• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.7.4 "Wandering Star" is released!   16 weeks 5 days ago

Minor version changes should never break compatibility. Major versions can, and likely will. E.g. 1.7.4 did not break compatibility, neither will 1.7.5, or any number of minor versions between now and 1.8.0, whenever that may be.

• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.7.4 "Wandering Star" is released!   16 weeks 5 days ago

When putting out a new version, I was wondering if you could include a note regarding whether or not characters from the previous versions are compatible, i.e. whether your characters will disappear from the load screen unless you opt to show older versions. For instance, I'm working on an unlock and don't want to make my character buggy by updating to a version where it might not really work. It would be helpful to learn that so I can put off updating if necessary, or go ahead and update if it should be fine.

• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.7.4 "Wandering Star" is released!   16 weeks 6 days ago

No fix for not being able to buy stoning poison?

• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.7.4 "Wandering Star" is released!   17 weeks 23 hours ago

Nice update, looking forward to trying out the new wanderer class.
    It looks like the only way to play :)

• Moon-Mage   17 weeks 5 days ago

I was hoping to see this updated for 1.7.x

I've taken a break from ToME and wanted to come back and play a moon mage; however, this is abandoned, so I may have to give ToME a skip. I wish they'd make this an integral part of the game

• Frost Invoker   17 weeks 5 days ago

v1.2.14 is up with a fix for the Frost Shard interaction with Frost Prisms new handling. Hopefully everything should be squared away now. Thanks again for playing and for the reports :)

• Faster ToME4   17 weeks 6 days ago

Can you specify what this addon exactly does?

• Frost Invoker   17 weeks 6 days ago

Ah, I see what's going on now. Thanks for the details. I had totally forgotten about the interaction with Frost Shards. Should be easy enough to fix now that I know exactly where the problem is. Sorry again for the trouble. I appreciate your patience and continued reports :) Should have a fix up later today.

• Frost Invoker   17 weeks 6 days ago

Tested with new character. The error still exists. How to reproduce: 1. accumulate four frost shards, 2. create snow sculpture and append it with a frost prism 3. activate cold fusion(T2 in frost shard tree) and 4.wait for a turn. The error seems to occur when the cold fusion trying to consume a frost shard when there is a frost prism aside. After the error occurs, the mana regeneration buff is not created.

• Frost Invoker   17 weeks 6 days ago

Ok, looking over the code again, it definitely looks like an issue with the changes to the callback. Unfortunately this talent relies on a pair of callbacks to handle the frost prism interaction, and callbacks are only registered when you first learn a talent. I should have realized this was the case and warned that the update would only work new saves...

I might have been able to work out a way to handle it without changing the callbacks, but at this point it's too late for that (and I'm not totally sure it would have been reasonable to do anyhow). Sorry for any trouble for you or anyone else that had a run affected by this change.

• Frost Invoker   18 weeks 6 hours ago

Oof. I tested the update quite a bit... but it was a fresh new character. First guess is that I broke compatability with old saves when I updated Frost Prism, because part of the function is handled with a callback. Next guess is that the new method just needs another sanity check or two.

I won't be able to take a look until this evening. Thanks for your report, I'll reply ere after I take a look and possibly update again.

Sorry for the trouble :/

• Frost Invoker   18 weeks 6 hours ago

I can't say for sure if the beams will trigger EotT. I'd have to dig into the code for it a bit deeper, but I suspect it will be checking the source of the crit, which could be misattributed to the callback of the talent instead of the actor. If that's the case, there's not much I could do to change it, if anything.

As for Artic Assault talents, the crits from the attack won't trigger any EotT on spells, but the talents are still spells and can have their cooldown reduced by EotT spell crit procs. And, yes, they can additionally have their cooldown reduced by Hail talents, if you know the final talent in that tree.

• Frost Invoker   18 weeks 11 hours ago

Lua Error: /data-frost_invoker/talents/spells/arctic_assault.lua:187: attempt to call method 'hasEffect' (a nil value)
    At [C]:-1 hasEffect

• Frost Invoker   18 weeks 12 hours ago

Thanks. The double prism strategy is powerful enough foor a madness trip lol. As for the tiger eye, maybe I had a wrong understanding of Tiger eye's working mechanism. According to your explaination, melee attack crits will not trigger spell cool down reduction. But can the frost beam from frost prism trigger tiger eye? I checked the source and it uses spellcrit() method to calc the damage. Although skills from arctic tree are all weapon attacks(and thus will not give spell cooldown reduction), their cooldown will be reduced by spells such as hailstone, right?

• Frost Invoker   18 weeks 17 hours ago

I uploaded a new version with updated handling for Frost Prism so it will work with any number of prisms at a time.

I tested Eye of the Tiger and it seems to be working properly. As I said, though, it's not fully as beneficial on the class as you might expect.

However, they do have Arctic Wind, which lowers the cool down of Arctic Assault talents when Hail spells hit. Cryomania allows your melee crits to cast Hailstone or reduce its cooldown. Hailstone is a Hail spell...

• Frost Invoker   18 weeks 1 day ago

Thanks for trying the class and I appreciate the feedback :)

Handling multiple Frost Prism shouldn't be a problem (just hadn't occcured to me it could happen, but then I forget about Drem).

Eye of the Tigger should work, but there would be a bit of a caveat. Any melee crit (even if the attack is from a Spell tree) will do nothing, because they have no Technique or Cunning trees to reduce cooldown for. Spell crits, on the other hand, should affect any and all of their talents. The prodigy only checks if the tree starts with "spell/", so all Frost Invoker trees should be covered. I will take a look at it, though, just to verify.

• Frost Invoker   18 weeks 1 day ago

This is a class with very strong combinatory battle techs. I use the snow sculpture and frost-prism combo heavily. However, there are a few flaw aspects which I think don't work as intended: first, tiger eye prodigy don't benifit spell skills in the mod, secondly, when there are more than one frost-prisms in the map(can be created by drem race), only the last created one will fire frost beam.

• Clean UI   18 weeks 3 days ago

I really liked the style of inventory and talent page.. but the health bars etc were not to my taste.
    So I'd like options that only replace the aspects I want replaced. I would love to see this applied to the mod if possible.. Great work overall tho.

• Recaiden's Evolution Prodigies   18 weeks 5 days ago

The separate class version was much more fun - the evolution version is not particularly interesting.. :( Archer is good enough as a class. On the other hand, I'd say that the following classes could benefit from evolutions: Skirmisher, Alchemist and Arcane Blade. These are all not particularly interesting at high levels. ;)

• My first character: a halfling rogue   19 weeks 1 day ago

I believe what you found was called a Vault? I don't recommend going into those when you first find them, as they tend to contain enemies much higher-level than those normally found in the area in which they've spawned. However, they also tend to contain higher-tier loot, making them quite tempting to me. I have died more than a few times to hubris with those. If the game warns you about opening a door, there is nearly always something behind it which is either an optional boss or a Vault.

• My first character: a halfling rogue   19 weeks 1 day ago

I think you'll enjoy Halfling Rogue, as it has good race/class synergy. A similar, and fun combination that I have won the Arena Campaign with, quite easily, was Halfling Skirimisher. Having a Halfing running about one-shotting enemies from afar with a sling and pushing them away with a buckler was quite fun, and I am pleased with how that character turned out.

https://te4.org/characters/114799/tome/6f9ed58a-2c13-4d85-84cd-45efaecfafb5 in case you wanted to see her profile. First time I had won the game without benefiting from an Addon that dramatically improved my chances.

• Arcane Combat Mod Merge   19 weeks 1 day ago

After 1.7.3, the game is set to a test language file instead of english for some reason.
    It has no impact on the game itself, as everything default to english when a language file is missing but this is what crashes the devtool.

• Improved Adventurer   19 weeks 1 day ago

The actual dirges talent tree was named "dirge" in the code and "dirges" was the hidden tree that contains the subskills.
    I confused the two.

It's fixed now.

• Cultist Rebalance   19 weeks 2 days ago

Loving the changes!

• Arcane Combat Mod Merge   19 weeks 2 days ago

I have a fixed version I'll upload

EDIT: or apparently not cause i can't get the dev tools to work, oh dear