• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta14 unleashed!   10 years 31 weeks ago

Didn't we fall back on Middle Earth due to threats from the Pern folks back in the day?

My main issue with the reskinning is that this isn't a full redesign, and so it still feels like tales of middle earth, but with cosmetic changes.

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta14 unleashed!   10 years 31 weeks ago

Tales of Maj'Eyal.

Maj'Eyal is the main continent of the world (or rather people that live here call it the main one ;> )

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta14 unleashed!   10 years 31 weeks ago

So what does ToME stand for, then? Tales of Medieval Eyal?

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta14 unleashed!   10 years 31 weeks ago

Yeah I was not very explicit on the "why" part :)
    Two main reasons: to be more free to create the story&gameplay I want (it is a REAL stretch of imagination to have mages ina middle-earth setting. The most powerful spell gandalf cast was like a flaming pinetree); and the fear of problems with the tolkien estate.

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta14 unleashed!   10 years 31 weeks ago

Ditching Middle Earth? That's an odd decision, especially for such an old game. Was not expecting that at all. Not sure what to think of this

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta13 unleashed!   10 years 32 weeks ago

I'm a level 19, exp. 99% summoner stuck at this level. I know longer get points when I kill "difficult" monsters. I stopped at level 19/exp. 99% in the maze. I'm now at Carn Dum level 7 and still stuck at level 19/ exp 99%. Is this a know bug? Is it something I can fix at my end?

Frank
    P.S. Otherwise, I like this game.

• Eye candy: New Flame beam   10 years 32 weeks ago

I did some more tests and add some more info to my previous statment, "sometimes" we can't go back. Can't really get a pattern why sometimes can't go back with both ways or sometimes only rightclick works. A bit bizarre.

• Eye candy: New Flame beam   10 years 32 weeks ago

Problem with OSX (at least in this plataform): In Character creation "Backspace" and "right click" don't really go back. So only way if we want to rethink is quit the window and start again.

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta13 unleashed!   10 years 33 weeks ago

I am satisfied with the warning about the door being previously sealed.
    Also the game is great so far, keep up the good work (or something like that).

• Eye candy: New Flame beam   10 years 33 weeks ago

1 - When meditating turns pass right? Altought in that mode the hp usually restored is not credited.

2 - Identify skill don't seem ok after lvl3 (identify inventory). After get it at skill window is never right away avaliable. But if i save and restore the skill is credited and don't ask only for identify one object. Also I'm already lvl5 at identify and can't get the -1 floor objects identified.

• Eye candy: New Flame beam   10 years 33 weeks ago

Darkgod, probably there's a bug in Tempest Peak mission. In TP (2) I took the stairs back to the base of mountain but it "landed"/"stuck" not in stairs but in middle of the mountains. Fortunly I had a phase scroll! :)

• Eye candy: New Flame beam   10 years 33 weeks ago

I was to say "there is great possibility that walking then in “new” created tiles makes game crash". I was talking about golems summoned with wilder but I believe with alchemist golem's I already have sometimes the same problem.

• Eye candy: New Flame beam   10 years 33 weeks ago

Yah that's ok in do it ingame but not always we are playing it and also you always says in download page that you will warn in dev page when port is ready. RSS is more handy :)

I have x-code intalled, not really a programmer but if someone in forum posts the procediments/faq to compile it could be great.

The problems with golems is that in rock/walls areas when golem make their destructive "landscape" strikes there is great possibility that walking then in "new" created tiles. I try to avoid walk in that zones but a lot of times we don't a have a chance to avoid them cause we are displaced too to that new tlles. Usually TOME starts "thinking" and then quits.

• Eye candy: New Flame beam   10 years 33 weeks ago

As for golems, not sure, I must test it

• Eye candy: New Flame beam   10 years 33 weeks ago

Yeah sorry I got the compile after this post.
    I did update the in-game news though ;)

BTW I am not compiling the OSX port myself as I do not have any jobs-approved-hardware, that is why there is a delay

• Eye candy: New Flame beam   10 years 33 weeks ago

Well seems nice Darkgod. :)
    Hey and you miss this post opportunity to also say that OSX version was out. Two days ago that version weren't here. Thanks for finnally compile it, I just was thinking you would skip this version for OSX. Testing, testing now...

PS Do we have still problems with Stone Golems casting? I avoid to summon any since their terrain destruction provoque a lot of terrain bugs and crashes.

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta13 unleashed!   10 years 33 weeks ago

Ethan: new world? You mean you're playing SVN ?

As for closing doors, that is being pondered :)

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta13 unleashed!   10 years 33 weeks ago

It's still not possible to close doors.
    I understand that you're doing all sorts of fancy things with the game, but I would really appreciate the ability to shut the doors of a room full of bees.

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta13 unleashed!   10 years 33 weeks ago

Also the mage-apprentice quest is broken, lines 126 and 128, spot is an invalid reference (not on the new map, maybe?) I removed the first one and changed the second to "player.x, player.y" as a temporary fix... that doesn't actually work because entering the city breaks the game (nil value "level") - maybe I should just wait until the new world is a little more stable. :)

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta13 unleashed!   10 years 33 weeks ago

I believe the problem is that "shire" is no longer a valid faction. I changed my saved character to be affiliated with "allied-kingdoms" instead and enemies attack me now.

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta13 unleashed!   10 years 34 weeks ago

svn 1708 bug:
    My rogue stealthed immediately on creation, found a snake and attempted to Dual Strike without being seen. I missed, but now all of the monsters on Trollshaws 1 are outlined in blue, and even though they can see me and chase me, they don't attack, as the "Enemies" faction is neutral to me. Halfling Rogue = monster disguise, apparently.

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta13 unleashed!   10 years 34 weeks ago

"Stores wont ID things when trying to sell" Damn I was loving that nice bug. At least give a bit more fair money when selling because I have to waste a lot in Identify scrolls.
    Still waiting for OSX but I hope that there is now a "fix" for really wanted meditation when mobs are seen/or with in the presence of escorted people.
    "Removed Benevolent Spirit talent and replaced with Suppress Summoning" Really not wanted feature, summons already disappear fast enough.

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta12b unleashed!   10 years 34 weeks ago

Ah, some other concerns: I'm not sure the damage counter is working properly. I've a level 37 wizard who is primarily fire specced and still have yet to unlock pyromancer (or cryomancer, for that matter). Is there anywhere to view that counter to make sure it is indeed increasing properly?

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta12b unleashed!   10 years 35 weeks ago

I've been playing the Soul Hunter on Vista and really love it, however just recently I've run into some issues on my archmage both in Eruan zone:

1: On Eruan stage 5, if you teleport + phase door all the way down to Guren, it is possible to be absolutely overrun by those Hive creatures. The mothers can summon more mothers and there's an exponential effect that occurs I literally had 1/3 of that entire map swarmed with them with no way to take care of that many with all the obstacles in the way (and them being immune to fire, which I specialized in).

2: Could it possibly be made so your AoEs don't damage friendly units who are not minions or those being escorted? People like Guren if you accidentally AoE them you have no way to continue on; he'll keep attacking you until you die repeatedly because he has infinite health. I ran into a similar problem on the next level (Eruan 6) when I tried to assist the paladins by AoE-ing which they proceeded to charge into and hate me for it.

Aside from that, truly great game thus far. :)

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta12b unleashed!   10 years 35 weeks ago