• Rest to a limited mana percentage   3 weeks 15 hours ago

It seems there's a conflict between this addon and Improved Auto-explore and Rest (link: https://te4.org/games/addons/tome/improved-restauto ), sadly. Whenever I have the latter enabled, your addon has no effect.

Is there anything that can be done about that?

• Rest to a limited mana percentage   3 weeks 16 hours ago

You cannot believe how much and for how long I've wished for this addon!
    Thank you so much! :)

• Nullpack   3 weeks 1 day ago

I'm late to the party, but I really like everything you've done.

Your gem pack was the first addon which I tried and it was so good it encouraged further exploration.

I'd tried this pack recently only to find it broken under 1.5.10 and suddenly this update.

Thank you so much for your continued time and attention.

Tammy the Creep says 'hi'. She's gone to the Bank of Norgos to get her money before going shopping.

• RNG vol 4 Two for one   3 weeks 1 day ago

ToME is such a broad experience that I can appreciate the perceived need for something like a guide.

The guys that write guides are not doing a bad thing, and I have learned stuff from them. Don't want any of the guide writers to feel unappreciated.

But. Yes, its an odd phenom. I will look at one when I am completely puzzled by a class and find things that are useful, but still don't answer my questions.

A great example is the Temporal Warden. This class is amazing cause there is nothing like it. It defeats so much of your 'gamer intuition'. This is such a rare and special treat and the best thing about ToME - groundbreaking game design.

However, I have never seen one word in any guide discussing the Spacetime Tuning nor how to use it. I see Drem using it constantly in the Mouth zone and I got curious and started inspecting them as they were using it. Then, from my observations, I started to make experiements of my own. The results have, again, not produced a WINNAH, but they were extremely useful and entertaining to me.

At that point, I sort of cooled on the whole notion of the guides. The formula for them seems to have started on the wrong foot. All of them start by telling you the 'end' of the story and nothing about how they got there.

I would never write such a thing even if I could. It is vain. Qualitative discussion about how to use classes is one thing. These quantitative pieces have the tendancy to make the author express themselves in a pedantic fashion that in my opinion is a drag.

Yet, its just an artifact of the format. Most people that write copy the form of other and aren't skilled enough to realize these things. Oh well. Its all good fun, no?

BTW. I found that I got a lot better at the game by grinding the 1/2 Arena til I got a WINNA there. Get yourself a Bulwark and learn to fight (successfully) with one of them. You will learn many things and some of them will carry over.

Thats my idea of a 'guide'. Its quicker to read too.

• RNG vol 4 Two for one   3 weeks 1 day ago

Minor comment, but i'm glad I'm not the only one who dislikes guides.
    Maybe that's why I still suck at the game, but I really don't like having my path paved for me and instructed to walk it.

I will admit though, that without reading them, I would still be trying to be a jack of all trades on all my characters. Gotta focus on a couple of attack types.

• RNG vol 4 Two for one   3 weeks 2 days ago

I know what you mean about having to relearn classes. I have dipped into the addons and now flip around between so many that I end up having to take it reeeeeal easy when I return to one I haven't seen in a while.

I have come to dislike using guides for classes. I haven't been able to manage a Winner yet w/ anything but I am certain that these classes are designed such that the class is only about 50-60% of a successful character. Equipment makes an enormous part and learning the 'tricks'. I believe that you must learn how and when to use tools. One trick that I just learnt is that the Rods work differently than the other tools and do not need to be equip'd. Essentially, when you get a rod, you need to get that thing onto a toolbar button and into you working arsenal.

About Stealth. I had similar or even worse preconceptions about Stealth. I was pissed cause when I used it I realized it didn't work like Sil which has the best stealth model of any r/l. Let me tell you a little story though....

I wanted to play a Marauder and you have to unlock them. I don't like spoilers, but I did peek and learn how to unlock them, and it involves a Rogue doing a lot of damage. So, I built a Rogue and just leaned on more and more dmg. This approach was really satisfying and it lead to me beating the Master as confidently as I had w/ any other build. But then there's that Orc Ambush. After cranking the Master, just as a whim, I put a point or two in the Stealth tree. Then the orc fight starts and I don't even consider it possible, but I decide to give it a go. I don't know exactly what I did any more, but it involved lots of Whirlwinds. And orcs started dropping. To my shock I ended up running around the small map trying to build up enough stamina to finish the boss - which I did. I was so shocked. I realized after the fight that if I'd had Shadowstrike plus the Soothing Darkness, it would've might even have been a lopsided fight.

Stealth in ToME is a weapon. Learn to use it and it will reward you.

I was really prickly about playing an evil class for a while, but then I tried the Cursed and it was an epiphany for me. I tried the Reaver next and they are soooo much fun. The Reaver can cast spells while adj to enemies and get both the spell and melee attacks - just so you know. Now the Reaver is one of my fav. classes. Once you get to the point where whole vaults are exploding from your disease bombs, you will too, I think.

About addons. The amount of high quality addons for ToME really surprises me. I rarely find one I would call bad. There are some older ones that no longer work, but most of the people that make actual working classes or races do good work.

I rec. Midnight and its Moon Paladin. Its a lot of fun. The Spell Blade is too. And the High Guard and the Mage Knights. I really like and recc. the 'now you see it now you don't' addon, its really well done and when they turn up as rares you will have a heart attack, but you will love it.

Hope you don't mind my rambling like this.

• Improved SoA, Fortress Flight, and Sher'Tul race   3 weeks 2 days ago

Yes, it is. You can get charges by using the staff on a boss or other high rank enemy. You'll get the most charges by killing a boss with it.

• No Male Underwear   3 weeks 3 days ago

Critical hit multiplier

• No Male Underwear   3 weeks 3 days ago

Should vary by stat... but which stat?

• Lich Race   3 weeks 5 days ago

It looks good so far, but one of the weakness of Undead are their high Exp penalties. Thus this seems to be an objectively better race then any other "mage" race. The lack of healing infusions and the like isn't enough of a counter to its advantages either given certain class skills and equipment do similar things. (And that is not including HP regen gear)

• Lich Race   3 weeks 5 days ago

I've noticed your addon has a weight of 135817. This seems excessive. The highest I've previously seen was 1000. The excessive weight makes it difficult for other addons, such as race enablers, to detect your content.

• Adjustable Levelup   3 weeks 6 days ago

I just tested the addon on a fresh install of 1.5.10 without issue. I don't have time to play TOME extensively right now, so I may have missed something. However, I can't make any changes without knowing what the compatibility issues are. Could you provide more detail? Are you sure it isn't an issue with another addon?

• Adjustable Levelup   3 weeks 6 days ago

I just installed 1.5.10 and tested this addon on a fresh character. It seems to work fine, experience, talent, and stat changes take immediate effect. Was there a more specific problem?

• Is this thing on?   3 weeks 6 days ago

Welcome to the game. I'm a bit of a noob too, and am trying to get the hang of things still. However I do know that if you play on Exploration you will not unlock anything, so I tend to play normal adventures.

That said I have found the Bulwark class to have the best surviablity due their high hp and insane Armor options. I have personally to the prides in the late game with it. unlocking most of the locked classes and races in the process. It however lacks ranged, AOE, and CC abilities so you must master timing of heals and choke point management.

If you prefer mages that is fine, but a minor word of warning: do not spread your class points too thin as it will bite you in the later half of the game.

• Lich Race   4 weeks 1 day ago

Undead don't get much play, so you may not know from experience, but you might have noticed in the add-on description it says that, like other undead, they gain access to their racial talents sooner than living races. 1/4/8/12 is in line with Skeleton and Ghoul.

• Lich Race   4 weeks 1 day ago

Lich.

• Frozen Summoner AI   4 weeks 3 days ago

I was looking for an addon that does this for so long! I didn't yet get into a situation when it would be useful (not playing summons much for now), but if this addon really does what it says it does... *squee!*
    5/5. Thank you! :3

• Sandworm Lair Tweaks   4 weeks 4 days ago

Actually, Sandwormm tunnels is oone of the more interesting zones, especially first few times. I'ts lack of other non-standart zones which is annoying1

• Sandworm Lair Tweaks   4 weeks 4 days ago

Good - cannot wait for more tweaks!

• Spell Blade Class   4 weeks 4 days ago

It took me a while to understand the cause was this addon :
    just start a new game with a halfing skirmisher, display his inventory : if this addon is enabled he can't carry his shield (it won't be equipped and you can't equip it !)

• Lich Race   4 weeks 4 days ago

racial unlock levels are probably incorrect, yours are 1/4/8/12 when generally theyre 1/8/16/24. absorb essence should probably have a limited # of hits per turn so it isnt completely broken. having some form of -die at x seems like its missing thematically but the race is already really strong without it.

• Spell Blade Class   4 weeks 4 days ago

lightning blade has 0 effects whatsoever. guessing its because i dont have a stam talent to give me a stam bar yet, but pretty early atm.

• Spell Blade Class   4 weeks 5 days ago

Thanks for the fix.
    For info my run with this char ended at the gate of the fortress, against the horror which defends it. I was level 14, maybe it's a little early for this, it was level 21, but the main problem is that it's using some mind spells which put all the abilities of the character on cooldown, + it's a place where you can't teleport, so it's very hard to escape. Basically it made my character useless, I was able to put it at 35% health one time, proud of it, but then it disabled all my abilities and cured himself with his super powerful healing ability, I was done, and I can't ask to be teleported out of this area when loosing a life, so it's the end of my char !

Ok, ok, maybe I should have waited some more before going there, I remembered this guy was tough but here it's the worst nightmare of this class... ! too bad !

• Spell Blade Class   5 weeks 54 min ago

I fixed this bug and some others as well in v1.2.1.

• Spell Blade Class   5 weeks 3 hours ago

for some reason my mana pool goes to 0 when trying to use auto explore and then it waits for ever for mana to replenish, I had to disable "rest before auto explore" in the options so that I can use this. And of course when walking normally my mana doesn't go down, it does only when using auto explore ! It worked the 1st time I used auto explore, and then it started to behave like that and now I must disable "rest before auto explore"...

Except that interesting class, fun to play at start, then it becomes harder. It's quite hard to get AoE abilities but it's compensated by the 2 teleport skills easily available, it's a very unusual way to play the game... I fear the confrontation with the lightning mad mage though, but I am only at level 11 for now, so I still have time to improve it !