• A voice crying out for help from a Dark Crypt? How bad can it be...   10 years 25 weeks ago

I though the prior four levels of this putrid Crypt had left me numb to any further Horror, but I was wrong. When I finally made it down to the bottom level I saw the poor lass whose screams I had heard stretched out across a black alter. Acolytes of this foul Sect barred my path and I was weighed down by the press of disease and ague. To my eternal shame I could not move quickly enough to save her before the ritual reached its grisly end. Doubtless it will be scant comfort to her family that I slew the Demon Kryl-Feijan once it burst forth and all of the Acolytes of its foul Sect have been sent to their just reward. Hopefully her spirit will rest easier, but mine will be forever burdened.

How I am still alive I know not, for despite my skills I felt myself at Deaths Door many times. Fortunately the Blood of Life still courses through my veins and things seem to have been Easier on my than would be Normal. Verily were I a cat I would have no lives left to me, for a have felt the Veil grow thin fully nine times in this place. The way out is still far from certain, but all I can do is press on. A small fortune in equipment lies scattered on the levels above me, but I am already heavily burdened. Even so I will count my life as the greatest treasure I could emerge with. A small flicker of hope has kindled in my breast that I may once again see the light of day. It is an strange thing for a Dwarf to yearn for the sight of the sun, but after this place even the tunnels of home may not feel welcome.

Enough of this... It is time to press on.

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta18 aka "V" unleashed!   10 years 25 weeks ago

There is a slight bug in b18, I have replace the archive it should work, please redownload it.

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta18 aka "V" unleashed!   10 years 25 weeks ago

>Bad game version detection will switch to a "development" profile >automatically

What does it mean by a 'Bad game version'? I have logged in with my normal online-profile but when I start playing beta18, it displays the message "Profile disabled(switching to development profile) due to no online profile active.". Yet when I save and exit, the 'player profile' shows me as logged in.

The one time I got that quest I made it out of there literally by the skin of my teeth...ok so maybe a little exagerated...wasn't really literally but still ...close call...

Nice fellows those corruptors, aren't they ? ;)

• Started Using GDB on the backend.   10 years 25 weeks ago

Well I have 4gb ram, about 280gb free storage so its not my machine that is causing the slow down. (Also I run a tight ship ramwise shutting down most unnecessary aps/processes.) But yeah the txt file is fairly easy to spot as it is the only one in the folder. :D

• Last 16 Character   10 years 25 weeks ago

Yeah its a slightly tough quest to complete anyway unless you get an artifact (randarts work just fine here) to complete it with. Otherwise you need to hold on to any rings/necks you find. Staves work too but weigh 5 which is a lot for most non-fighters and not insignificant even still.

Daikara is definitely no easy dungeon though at level 17 you should be fine as long as you have a way to avoid or remove confusion which is the most constant problem there. Also corridor fighting tactics (running backward to put monsters on traps, teleporting out when in trouble and making sure you aren't surrounded) are very important as well.

• OK... So NOW I want a house. Or at least a locker somewhere... ;)   10 years 25 weeks ago

A house is coming!

Now that it is persistent I think it woudl make a lovely home. A little new paint. Some replacement brickwork. No window treatments needed... ;)

• Last 16 Character   10 years 25 weeks ago

Correction, it is the Novice Mage, not the Apprentice Mage and ironically, he showed up right after this post. Unfortunately my halfling lost his life in Daika...the mountain zone.

• David Gervais tiles mod v 1.1 for Tome4 Beta17   10 years 25 weeks ago

These tiles are SOOOO SWEET!

Please make some more.

• David Gervais tiles mod v 1.1 for Tome4 Beta17   10 years 25 weeks ago

I like mushroom hermit tiles myself but options are good :)

You might want to make stralite dark, it's a dark metal :)

PS: Mushroomhermit, go draw monsters !

• Started Using GDB on the backend.   10 years 25 weeks ago

I've had no problems at all running the game with GDB, although getting the crash to happen while on it is something really close to a miracle.
    By the way, remember that the GDB log is saved in the t4 folder and it's called gdb.txt.

• Started Using GDB on the backend.   10 years 25 weeks ago
    Lag

This game is really unplayable with the gdb in the background. I will continue to use it when creating new characters in the hopes of catching the exception that made the game crash. Otherwise Im done with it.

• Stuck waiting for a fix...   10 years 25 weeks ago

"Ever" eh? Hyperbole much? Having play-tested quite a few games (most in beta or alpha) I can confidently contradict that generalism. However, I assume that here it is not likely. Just wishful thinking more than likely. Thanks for the .02.

• Stuck waiting for a fix...   10 years 25 weeks ago

I highly doubt saves will be compatible between versions, let alone between betas - just like with most every other game released ever.

• who carries whom?   10 years 25 weeks ago

Have you not seen Japanese Anime cartoons, where the hero typically wears an 8 feet long, 1 foot wide great sword, and wields it with the ease of a foil.

Predawn

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta17 aka "Wintertide" unleashed!   10 years 25 weeks ago

If you downloaded the game in the very first minutes it was available, please redownload :)

• who carries whom?   10 years 26 weeks ago

I also find it amusing. While a halfling using a tree trunk bigger than him/herself is unrealistic, complete realism is not fun. If size restrictions were introduced, certain race/class combinations would be next to imposable. Besides, such ridiculous sights are fairly common in the fantasy genera. Who can not name one character that wields a weapon that would be utterly impractical in reality?

• OK... So NOW I want a house. Or at least a locker somewhere... ;)   10 years 26 weeks ago

I like the idea, :) Or maybe a pawn shop where the inventory is persistent but has to be bought back?

Yup... Pretty much following your suggestions... Although I am finding that raising Dex and Con together works out better. And I race to Shield Pummel 5. So many things to Stun! :) My current DF is running around in a Gold Leather Bikini named the "Skin of Many". Level 11 and I have yet to even see Steel Plate. Light Fighter equipment coming out of every orifice, but no heavy stuff yet. Ah well... it will come! :)

• who carries whom?   10 years 26 weeks ago

no i don't. it just seems amusing. sorry, can't stop myself from ranting.

• who carries whom?   10 years 26 weeks ago

What, you want me to add equipment restriction based on size ? ;>

• The Endless Sacrifice   10 years 26 weeks ago

Thank you....that saves me a lot of trouble.

• The Endless Sacrifice   10 years 26 weeks ago

This was changed way back to an other kind of unlocking that does not require scumming or dumb luck :)

If you want to spoil yourself you can go look at http://te4.org/wiki/tome4-unlockables