• Bristlebarb   5 weeks 2 days ago

There's plenty of cases where plants and wooded objects actively resist fire. First of all, living plants? Don't burn very well. Too wet. :) And then there's stuff like iron wood or other flame-retardant woods. A dense brush can also smother fire by choking its access to air. You could also argue as the thorns grow more aggressively, they gain better blight resistance and ability to fight off disease. Again, there's examples in nature.

Highly anticipating said fixes, I actually enjoy this class a super lot. I love slow tanky classes like Bulwark, and basically having "Angry Treeform Druid" has been an absolute blast (and sometimes outright hilarious). Excellent work all around, and I eagerly look forward to seeing what other unique class ideas come out of you.

• Dance of the Edge   5 weeks 6 days ago

Thanks for your comment; I appreciate it. Auto-scumming bug is now fixed, as is the icon bug. Still working on the negatiive regen after death one. I haven't been able to figure out what triggers it yet.

• Dance of the Edge   5 weeks 6 days ago

Still trying to nail this one down... thanks for your comment, and hopefully I'll have it fixed soon.

• Dance of the Edge   5 weeks 6 days ago

Fixed the bugs. Thanks for your help and comments. Stamina recovery also available via Dance of the Leaf tree. =)

• Bristlebarb   5 weeks 6 days ago

From a realism standpoint i agree with fire and blight being out of theme. From a playing standpoint, one of those being extremely common and the other extremely dangerous i'm not convinced i should remove them...

I also noticed you don't always rest exactly to 50%, but just around it, i keep meaning to push a fix but end up working on other projects, i have a doc with other changes i wanna include at the same time :) It will be fixed !

Auto explore does NOT break from thorns since it ignores your thorns. And the debuff from being <50% is only applied if there is an enemy in line of sight (but it can be outside light radius or invisible, i didn't want to lose the debuff just because you couldn't see the enemy, it just means an enemy could potentially attack you). You can restore thorns with controlled growth or being in sight of rare so you shouldn't end up stuck anyway ? If I'm misunderstanding and you can give me a bit more info i might reproduce.

• Bristlebarb   6 weeks 9 hours ago

Honestly, I feel since they're thorns, fire and blight resistance should be removed from those, or reduced compared...(General concept of thorns which are subject to blights and susceptible to fire....) Also... the rest restores thorns to 50% is broken... about level 5ish I started noticing that my thorns would randomly set at like 46/100 instead of returning to 50%(50/100) and only got worse from there as I upped the body thorns talent... since the value being to grow in distance from the 50% value... eventually I couldn't use auto explore anymore and since rest doesn't do a "thorns" check and instead looks to life (Which other than billy, I've yet to come close to dying as a Dwarf Bristlebarb.... yeah...)

• Patch 1.7 big feature preview: New Necromancers!   6 weeks 17 hours ago

Nice. W8 this patch... Ebuilds? Wait? Again? Gentoo?..

• Patch 1.7 big feature preview: New Necromancers!   6 weeks 19 hours ago

So excited for this! thanks for all the hard work Darkgod

• Discordant ( + Critic, Kudzu, Primitive, Scorpion, Colossus)   6 weeks 1 day ago

There's two build that I use; max out Discord or Schism tree.

Discord's Mindstorm damage is weak until you can get Dean of Discord. In the mean time, you kill stuff by kiting the enemy inside the Mindstorm radius while walking away from them. Remember that Psionic Form gives movespeed boost with at least 80 psi, so you can run away.

Schism deal more damage and has built-in crowd control effects. With Split Personality, you can pretty much spam it every turn. The random teleports means you can never be locked down, then again it's random so you need to be lucky.

Overall, the class has tons of AoE damage, but lack single target damage against boss (other than Distortion tree)

How would you recommend building a Discordant trying to get off the ground in Insane?

• Dance of the Edge   6 weeks 1 day ago

The main problem is that there is no impression of 'dancing'. Leaf dance is without alternative and you only need others to get stat requirements - till you learn the talent allowing you to use 2. I used Wind periodically but had to switch to Leaf at almost any serious opposition. I think that you should get at least some placeholder icons for talents - otherwise all similar icons are quite irritating. Also noted the bug with negative regeneration mentioned here but I think it is more connected with turning off own Leaf dance upon death. Semi-permanent stats effects for requirememnts is a good idea - but the game seems to see these as 1 lower ( or base requrements as 1 higher?): needed 19 Str for wwpn mastery, 29 Cun for Track, etc.

• Dance of the Edge   6 weeks 1 day ago

I've lost two characters when their hp regen became permanently negative after battle with bosses from this mod (the water one and the leaf one). There was no status effect on my characters, nor was there anything suspicious in their inventory (one of my characters was only 9th level, so I simply dropped everything he had on the ground).

• Patch 1.7 big feature preview: New Necromancers!   6 weeks 2 days ago

Looking forward to this! If you need any early testers/bug finders happy to help.

• Pro Staff Combat   6 weeks 2 days ago
    yep

No that's all it does. Changed the description to better reflect that. It was in response to this thread in the forums: http://forums.te4.org/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=50920. I made something quick to see what it would be like and registered it mainly so I can play online with the addon. You're of course welcome to use it, or to take the code and add other features you would like, but I'm not promoting this for public consumption.

• Pro Staff Combat   6 weeks 2 days ago

The only changes in this are to the Staff Mastery talent, adding that bit of Dexterity scaling to staff damage? Or is there more and I'm not loading it somehow?

• Dance of the Edge   6 weeks 3 days ago

Impressed with the zone and the added bosses.
    The design of the class is interesting, although I think it suffers from all the 'At Level 3/5' effects.

• Dance of the Torrent should allow learning Heavy Armor Training with 14 STR or less instead of 16, but it does not, giving a 'Impossible!' popup upon trying to close the level-up screen. It also prevents me from learning Weapon Mastery at all unless the Dance is actually sustained. The auto-scumming is a nice idea, but it doesn't seem to work properly.
    • Talents with capital .PNG icon filenames don't show up in the default zipped form of the addon.
    • If you put 5 points in a dance, learn Master of the Dance, remove 1 point from the dance, and then close the levelup screen, it causes an error.

• The locked Duelist tree has their only way to recover stamina?
  • Bugfix Pack   6 weeks 3 days ago

is this going to be upstreamed?

• Inventory Sort Order   6 weeks 3 days ago

Could this addon be expanded to include sorting the item menu when trying to [g]et items from a pile on the ground? In AoA I hoard items in a zone vault until I can get to the Shertul Fortress, and it can be tedious to find a specific item in a list of 200+ other items.

• Patch 1.7 big feature preview: New Necromancers!   6 weeks 4 days ago

I can't wait to try out this Necromancer! I really love playable necromancers, so even if the Necromancer as it is now is quite annoying and hard to build, one of my past times is precisely to ponder how to make a build that works.

Thank you very much for your awesome game!

• Patch 1.7 big feature preview: New Necromancers!   6 weeks 4 days ago

I always love necromancers and especially liches. More the better when you get to play them!. Sadly, lichdom tends to be underdeveloped in games. I threw hundreds of dollars after Kingmaker 2 because of their lich implementation. If you also made a DLC that expanded upon liches and villainy, I would buy that too!

• Patch 1.7 big feature preview: New Necromancers!   6 weeks 4 days ago

It takes everything I love about the Dread Necromancer add on, makes it vanilla, then compounds upon it?! NEW FAVORITE CLASS EVER. DG, this is legit gonna be my all time favorite update. Thanks. My GF is now gonna murder me because this is gonna consume my life again.

• Patch 1.7 big feature preview: New Necromancers!   6 weeks 4 days ago

Even before this, necromancer was my favorite class. Can't wait for 1.7, thank you so much darkgod for all your work on this amazing game

• Patch 1.7 big feature preview: New Necromancers!   6 weeks 4 days ago

I love this news, thanks very much for refactoring the necromancer. I think this new design will be really fun. I can't wait to try it. Thanks for providing some permanent minions as well. These are much more fun than timed ones, IMO.

• Discordant ( + Critic, Kudzu, Primitive, Scorpion, Colossus)   6 weeks 6 days ago

I was just so suprised when everything went so well that i assumed that the class was op :)

time to try for my first higher diff win :D

Hey, thanks for trying out my addon, and congrats on the win.
    Most addons are balanced around nightmare / insane difficulty, since any character can *feasibly* win normal.
    Discordant revolves around AoE damage, which is strong against trash mobs. But will struggle against high hp bosses, which is more common on higher difficulties. Also, their early game isn't that great.
    Other than that, it's a bit stronger than most vanilla classes, but the same can be said for most addons here.
    Cheers.