• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.6 BETA1 is upon you!   11 weeks 19 hours ago

Thanks and kudos to all involved in this hefty undertaking. I see tremendous changes here; sustains not fizzling at 0 mana, nerfed patrols, revisions to Arcane Blade, Defilers and numerous others.

Thanks DarkGod and team, I look forward to supporting with some microtransactions!

• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.6 BETA1 is upon you!   11 weeks 22 hours ago

Have a look at the steam announcement, the beta channel on steam is now open too :)

• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.6 BETA1 is upon you!   11 weeks 23 hours ago

Woot

• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.6 BETA1 is upon you!   11 weeks 1 day ago

"Simplify SDL gamma calculation and restore default gamma on exit."

OMG I love you, this is what kept me from playing lately

• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.6 BETA1 is upon you!   11 weeks 1 day ago

Is anyone else having trouble getting Tales to launch on Steam? My game looks like it is trying to download an update but is stuck at 0% with no download speed, and it doesn't show up on the downloads page.

Edit: Seems to have fixed itself. Is there a way to access the 1.6 version on Steam at all? It doesn't seem to be listed under the beta page yet.

• Tales of Maj'Eyal 1.6 BETA1 is upon you!   11 weeks 1 day ago

Praise the Dark God!

All glory to the Dark God!

I do look forward to seeing what many of the changes actually are. I think my favorite change I see on there is the being able to use health in place of Vim, since that always seemed like something that would fit so well with Vim. Also looking forward to seeing what the various class tweaks are.

• Spell Blade Class   11 weeks 2 days ago

It seems like the passive which should heal conditions when switching Flame/Ice/Lightning Blade, does nothing . Also, Elemental Shield gets dropped when doing level-up.

• Utility Supplies   12 weeks 1 day ago

Having consumables for emergencies has saved me more than once, so I always appreciate this addon. All the rods are too common (I've found three in one high-level zone, but I dunno how the "rarity" number works so I'm loath to tinker) but it's better than having a trap you can't disarm by a pedestal you want to activate and no trap-disarming vanilla rod showing up. The "m" menu gets a little cluttered, too, because apparently an entry for every rod you've ever touched stays there, even if you never moved it out of the chest. Can't see where in the addon that would be fixed, though, so maybe it's just a TE4 engine problem with the way the rods are implemented. Can't fault the addon for that.

Anyhow, definitely a little unbalancing just by its nature, but I still wouldn't like to play without it.

• OldRPG - Core - 1 of 4   12 weeks 6 days ago

Is this one updated for the last version of the game?

• Unlocked Adventurer   13 weeks 14 hours ago

You could use this: https://te4.org/games/addons/tome/shoot_tweak
    Gives everyone Shoot, primarily for the sake of Adeventurers.

• Unlocked Adventurer   13 weeks 20 hours ago

still doesn 't unlock Shoot talent for adventurers - at least in respect with steamguns...

• Astromancer Class   13 weeks 1 day ago

Thanks for the feedback (and the compliments at the end). I just redid the meteor tree in the most recent update, so it's not as well tested as the rest. I'm usually on Nightmare With Randbosses anyway.

Running the numbers, it looks like Meteor Bombardment is contributing far too much at high talent levels.
    Meteor Storm is also a little too strong given the lack of downsides.
    I'll turn them both down one way or another.

• Astromancer Class   13 weeks 1 day ago

I missed a conversion between percentage and multiplier there; I'll fix that in the next version.
    The low cooldown was intended, but I think I've come up with a better plan for it.

• Astromancer Class   13 weeks 3 days ago

Quick bug/maybe bug notes- Planetary Charge: Kolal effect action speed display shows 0% (effect works though). Icy Block has a cooldown of 2 (!) which I'm guessing wasn't intended?

• What's next for Tales of Maj'Eyal! A lot, and then some!   13 weeks 4 days ago

DarkGod, I think I love you! I'm already very damned impressed with this game, and seeing this list above just excites me more. I think this game will just grow even more amazing over time with your attention to detail and ideas! Thank you!

• Astromancer Class   13 weeks 4 days ago

....and this isn't a criticism, just an observation, is that rares, uniques, and bosses with astromancer powers tend to absolutely slaughter my characters with their meteors. It's my fault -- I like to play insane, madness, and the Everything is Unique mod, so I see a lot of rares, uniques, and bosses -- but I've had characters that could wipe the floor with some very powerful opponents sent fleeing, or dying, since it can happen very quickly, from any astromancer with meteors. I've tried playing the astromancer a few times and never quite worked up that level of destruction, but I didn't play with real dedication. So I couldn't say whether it's overpowered for PCs, just that somehow NPCs are absolutely deadly. So now I turn the mod off if I'm not playing an astromancer myself.

Just to end this one a positive -- and truthful, let me be clear -- note, I think the class is a very interesting one and clearly had a lot of work and thought put into it. I have absolutely nothing but good things to say in that regard.

• Mindslinger   13 weeks 5 days ago

I wanted them to have a level 1 sling attack and I also wanted them to start with mastery but wanted the other attack tree to be locked. So I bundled an attack talent into the mastery. As far masteries go, it's not unprecedented for them to do other things. Psyshot gets the projected Mindstar attack, and Temporal Warden gets 3 different weapon masteries, plus dam mod substitution, all in one talent. As far as their talent trees, it's a situation similar to Arcane Blade. Mostly you'll use your weapon attacks, but the other trees have your proc talents and talents with a bit of utility.

• Mindslinger   13 weeks 5 days ago

Why would a special attack (the confusion one) be wrapped into the same skill as a basic sliing mastery?? It makes it a no-brainer... Also, not sure that so much distance-attacking trees are actually needed by a missile combatant. Less Psi points are OK as, being missile-based you can just shhot away at enemy melee combatants so needing less special attacks.

• Arthas Reborn   13 weeks 5 days ago

With ICCtW you can deal melee hits at range up to 12. which is even better with wintertide, as you can freeze enemies from afar.
    Also, if used properly, Wintertide may save Aeryn in the final fight

• What's next for Tales of Maj'Eyal! A lot, and then some!   13 weeks 5 days ago

Sweet stuff!
    Any plans on the mobile port on Android? Like I said years ago I strongly believe the game would sell well on mobile if it's somehow possible to make a proper port of the game.

And the fact that I haven't had a proper computer in years so I haven't gotten to play the game anymore.

• What's next for Tales of Maj'Eyal! A lot, and then some!   14 weeks 2 hours ago
    Hi

Can you tell an estimated date of 1.6 release?

• Steam Witch   14 weeks 6 days ago

Good catch on Cat requirements, will fix in next update!

Considering options to re-introduce Track mechanics in the future.

I switched the trees around a bit based on forum comments about keeping theme-heavy talents on the Class-side.

• Blackstaff Class Addon   14 weeks 6 days ago

There's already a rogue-mage class.

• Steam Witch   15 weeks 12 hours ago

clockwork pets are quite interesting, but is it WAD that the cat has no level requirement? Also, I meant to remove either Track, or chronomancer scrying, noot both. ;) Witch Sight scrying can't cover that, as it can't be activated when you need it. Replacement for Spin I'm not sure is necessary. Got somewhat confused at switches between Class and Generic. Thank you for your work again.

• Dread Necromancer   15 weeks 3 days ago

The class is too strong. And also too boring, combining worst aspects of Suummoner and Corona Anorithil.