• Infinite Dungeon Merchants   25 weeks 4 days ago

I decided to give this addon a shot with a cornac adventurer, only to find that the shopkeepers were all hostile to my character. Is there a reason for this? I first found the tinker and thought that he wouldn't talk to me because of factional differences. So I started up another character and tried to find a different shopkeep. I found the sun paladin and he was hostile as well. I tried to find the other ones to see if they were all like this, and strangely, all of them were the same. I do have the latest version of the addon, so that's not the issue. I'd love to use this addon, as it seems well-suited to adventurer players. But unless this hostility issue is fixed, I can't do so. :(

• Escorts Enhanced   26 weeks 5 hours ago

Read lore note #171

• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.6 BETA1 is upon you!   26 weeks 3 days ago

Dear Darkgod,

Thank you for keeping us informed on the status of our beloved TOME. We are looking forward to the changes.

Good luck with the development.

Darkness for the Darkgod.

• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.6 BETA1 is upon you!   26 weeks 3 days ago
    nm

NM. Code for steam is now available.

• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.6 BETA1 is upon you!   26 weeks 5 days ago

None, it just means that compiling thousands of lines into a few is hard and prone to error ;)

• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.6 BETA1 is upon you!   26 weeks 5 days ago
    what is the difference between:
    Added an UI option to sharpen the map display, as requested by some
    and
    Added an UI option to sharpen the map display
    D
  • Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.6 BETA1 is upon you!   26 weeks 6 days ago

I can't wait to see the final stable build for this. :)

• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.6 BETA1 is upon you!   26 weeks 6 days ago

Ahah you madperson ! :)

• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.6 BETA1 is upon you!   26 weeks 6 days ago

There goes my free time for the next few weeks… ;)

• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.6 BETA1 is upon you!   27 weeks 1 hour ago

Thanks and kudos to all involved in this hefty undertaking. I see tremendous changes here; sustains not fizzling at 0 mana, nerfed patrols, revisions to Arcane Blade, Defilers and numerous others.

Thanks DarkGod and team, I look forward to supporting with some microtransactions!

• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.6 BETA1 is upon you!   27 weeks 4 hours ago

Have a look at the steam announcement, the beta channel on steam is now open too :)

• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.6 BETA1 is upon you!   27 weeks 6 hours ago

Woot

• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.6 BETA1 is upon you!   27 weeks 7 hours ago

"Simplify SDL gamma calculation and restore default gamma on exit."

OMG I love you, this is what kept me from playing lately

• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.6 BETA1 is upon you!   27 weeks 8 hours ago

Is anyone else having trouble getting Tales to launch on Steam? My game looks like it is trying to download an update but is stuck at 0% with no download speed, and it doesn't show up on the downloads page.

Edit: Seems to have fixed itself. Is there a way to access the 1.6 version on Steam at all? It doesn't seem to be listed under the beta page yet.

• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.6 BETA1 is upon you!   27 weeks 8 hours ago

Praise the Dark God!

All glory to the Dark God!

I do look forward to seeing what many of the changes actually are. I think my favorite change I see on there is the being able to use health in place of Vim, since that always seemed like something that would fit so well with Vim. Also looking forward to seeing what the various class tweaks are.

• Spell Blade Class   27 weeks 1 day ago

It seems like the passive which should heal conditions when switching Flame/Ice/Lightning Blade, does nothing . Also, Elemental Shield gets dropped when doing level-up.

• Utility Supplies   28 weeks 18 hours ago

Having consumables for emergencies has saved me more than once, so I always appreciate this addon. All the rods are too common (I've found three in one high-level zone, but I dunno how the "rarity" number works so I'm loath to tinker) but it's better than having a trap you can't disarm by a pedestal you want to activate and no trap-disarming vanilla rod showing up. The "m" menu gets a little cluttered, too, because apparently an entry for every rod you've ever touched stays there, even if you never moved it out of the chest. Can't see where in the addon that would be fixed, though, so maybe it's just a TE4 engine problem with the way the rods are implemented. Can't fault the addon for that.

Anyhow, definitely a little unbalancing just by its nature, but I still wouldn't like to play without it.

• OldRPG - Core - 1 of 4   28 weeks 6 days ago

Is this one updated for the last version of the game?

• Unlocked Adventurer   28 weeks 6 days ago

You could use this: https://te4.org/games/addons/tome/shoot_tweak
    Gives everyone Shoot, primarily for the sake of Adeventurers.

• Unlocked Adventurer   29 weeks 2 hours ago

still doesn 't unlock Shoot talent for adventurers - at least in respect with steamguns...

• Astromancer Class   29 weeks 1 day ago

Thanks for the feedback (and the compliments at the end). I just redid the meteor tree in the most recent update, so it's not as well tested as the rest. I'm usually on Nightmare With Randbosses anyway.

Running the numbers, it looks like Meteor Bombardment is contributing far too much at high talent levels.
    Meteor Storm is also a little too strong given the lack of downsides.
    I'll turn them both down one way or another.

• Astromancer Class   29 weeks 1 day ago

I missed a conversion between percentage and multiplier there; I'll fix that in the next version.
    The low cooldown was intended, but I think I've come up with a better plan for it.

• Astromancer Class   29 weeks 3 days ago

Quick bug/maybe bug notes- Planetary Charge: Kolal effect action speed display shows 0% (effect works though). Icy Block has a cooldown of 2 (!) which I'm guessing wasn't intended?

• What's next for Tales of Maj'Eyal! A lot, and then some!   29 weeks 3 days ago

DarkGod, I think I love you! I'm already very damned impressed with this game, and seeing this list above just excites me more. I think this game will just grow even more amazing over time with your attention to detail and ideas! Thank you!

• Astromancer Class   29 weeks 4 days ago

....and this isn't a criticism, just an observation, is that rares, uniques, and bosses with astromancer powers tend to absolutely slaughter my characters with their meteors. It's my fault -- I like to play insane, madness, and the Everything is Unique mod, so I see a lot of rares, uniques, and bosses -- but I've had characters that could wipe the floor with some very powerful opponents sent fleeing, or dying, since it can happen very quickly, from any astromancer with meteors. I've tried playing the astromancer a few times and never quite worked up that level of destruction, but I didn't play with real dedication. So I couldn't say whether it's overpowered for PCs, just that somehow NPCs are absolutely deadly. So now I turn the mod off if I'm not playing an astromancer myself.

Just to end this one a positive -- and truthful, let me be clear -- note, I think the class is a very interesting one and clearly had a lot of work and thought put into it. I have absolutely nothing but good things to say in that regard.