• Qlass Pack   50 weeks 9 hours ago

At high levels (I got Adept prodigy so talent level was about 8) Meditative Focus talent started to call up each turn asking to determine the talent it should work with again and again. The class itself felt okay at lower levels until, after getting that Adept, I achived flat resistance of about 100. That was at about level 30, but probably could get it earlier if not spending so much time and points on experimenting. After that, it was mostly just hooking opponents to me, disarming then mostly bumping even bosses to death. Which reminds another thing: too few active talents to spice up a combat. Just hook-disarm-burst then bump to death. Use speed up for uniques+. Though at lvl 40 it was probably needed only for bosses. Specialties looked interesting, but again, due to low number of critical talents, it soon became appparent that they are only useful for 1-2 talents each... :((

• Unrandom Egos   50 weeks 23 hours ago

It seems that the Ego correction value is gradually fixed according to the tier level.
    Tier1 = minimum +2
    Tier3 = Center Average.
    Tier5 = Maximum correction value for the highest quality products

sample
    Stealth Egos +5-+15
    Tier1 Stealth +7
    Tier3 Stealth +10
    Tier5 Stealth +15

In other words, Tier 5 products receive Ego's maximum compensation and protect you from dust-like compensation.

I think this is a good add-on as it doesn't hurt you and you rarely see the maximum correction at low tiers.

Not as powerful as artifacts and unique items.

• Japanese Addon Plus Tlanslation   50 weeks 2 days ago

上記アドオンからコーナック亜種族を4種追加で訳しました。
    Earthling/イヤル転生者
    Paralleling/異世界召喚者
    Animaling/半獣人
    Highalf/上級人ハーフ

• Finally did it   50 weeks 4 days ago
    Yep

Yeah, I did some games on Insane and the early game is much much harder because of that, even on builds I considered "safe". Looks like I need to step up my game haha !

• Eoland's Vampire Race   50 weeks 4 days ago

Thank you for downloading and playing.

• Eoland's Vampire Race   50 weeks 4 days ago

If the mod does not specifically designate a "Vampire" subrace then yes.

• Eoland's Vampire Race   50 weeks 4 days ago

In my mind, Vampires are apex predators. Far stronger than normal humans. Outside of my head cannon, there are lots of options for people who want to play a race that is challenging. First and foremost I made it to be my min-maxing go to while keeping to things already in the game.

The mix being Ghoul, Parasite, Yeek, Shalore.

• Eoland's Vampire Race   50 weeks 4 days ago

Perhaps it was a compatibility issue with something else? My latest update will have fixed that for Inferno's Race Pack atleast.

• Faster ToME4   50 weeks 5 days ago

Edit textures? Change particles? Adaptive effects? Or magical "Its just works"?

• Eoland's Vampire Race   50 weeks 5 days ago

So Eoland take most powerful skill from Ghoul (50% HP max taking damage), most powerful skill of Yeek (+15% global speed, and more on low health), second strongest Halfing skill (remove all detrimental effects), detrimental reduce from Doomelf, super strong Cornac +skill/generic/cat point... And downside its just -30% light resistance and no infusion? O_o

• Vampire Compatibility   50 weeks 5 days ago

The last ToME update made changes to the way classes/races are registered so it's not really strange for my workaround to be outdated.

• Finally did it   50 weeks 6 days ago

Eyy goodjob and welcome to the fun that is Insane. The introduction of randbosses spawning and dropping randarts makes the game a whole lotta more fun

• Vampire Compatibility   50 weeks 6 days ago

Managed to get ahold of inferno on discord and we worked a solution out for that compatibility. Your descriptor = {subrace = "Vampire" } solution is tying into something from Inferno's mod and that was why I was getting an error on my own thing. Inferno worked out an if then check which I implemented. My mod now checks to see if you have his installed and mine will use that solution, otherwise it will work as before.

• Vampire Compatibility   50 weeks 6 days ago

I'm still working on a solution but when added directly to the data and not in overload, descriptor = {subrace = "Race name" } in copy {} throws a null ref error.

• My Cornac Necromancer -- Died to Vor   51 weeks 4 days ago

I'm probably not one to say, given my general lack of experience/ability with this game, but I'll give my thoughts anyways:

1) I certainly don't agree that Nightmare is easier than Normal. I find it significantly harder in fact. Maybe it's due to not understanding the basics xp, but on Normal sure you don't get gear or levels quite as fast, but enemies also hardly do damage to you so it's fine. In short on Normal you don't need good equipment to defeat things.

2) I could maybe see this being the case, idrk. My first necromancer was summons-only so I didn't have too many trees, and my second and last necromancer was spells-only (so yes, no summons) so I also didn't have too many trees. Although, I managed to win the game on Nightmare Roguelike with that character.

3) Well good thing for you: The Lich transformation doesn't override your previous racials! If you become a lich you just get two sets of racials, so it's definitely worth it imo

4) This one I can see, but it wasn't the case for me... although maybe it actually *was* the case for me and I just thought I needed willpower, idk

I have nothing else to say, but I found Age of Dusk to not be bad. I completely ignored Dire Plague and used it for Crepuscule and Golden Age of Necromancy. Crepuscule was nice because it just shoots a beam every turn (kind like river of souls but not as insanely good), and Golden Age of Necromancy gives confusion resist and the invulnerability after getting negative life.

• Cultist Rebalance   51 weeks 5 days ago

Thanks!

• Faster ToME4   51 weeks 5 days ago

Is this addon also valid for 1.7.4?

• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.7.4 "Wandering Star" is released!   52 weeks 9 hours ago

ToME players have been really good about helping us hapless non-programmers learn unlocks and achievements.

• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.7.4 "Wandering Star" is released!   1 year 5 hours ago

Thank you for your hard work, this is great news!
    But have some issues with previous and this version, two of my characters doesn't have a bonus zone, and one of them have a constant LUA error when trying to use Command Staff talent.

• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.7.4 "Wandering Star" is released!   1 year 7 hours ago

Thank you for your reply. I shall let my launcher do its job now.

• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.7.4 "Wandering Star" is released!   1 year 1 day ago

Silly question perhaps.. but where do I select the Wanderer class?
    I would have guessed it is under the Adventurer metaclass, however it is not there.
    I have already unlocked Adventurer normally. Do I need to finish the game again to unlock Wanderer as well?

• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.7.4 "Wandering Star" is released!   1 year 1 day ago

Minor version changes should never break compatibility. Major versions can, and likely will. E.g. 1.7.4 did not break compatibility, neither will 1.7.5, or any number of minor versions between now and 1.8.0, whenever that may be.

• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.7.4 "Wandering Star" is released!   1 year 1 day ago

When putting out a new version, I was wondering if you could include a note regarding whether or not characters from the previous versions are compatible, i.e. whether your characters will disappear from the load screen unless you opt to show older versions. For instance, I'm working on an unlock and don't want to make my character buggy by updating to a version where it might not really work. It would be helpful to learn that so I can put off updating if necessary, or go ahead and update if it should be fine.

• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.7.4 "Wandering Star" is released!   1 year 3 days ago

No fix for not being able to buy stoning poison?

• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.7.4 "Wandering Star" is released!   1 year 4 days ago

Nice update, looking forward to trying out the new wanderer class.
    It looks like the only way to play :)