• CHN Addons for ToME   11 weeks 6 days ago

一直报这个错误呢,太奇怪了,已经一年多玩不了了
    Lua Error: /engine/class.lua:504: module 'data-chn123.dialog' not found:

• Infinite Dungeon Merchants   11 weeks 6 days ago

I just had a merchant generated with a summoning alarm (and was mildly amused at his "hmmm?" response to suddenly appearing in a dungeon surrounded by multihued drakes and hatchlings.) He was the steamtech merchant, but was just called "Sun Paladin" and would spontaneously engage me in dialogue if I stood adjacent to him. It took 2-3 tries to say goodbye, i.e. when I told him I just wanted to go, the dialogue box would immediately pop up again, and occasionally for a third time before it stopped. It was just a minor annoyance, but given that it didn't always take the same number of tries to disengage from conversation, and that he forced me into conversation without my say-so, it did occur to me that there's a possibility of getting stuck in the conversation indefinitely, necessitating an emergency shutdown and restart. That might not necessarily be a danger, depending on what mechanism is preventing me from leaving the conversation the first time I try, but I figure it's an issue worth sending your way. If it matters, this particular character started out back during your previous versions, before there were independent NPCs doing the selling rather than storekeepers.

He looked like an orc (necromancer), to be clear. He was just identified as a Sun Paladin with no name.

• Adjustable Levelup   12 weeks 1 day ago

Is there a way to make it so that you get less talent/generic/stat points past level 50? For example, making it so that past level 50 you only get 1 talent every other, and 1 generic every other, and only 1 stat point per level.

If so, how? If not, can it be added? :)

• Infinite Dungeon Merchants   12 weeks 1 day ago

That's a feature, not a bug. It's part of the main campaign. You play undead, you have to deal with the annoyance of remembering to switch in your Cloak of Deception before dealing with towns, shops, and civilians.

If you're playing the main campaign, you'll quickly learn that adventurer parties on the world map? Not people you want to piss off by looking, well, dead. Once you've met a few, you're likely to remember to put on that cloak every time you leave a dungeon.

• Infinite Dungeon Merchants   12 weeks 1 day ago

Incidentally, I've now made a reasonably thorough examination of the merchant offerings and agree with your new pricing schemes (though I think maybe you drastically underrate the utility summons by pricing them so low compared to the others -- a well-placed non-mobile summons can be a great way to clog corridors and distract enemies long enough to kill them before they realize that you're the real danger. They're not flashy...well, that blizzard can be pretty flashy...but they're quite effective with the right strategy.) Other than this point, the only thing I'd suggest is doubling the cost for the few upper-tier trees a player can buy. The whole idea of restricting certain trees to a minimum of level 10 to start revolves around the assumption that these trees are inherently more powerful, and therefore more valuable, that the starting-level trees. While this isn't always true in practice, depending on a player's gamestyle, I'd suggest doubling them anyway for the principle of the matter.

Anyway, I'm glad this add-on has grown and been tweaked well.

p.s. this is just a really, really low-level suggestion, something I noticed one version back -- maybe change the psionic trees description to "powers" rather than "spells" for accuracy? Could probably do that for wilder trees as well. If you've already done this, I apologize for not paying close attention in this version.

• Vor'tep   12 weeks 5 days ago

I have some changes in mind for them. Mostly nerfs, but I would also reduce the xp penalty if I implement them.

Anyhow, I have a large-ish project in the works that has priority at the moment, and limited time, so it will likely be a while before I get back to Vor'tep.

Thanks for the interest :)

• Spell Blade Class   13 weeks 5 hours ago

For the Blade Enhancement talent under Spell / Blade Magic there is no description of what it does.

• Vor'tep   13 weeks 18 hours ago

Any updates planned for the future?

• Moderately Generous Levels   13 weeks 4 days ago

Too strong, by lvl50 yourean immortal god. ven madness become almost easy with it if you can reach to midgame

• What's next for Tales of Maj'Eyal! A lot, and then some!   13 weeks 4 days ago

I think what he wants, is to give you money and then have an easy system of adding the packs other then one a a time, ideally like a prepurchase of all items for this much(X) money (X is = to cost of all pay2tobepretty packs), which as each one gets released is then added to his game without him hunting them down, I think his backup plan would be a button to add all non bought packs to his basket and buy in bulk.

I hope this is helpful for you two and not stated the obvious :D (I have a tendency to do that).

• Infinite Dungeon Merchants   13 weeks 5 days ago

Without the cloak of deception player undead are a different faction and hostile to shopkeeps.

• Roguelike Keybindings   14 weeks 2 days ago

This is a great little quality of life improvement. Thanks.

• Class: Revamped Wyrmic   14 weeks 2 days ago

Draconic Strikes uses spell damage rather than mind damage

• tome2   14 weeks 2 days ago

Buying a stack of items from a store, if you purchase the entire stack, only charges for one such item, even though the game asks if I really want to pay <insert what should be the full price> in the "are you sure" dialog box. As a result, for less than 60 gold, I have 15 scrolls of satisfy hunger, 21 strips of venison, and 146 hard biscuits in my inventory, before even leaving Bree. For somewhat more, I also bought 2 amulets of slow digestion for the price of 1. If the general store had had torches, I'd be set on those, too, but for now, I'm at least set on hunger need for a while.

• Moderately Generous Levels   14 weeks 2 days ago

It's nice to have a moderate point mod that removes the temptation to go overboard. Thanks for making this.

• Infinite Dungeon Merchants   15 weeks 17 min ago

My guess is that if you're level 60, you started this character before dropping the add-on into the folder. Without futzing around with non-gameplay stuff (and, no, I can't tell you how to do it, just that it's possible) the add-on won't be active with this character. You'll have to start a new one with the add-on enabled from the start.

• Infinite Dungeon Merchants   15 weeks 1 day ago

it seems My character(https://te4.org/characters/219218/tome/2cf8ec95-441d-4d0e-abd2-cf5a5a68b866) is the deepest and the only runner and I've found 0 Shops embed in wall.
    I think it's not working, or have some problem with deep dungeons

• What's next for Tales of Maj'Eyal! A lot, and then some!   15 weeks 1 day ago

Oh, thy Great and Dark God!
    We thy humble servents welcome your speech and will spread praises to you even harder!

Jokes aside, I'm really happy that you're back to us and cleansed all our fears =)

• Adjustable Levelup   15 weeks 1 day ago

Makes organizing addons so much easier.

• Infinite Dungeon Merchants   15 weeks 2 days ago

MY 60 LEVEL Character is at 61 level of Infinite dungeon with this addon but none of these stores appeared. I've found three Ancient archive only. Is there something wrong? How can I find your addon store?

• Infinite Dungeon Merchants   15 weeks 3 days ago

But the ID has some seriously OOD monsters. I just met (well, saw via tracking and fled like hell) Urkis on level 2. On Normal difficulty, mind you. Luckily, he was too busy pondering whatever it is insane tempests ponder to hear me screaming and knocking stuff over as I ran away. I've seen leaders of the Orc Prides in the first five levels before. Handling the ID requires a slightly more paranoid approach than the main campaign because, well, you *will* meet the killer of your dreams eventually, and probably sooner rather than later. Explore carefully and stock up on emergency escape options. Best just to think of ID as a decidedly different game than the main campaign and create entirely new strategies for surviving it.

• Infinite Dungeon Merchants   15 weeks 4 days ago

An Assasin-looking boss monster named Akaviriblade keeps appear even in early infinite dungeon. It hurls 400~500 damage spell at floor 2!
    Is it intended?][

• Dread Necromancer   15 weeks 4 days ago

The Corpselight visual effect is really difficult to see anything under.

• Faerie Race Temp Fix   15 weeks 5 days ago

I replaced Fey Clones with Fey Luck to stop the apparent clone bug. I know exactly enough Lua to know to not bother trying to fix the clone process to stop the infinite clones as it is beyond my skill level. Instead I mostly replaced it wholesale with the equal Light Faerie perk and commented out the original perk.

Edit: Have http://forums.te4.org/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=39240 for a forum thread.

• Faerie Race   15 weeks 5 days ago

Fan-made 6.0.1 Infinite Clone Blues Temp Fix
    I replaced Fey Clones with Fey Luck to stop the apparent clone bug. I know exactly enough Lua to know to not bother trying to fix the clone process to stop the infinite clones. Instead I mostly replaced it wholesale with the equal Light Faerie perk and commented out the original perk.