though it looks like its closer to 2 years plus than 2 days out.

Personally I support the cosmetic microtransactions and such. It'll be great to have something spend V coins on, and I've always felt they're a great middle ground of the developer being able to make more money and the players not feeling pressured to throw money at them just to play the game.

• Moderately Generous Levels   8 weeks 22 hours ago

there is already a mod that grants this and more.

• Spell Merchants   8 weeks 1 day ago

Thanks for looking the idea over. I should have started a normal campaign to see the mechanics involved before asking -- had I done so, I imagine I would have seen the very problem you bring up due to where the spawning happens. My bad. When I get a chance, I check into the issue of price points and give feedback on that. Right now I can say that some of my characters will break 8000 gold somewhere close to the end, assuming I don't buy anything (frequently a safe assumption until the merchant in Last Hope starts offering special artifacts) but it usually takes an alchemist for me to do so easily. But I like the idea of getting a choice for special artifacts vs spell trees. It actually sounds like a legitimate choice if your kit isn't quite up to snuff before taking on the hardest part of the endgame -- you can finally go for a top-notch lite or cloak, or spend points (that you may or may not be able to spare) on spells after buying a tree.

Edit: Where are they, exactly? Can't seem to track them down and don't see the notepad file giving me directions that you mention. Also realize I'd have to play the character a while just to get enough gold to get a dialogue. Would you be willing to go ahead and give the information here in a comment so I can consider the balance issue without spending too much time on a character I'm not interested in continuing at the moment? You mention 100 gp, which sounds really low for something as important as getting access to new powers.

• Spell Merchants   8 weeks 2 days ago

Unfortunately no, the npc's spawn in the world map... Not sure if its possible for ID, I mean I should be, but what I mean to say is I don't know if its with in my skill set to do so. I actually haven't looked at the zone files or anything for ID, I'll poke around and see what I can do! As for balance I'm currently doing a playthrough to test things out, if anyone feels a certail price is too high/ low my ears are open.

Edit: Regarding an Infinite Dungeon version, it looks like it might be possible, I'm going to start putting it together now... hopefully I can get it to work...

Edit: I'm confident its possible but it will be very time consuming testing it, I'll try messing around having the npc spawn randomly in a zone.

Edit: Putting this one on the backburner for now, definitely interested in adding it though!

• Spell Merchants   8 weeks 2 days ago

Sounds like a good alternative when someone (me) wants to play around with magic while playing a non-mage class. I can do adventurer, but the leveling up process and the endless lists of category trees really wears me out. I sometimes play with the dual class add-on, but that gets fairly suicidal from mid-game on (every. single. enemy. is. rare/unique/boss, which is harder than Madness.) Though, regarding your question at the top, I don't think anyone who isn't an alchemist has ever said they had too much gold. The DG clearly made a conscious effort to minimize the importance of gold in this iteration of roguelikes.

Questions: does this work in ID? I'm about to go on an ID kick, once I settle on a class/race combo I like (and can survive the rares that show up almost immediately in any difficulty above normal.) And do you have plans to keep it from getting unbalanced, since, as you say, gold doesn't really buy much in this game, so spending it doesn't really burden the player overmuch? Perhaps a penalty to primary class-related numbers or something?

Edit: Also, you have my sincere condolences on all your hard work being made pointless by a single update. I've been frustrated like that in my profession. Usually things get kicked really hard for the next hour after discovering the situation.

• Spell Merchants   8 weeks 3 days ago

Whew well that was a lot of work (4 updates in 2 days!) and I learned a ton! But now its time to relax and actually play the game now that I don't have to worry about having to restart when I add a new npc since they're already there ready to be edited. Next update with some of the roadmap stuff will probably be next week 4/24 ish?

• Spell Merchants   8 weeks 3 days ago

I'll look into it, I actually haven't played the Orks campaign yet but I can't imagine it being very difficult to implement.

Edit: I have the code all ready, but I dont think its possible to make this kind of an addon for DLC, as far as I can tell. I haven't been able to figure out how to direct the addon to overload the orcs.teaac file, I dont even know if its possible to overload to a .teaac file (As far as I know... and have seen, you can only overload the main tome.team file). If anyone knows please share.

• Spell Merchants   8 weeks 3 days ago

Would you add the same option for Orks campaign?

• Spell Merchants   8 weeks 4 days ago

Feel free to leave a comment (reply) letting me know what type of spell merchant you would like to see added.

• Improved SoA, Fortress Flight, and Sher'Tul race   8 weeks 4 days ago

step out from fortress onto worldmap

Occurred with Skeleton Brawler and Halfing Rogue.
    LUA Error: /mod/class/GameState.lua.801: cannot open /data-caldizar/wda/eyal.lua: no such file or directory

If that error is wrong, my fault, I typed it looking at the downloaded screenshot I took of the error.

• The Pikataclysm is upon us! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!   8 weeks 4 days ago

The best event of the year! Bunny event > any other event after all :)

• Automatic Talent Gambits   9 weeks 2 days ago

I love this plugin, I find it both easier to use and more powerful than any other auto-talent plugins I have found.

However, it is missing some resource types from its list, in particular Steam would be useful, but also Insanity (less useful). The other condition I would like to see added is upon resting.

It also appears to override the "restart sustains" from the Zomnibus addon. That's fine, it's easy to make them restart with gambits.

• Player AI   9 weeks 3 days ago

Hi!

It would be cool if we could use the actions bar to "program" the AI. For example, maybe actions 1 through 10 are combat actions that the AI should use. Maybe the AI prioritizes left to right, or something like that, so that I can order skills in a way that makes sense, combat-wise. Maybe SHFT 1 through SHFT 10 are sustains that the AI should keep up. Things like that.

One major advantage is that I could make sure some skills are NEVER used: Some escape skills, for example, but also some useless skills/sustains that are just too weak, etc.

Anyway, just an idea. Thanks for the add-on!

F

• Improved SoA, Fortress Flight, and Sher'Tul race   10 weeks 18 hours ago

This seems to prevent overworld patrols from spawning for me. Is this intentional?