• Record of a Noobie's Growth vol 2   23 weeks 5 days ago

If you get too distracted, and want some stress relief.

Cornac Cursed on 1.5.10
    get Rampage w/ the cat point
    one point in each skill as they come up,
    you can figure out what scales later.
    Have fun.

(ps. almost forgot, don't mess w/ the curse items thing. its too cerebral)

• Record of a Noobie's Growth vol 2   24 weeks 1 day ago

Sorry been a little busy with work and things. I work restaurants so 12 hour days and 6 days week are the norm this time a year.

My Alchemist is still alive but am finding the class to be a little different to play as I have to manage two characters at once.

• Record of a Noobie's Growth vol 2   24 weeks 2 days ago

Hihis! How is your alchemists now? Yousie have not been writings for a whiles. Is okies? :>

• Spell Blade Class   24 weeks 6 days ago

I will play this just on the strength of the talent icons. Nice work. I look forward to seeing how this looks inside the game.

OK. Just played it for a few hours. First impression. Lots of fun. What a lovely xmas gift. Thank you.

• No more ambient   25 weeks 6 hours ago

Doesn't work with 1.5.10, although game doesn't show error that this module is incompatible. Is there any other mod which does the same?
    EDIT: nvm, I had to start new game. It works, thanks...

• Easy Map v2   25 weeks 10 hours ago

Nice qol mod

• Improved Combat Text v2   25 weeks 10 hours ago

Must have

• Tales of Maj'Eyal on Android?! Oh yes baby!   25 weeks 16 hours ago

I'm a newcomer too, I bought the whole maj'eyal experience on gog for about 10.30 euros on this winter sales (ok, small contribution :$), and I already like it very much, and I'd gladly *donate for it for my android tablet :) hope you'll be able to make it run on average tablets! (Huawei MediaPad lite 3^^)

• Spell Blade Class   25 weeks 4 days ago

This bug is fixed in v1.1

• Spell Blade Class   25 weeks 6 days ago

Is that so? That may explain it. Wouldn't surprise me if I've hit that high.
    Thanks for the info!

• Spell Blade Class   26 weeks 14 hours ago

The class looks nice, but there is one rather interesting bug.
    Basically, if you activate Ice Shield while you already have a shield equipped, and the total block talent level given by the equipped shield and Ice Shield exceeds 5, the game shaves it back down to 5. However, this artificial reduction isn't known to Ice Shield, and so, when you deactivate Ice Shield, you lose levels in Block until you unequip and reequip your offhand shield.

• Razakai's Reworks   26 weeks 22 hours ago

The mod class feels too strong and too bland. From medium levels I just clicked everything to death (IDungeon, Nightmare). One reason I see is abscence of actual new mechanics, another one is that low numbers of Generic talents makes their choice a no-brainer.. :( Plus, the words that this character 'pays no mind to defence' are a blatant lie - he can eeasily max Heavy armor and wear any plates, which, together with boost to regen and Iron Skin makes the class completely uninteresting.

• Spell Blade Class   26 weeks 1 day ago

Is it possible you've reached > 99 add-ons in your add-on folder? I've heard that will crash the game on load. I know at least one other person tried this add-on without a crash on load.

• Spell Blade Class   26 weeks 1 day ago

Don't know if it's just me, but whenever I try to start a new game, I select T.o.M.E. as normal, and then, instead of loading to go to the character creation screen... "Tales of Maj'Eyal has stopped working". Is this a problem everyone's getting? Or just the guy who collects addons?

• Razakai's Reworks   26 weeks 3 days ago

The forum thread has a more detailed description, which I'll copy into here.

• Razakai's Reworks   26 weeks 4 days ago

Could we please get a list/description of all the changes in these addons, or at least the classes changed? That would be simpler to check than loading each class with and without the addon to see what is different

• Today is the 9th Anniversary of Tales of Maj'Eyal first line of code!   27 weeks 2 days ago

I still playing, watching for every addon and dreaming about Android version of TOME

• Today is the 9th Anniversary of Tales of Maj'Eyal first line of code!   29 weeks 1 day ago

I see that this game is celebrating nine years of existence, but I'm one of the newer players. I've only had this game for less than half a year. I've only got 87 measly hours. I'm only on my 6th character in the main mode. I've only beaten the full arena once on normal difficulty. When I see this, I ask myself what I'm going to do next. The answer is easy: I'm going to play my 6th character, a Dwarven Barbarian, cliche I know but I love him, until he either dies for good or finally nets me a win in this game. I look at this game's milestone, and I only hope that I still enjoy it when I have ten times as many hours on it just as much as I do now. It's a great game that I wasn't expecting to be so great. Cheers to nine years of life ToME. May your character deaths be fair, and may your victories be celebrated.

• Today is the 9th Anniversary of Tales of Maj'Eyal first line of code!   29 weeks 2 days ago

I, an old man with ailments of age, still remember when I tried first versions of the aberration of an roguelike like TOME4, when it first came out.

A few dungeons, and the impossibility of killing even the easiest of (nowadays) bosses in a T1 area :)
    Man it was hard. A few subsequent updates later, still rather raw, and oh so hard.

Still, for some reason, I came back every now and then. Died a lot, and still came back.

Now, after quite a few wins, and quite a few more deaths later... been quite simply the most time consuming game I've ever played. The replayability with difficulties, classes, and weird addons gives always a fresh and unique flavor to the game.

Got to hand it to you Darkgod, even if the tears of players revitalises your coding skills and general well being, the fact, that I've not touched (maybe slightly tickled once or twice) another roguelike after TOME4, is a testament of your legacy on the annals of gaming.

(oh and the ailments of age, 40+ of age, just lazy probably, that's why I'm hurting sometimes I suppose)

Keep on going, you have quite a loyal fanbase to keep you company!

p.s. Fanbase: do donate. Even if Darkgod doesn't need mortal sustenance, I'm sure his family appreciates it ;)

• Today is the 9th Anniversary of Tales of Maj'Eyal first line of code!   29 weeks 3 days ago

tome4 is the best game

Thank you darkgod, for this sweet game.
    I also finally bought the Forbidden Cults too.
    Keep on keeping on man.

You are real inspiration!

• Today is the 9th Anniversary of Tales of Maj'Eyal first line of code!   29 weeks 4 days ago

This is my favourite roguelike by far, and the world you have created is fantastic. I'm glad you're still enjoying creating new content for it :D

100/10 I eagerly await the future of Eyal!

• Today is the 9th Anniversary of Tales of Maj'Eyal first line of code!   29 weeks 6 days ago

Thank you for making this wonderful game, I can't believe I have hundreds of hours logged into it :)