• Extra Dungeons Fixed   9 weeks 5 days ago

Would we expect it to show up every time? The...dammit, I know the name...the solipsist dungeon...the Caldera?...does show up despite being random, but it doesn't require an encounter. Maybe this mod would have to go into an entirely different part of the code to guarantee that encounter before creating the dungeon. Outside of the Far East, I can't think of any other random ones that require a special encounter first.

• Extra Dungeons Fixed   9 weeks 5 days ago

In the previous version of Extra Dungeons, it's not guaranteed to get the Director Hompalan boss in the Ruined Halfling Complex, so the Old Conclave Vault is not guaranteed, unless you use Shalore.

• Extra Dungeons Fixed   10 weeks 12 hours ago

Once I get home and test it out, I'll be rating this add-on as a much welcomed update. Thanks from me too.

Edit: Yep.

• Extra Dungeons Fixed   10 weeks 1 day ago

He definitely shows up now, so that must have been the fix. Thanks for doing that Dienes!

• Extra Dungeons Fixed   10 weeks 1 day ago

I stopped using it because of the loss of the apprentice mage in the latest update of ToME, but that's the only problem I know about. If that's what is fixed, I'll definitely start using it again. I miss taking on all the available dungeons in my never-ending quest to just wipe all monsters from the face of Maj'Eyal. It's a hobby.

• New game by Purequestion: Monolith!   10 weeks 6 days ago

Looks awesome, can't wait to try it out :)

• Additional Randart Properties   11 weeks 2 days ago

Update your version. The all egos have already been fixed.
    I've tested (and used in real games) all four forms of talent on hit, they've always worked. For "talent when this weapon hits", just hit things with the weapon. "Talent on hit (spell)" requires that you deal greater-than-0 damage with a spell talent, such as Lightning or Thunderstorm or Channel Staff. "Talent on hit (mindpower)" requires that you deal greater-than-0 damage with a mindpower, such as Mind Sear or Slime Spit. "Talent on hit (nature)" requires that you deal greater-than-0 damage with a nature gift, such as Slime Spit.
    Remember that a 5% chance is not a large chance. It may take many instances of damage before you get a talent on hit to trigger.

I'm not going to undo the die_at nerf and I'm certainly not going to special case possessor or any other class. If anything, there will be *more* nerfs in the future.

• Additional Randart Properties   11 weeks 2 days ago

I haven't been able to get the "talent on hit" to ever ever work. Is it a talent on me hitting the enemy or the enemy hitting me? I've noticed no changes in the game log to indicate it ever procing.

I believe the same applies to life leech as well. The only time when it actually ever worked was when this one fused with a mindstar that already has inherent life leech on it, giving me "40% life leech chance" but resulting in near 100% chance.

I've been using this for about ... 50 days now, and have done light testing (about 100 or so randarts of varying numbers of egos and lvl) recently and have not been able to see any of the ALL egos (exception to res all on weapons, which did already appear before I started using this addon) and the flat damage negation.

Also, die at -x life is now a relevant stat for possessor. Perhaps have it be always die at -x life for whenever someone loads up a possessor class?

• Convenient Digging   11 weeks 2 days ago
    YAY

This is exactly what I've wanted! An easier way to dig long distances instead of having to do that tedious activation and choose square all the time.

• First time playing ToME, interesting, confusing, fun.   11 weeks 3 days ago

One thing I occacionally do is do the first zones of the first area, then go to a second area and do the first zones of that, and then go back for the first area.

So for example, doing Trollmire 1-3, then Kor'Pul 1-2, then Trollmire 4, then Kor-Pul 3.

That way the bosses will be slightly easier to deal with. Also, learning when to trigger healing and shields is critical to survival.

It is a quite complex game with a fairly high bar of entry, but once you figure out the basics it's great fun. Also, losing and starting over is part of this kind of game - don't feel as if you have failed at the game, think of it as having learnt another lesson!

• Harbinger   11 weeks 6 days ago

I'm not sure if it's still that loud, maybe a bit less possibly, but i think it's mostly the choice of that thunder clap sound for this proc that makes it boring fast.
    The reason is its loud by itself and once you get synergies like the heal on crit/death, the sound triggers on every single mob. It's thunder clap after thunder clap after thunder clap, all fights long.
    That's why i suggested another sound for this proc that triggers so often.

• Harbinger   12 weeks 2 days ago

The path to it is overload/data/sounds/talents/storm_conduit.ogg . Replacing that file will work, however it will cause the addon to fail md5 hash validation, so your game won't be valid online.
    There was a bug allowing Storm Conduit to trigger recursively if you had life leech or a similar effect, which would have resulted in the sound appearing extremely loud (due to playing over itself). Is it still too loud now that this is fixed?

• Harbinger   12 weeks 2 days ago

Hiya. I love the idea of this class, even if you mostly just run around bumping things (early game at least). Anyhow, it's been an interesting game so far.

So, I thought I had Channel Cold firing one beam at every enemy I could see, rather than just the one that I was bumping. I have Arc and was pretty sure that at least some folks being hit by Channel Cold weren't touching (so Arc shouldn't have melee attacked them). However, I tried it again and it seems to be behaving as expected now. I'll edit this again if I can get it to behave badly again.

I still do kinda think a free 10-range slowing beam with every melee attack feels kinda powerful even if the damage is sorta modest, and it's more so when every enemy touching the guy you bump also gets hit with its own beam.

Also might be a good idea to make Cyclone a free sustain. Since you can't turn it off, I don't think you can avoid hitting, for instance, the slaves in the yeek hidden compound. Might be working as intended due to the way the class's background is written, though. Having a few abilities be sustains would make the class a little more vulnerable to Entropy and disabling effects like that, which might not be what you want for the class. I dunno.

Anyhow, things are pretty neat so far. Keep doing good work.

• First time playing ToME, interesting, confusing, fun.   12 weeks 3 days ago
  • Harbinger   12 weeks 3 days ago

I like the class so far, good job.
    Tho i must say the Storm Conduit proc sound is way too loud imo, and having that sound each time you kill a mob is getting boring fast. Even more when facing large packs.
    A simple lightning crackle, or a sparkle sound would be more enjoyable on the long run.

Is there a way to replace that sound myself, by another one ? I can't find the data/sound folder.

• Tweaked Arcane Aether   12 weeks 5 days ago

I'm finding that the tinker rare banning doesn't seem to be working (whether or not the ban is active when the game is started), or at least I don't understand the mechanism. Not sure about oozemancer banning.

• The infamous Wilhelm scream mod   13 weeks 1 day ago

Updated. No longer 'Online profile disabled (switching to offline profile) due to invalid addon hash (mod-name)' message yet

• Better Sounds Mod   13 weeks 1 day ago

• Turn Separators   13 weeks 5 days ago

Hey, how about turn off version check? This mod pretty work on current 1.5.5

• Poisons Reward   14 weeks 7 min ago

Suggestion: As getting another unlocked category is considered such a strong benefit, may I suggest the reward functioning like Heart of the Sandworm? So you get it locked if you didn't have it, unlocked if you had it locked, and +.2 mastery if you had it unlocked.

EDIT: Two more things.
    1. Bug: You are also granted the Traps tree unlocked.
    2. Design: Poison is a class talent tree. No other class talent tree can be granted to characters of any class; this makes it stick out in a weird way. My suggestion would be either to change Poison to a generic talent tree, or instead of granting the Poison tree to the character, granting the first level of the first poison skill (and no tree).

• minmay's minor mindslot mindstar modification   14 weeks 1 day ago

I was wishing that there was an addon for this...
    ...And you uploaded it literally hours before I was thinking about that!
    Thanks a lot :>

• The infamous Wilhelm scream mod   14 weeks 1 day ago
    Might be suitable for rougelike mode. In exploration mode this might quickly become annoying :/

Думаю, весьма актуально для режима Роглайк, если в исследовании жестить - может быстро поднадоесть :/

• The infamous Wilhelm scream mod   14 weeks 1 day ago

Installation
    From Steam: Just subscribe on this mod
    From site: Download the 'tome-The-infamous-Wilhelm-scream-mod.teaa' file and copy them to Game Addon directory: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\TalesMajEyal\game\addons
    Check (or set) Auto: Active status on this mod in 'Addons' tab on start screen

Установка
    В Steam: Подпишитесь на мод
    С сайта: Скачайте файл 'tome-The-infamous-Wilhelm-scream-mod.teaa' и скопируйте его в директорию Аддонов игры: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\TalesMajEyal\game\addons
    Проверьте, что в игре в меню 'Addons' напротив мода стоит Auto: Active

• The infamous Wilhelm scream mod   14 weeks 1 day ago

If you wan't to remove this sound effect, just delete file named 'tome-The-infamous-Wilhelm-scream-mod.teaa' from C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\TalesMajEyal\game\addons

or in game:
    On start screen: Open 'Addons' tab and select "Manual:Disabled" in The infamous Wilhelm scream mod. That's all.

Удаление
    Если хотите избавиться от этого звукового эффекта, просто удалите файл 'tome-The-infamous-Wilhelm-scream-mod.teaa' из директории C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\TalesMajEyal\game\addons

или в игре:
    На стартовом экране: Откройте меню 'Addons' и выберите "Manual:Disabled" напротив The infamous Wilhelm scream mod

• Examine Floor Stack   14 weeks 3 days ago

I've wanted this for quite a while. Since the old days of Pern, actually. I miss everything being auto-IDed as well just from looking, but I suppose that doesn't make much sense in terms of theme since the game assumes characters will be using a device to identify items rather than magically just "knowing" from a distance. At least I can recognize the specialized descriptions of most artifacts, e.g. Skullcleaver is a crimson waraxe.

In a related vein, another thing I miss from back in the day is being able to see the items a given enemy is wearing/carrying. Granted, you can see the weapons by looking at the enemy (albeit un-IDed again, though egos do show) but that's all. AFAICT, the items enemies will drop are determined at the generation of the level, so they would be knowable even before you kill them. Would you be open to the idea of adding a mechanic like that (possibly even to this add-on) in the future?

Regardless, thanks for this one. It doesn't actually give much benefit, though one could conceivably see a floor item useful to an ongoing fight and somehow contrive to get to that spot, but it does add a bit of welcome flavor to the game.