• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.6.1 "Techno-Annihilation" is released!   2 weeks 4 days ago

Any chance your upgrade can stop breaking OldRPG tile set? I dislike the default tile set and love that one (I would have played the game MUCH less without it, and that would have meant less money form me to you). Yet, forevermore, people have to keep upgrading OldRPG and sometimes take a long time to do so (because real life gets in the way).

And no, I dont just mean for future, new content. Your updates seem to break OldRPG for the original campaign on what feels like a regular basis.

How about just including that in the game and making sure it works? (if just coming up with one specific, non-change way to handle custom titles is never going to happen)

• Greatspears   2 weeks 4 days ago

If you continue this add-on, perhaps you could add regular spears as well. It just seems a bit odd that ToME doesn't have what is, historically, probably the most common weapon mankind has used.

(Sorry, I haven't tested this yet. I assume a greatspear is a two-handed weapon and there's an opening for one-handed spears.)

• Better Sounds Mod   2 weeks 4 days ago

That sample is only heard if your own character dies, which is the perfect rare moment when the levity is welcome. I was worried it might be triggered by too many things (like mob deaths), but it isn't. (FYI for other users)

This Better Sounds Mod is something I so sorely wanted, especially for the Jungle biome. Thanks, LeoMaven.

• Improved Auto-explore and Rest   2 weeks 4 days ago

Is that still relevant? Seems not. Post on the forum thread if so please.

• Marson's Auto-explore & Rest Tweaks   2 weeks 4 days ago

That was a fork of this, when this stopped being maintained. Just in case anyone else comes across this.

• Simplified Prodigy Requirements   2 weeks 4 days ago

You shouldn't overload the files it's evil :)
    You can just load a new talents file with your addon have a weight greater than all the others.
    And inside this file you just do:

local foo = Talents:getTalentFromId("T_FOO_UBER")
    foo.require = ...whateveryouwant...

• Obtaining Voratun Coins   2 weeks 5 days ago

Ahah yes that's the spirit ;) Die, but while well dressed ! ;)

• Obtaining Voratun Coins   2 weeks 5 days ago
    lol

Yea it's a hassle.
    I didn't really want to make a Paypal account, but I'll probably just do it at one point.
    For whatever reason the Japanese Paypal doesn't have the guest thing.

Anyways, thanks for the help. I'll eventually grab some more skins so I can look cooler dying over and over again.

• Obtaining Voratun Coins   2 weeks 5 days ago

That seems a bit ... ugh ...
    Can't you just use patreon or paypal on te4.org and be done with it? That's can't be more convoluted than what you describe with GOG :/

• Obtaining Voratun Coins   2 weeks 5 days ago

So it turns out the only way to receive another Serial Key is to make a whole new GOG account so I can activate the second copy of the DLC.

I could potentially give the DLC away and just hope they send me the Serial Key without redeeming it themselves?

• Starting prodigy   2 weeks 5 days ago

I love this mod. Allows me to pick one prod early for ease of life, strength or gem imbueing usualy. Would love to see this updated. Still works too.Does need an update. Thankyou.

• Faerie Race   2 weeks 5 days ago

Fey luck conflicts with the new Inner Power so when something happens that triggers both then they will both trigger one overwriting the other shield wasting a cooldown. Pretty annoying.

• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.6.1 "Techno-Annihilation" is released!   2 weeks 5 days ago

> Fixed a bug preventing Fireflash from damaging the caster, even without Spellcraft

Hm. So are archmage spells with AOE the only ones that still harm the caster? My understanding is that things like the necromancer's cold AOE and that one huge AOE doombringer/demo spell (darkfire?) are no longer doing self-damage. For a while I thought it was said that no AOE would self-damage, which made me wonder how Spellcraft would be useful. I hadn't gotten around to actually testing any of those talents though.

Man, I wish elona had this feature. The health shader alone is usually enough to get my attention, but in THAT game all you get is a sound... which I never hear 'cause I don't play with sound.

Still, I can think of deaths that this would've prevented and it's nice to see.

I'm also glad that these releases are more than just bugfixes and are even introducing major new features.

the number one killer

Thank you so much for the new release Dark God! Don't forget to add Annihilator to the winner's table please! :P

>New Gameplay option to display a warning and stop receiving key/mouse input for 2 seconds after loosing X% of max life in a turn (disabled by default)

The number of runs this would have saved in the past...

This is the quality of life shit that makes a game look polished. Fantastic add DG, thank you.

• Moderately Generous Levels   3 weeks 8 hours ago

Maybe drop stats a hair. lower resist to .1 gain. Maybe lower saves to +1 per level. Realy thoguh this is to much on nightemare by far. I appreciate eing able to play classes and cross levell for ablitity to ceck things out. For real play , needs to be toned down just some

• Pumpkin Cat Points   3 weeks 9 hours ago

This suggestion is horrible and you're a horrible person for suggesting it. Who would want to kill Pumpkin?!

Jokes aside though, it's a clever idea, and very fitting of how cheeky and dark the game's humour tends to be.

• Improved Auto-explore and Rest   3 weeks 13 hours ago

hmm, I feel I haven't seen that...may look.

• Improved Auto-explore and Rest   3 weeks 13 hours ago

Maybe. Haven't looked here in a while will possibly take a look tomorrow.

Updating with fixes for 1.6 for now.

• Passive Cooldowns   3 weeks 14 hours ago

I don't generally play Cursed characters (not fond of the Hate mechanic), so I'm not familiar with what you're talking about; can you describe it in more detail?

• Obtaining Voratun Coins   3 weeks 1 day ago

So I sent in a support ticket on Monday, still waiting for a reply.
    I DID get a game key, but not the serial key, if that makes sense.

I just wanna buy skins and look cool lol

• Passive Cooldowns   3 weeks 4 days ago

All the curses have effects that are based on # of items equipped... right now one has to read the tooltip for each, and it would be usefull to have this info visible at a glance. (pretty please)

• Obtaining Voratun Coins   4 weeks 22 hours ago

GOG should give you a key for every purchase, I give them keys for that very purpose ! :) Try to contact them first to see where your key is :)