• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta14 unleashed!   9 years 37 weeks ago

Then again, maybe this opens the way for a Theme port?

• Changing setting: the Tales of Maj'Eyal   9 years 37 weeks ago

Darkgod. You..are..GOD.
    This game is the 8th wonder of the world.
    I love you.
    May you live forever. May you continue to develop this game.
    You rock, man.
    You rock.

• Changing setting: the Tales of Maj'Eyal   9 years 37 weeks ago

Not to be an ass, but I've known other authors to grant licenses to games on the basis of their being non-commercial and promoting of the general franchise. While I respect the fears of the C&D, the right way to solve those fears is to ask for the license. The downside is that this is a GPL product, so consultation with a lawyer is probably a good idea.

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta15 unleashed!   9 years 37 weeks ago

Well don't yet nothing in mac to celebrate with you 1 year of new TOME but congratulations for ur work. Also I agree with "leaving" Middle-earth. I see in changelog and thankyou for equilibrium regen and avoid stupid fails (fail eq when was zero is absurd). You removed now "consumables" but already before should have also equi. potions. If mana users could have regen potions like not equib users that had the handicap of not use equ. when in escort and special missions. Finally I hope don't have absurd of have +300 equiibrium in the valley where he help the "ring" guy. BTW Platinium(?) rings already with one stone could be upgraded with the second one instead of need from the scratch. Thx for all

• Changing setting: the Tales of Maj'Eyal   9 years 37 weeks ago

I think it would be good to limit the number of names to list at a given time. With ME it was no problem because people are already familiar with them, but when I saw Beta14 introduction I was overwhelmed and couldn't keep up with all the new names that fast.

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta14 unleashed!   9 years 37 weeks ago

Optional module means supporting both, this is *HUGE*.

And this isnt just a reskin of ME, the ME depicted in T4 was a hugely distorted one anyway with mages running wild, magic abound, ...
    This new setting is a high-fantasy setting much more fit for magic & RL stuff, and it's not just a reskin, it is based on a whole history I made and flesshed out by multiple stories, some already available in game, with each race having it's own peculiarities and so on.

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta14 unleashed!   9 years 37 weeks ago

So why not leave middle earth as an optional module?

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta14 unleashed!   9 years 37 weeks ago

Didn't we fall back on Middle Earth due to threats from the Pern folks back in the day?

My main issue with the reskinning is that this isn't a full redesign, and so it still feels like tales of middle earth, but with cosmetic changes.

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta14 unleashed!   9 years 37 weeks ago

Tales of Maj'Eyal.

Maj'Eyal is the main continent of the world (or rather people that live here call it the main one ;> )

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta14 unleashed!   9 years 37 weeks ago

So what does ToME stand for, then? Tales of Medieval Eyal?

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta14 unleashed!   9 years 37 weeks ago

Yeah I was not very explicit on the "why" part :)
    Two main reasons: to be more free to create the story&gameplay I want (it is a REAL stretch of imagination to have mages ina middle-earth setting. The most powerful spell gandalf cast was like a flaming pinetree); and the fear of problems with the tolkien estate.

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta14 unleashed!   9 years 37 weeks ago

Ditching Middle Earth? That's an odd decision, especially for such an old game. Was not expecting that at all. Not sure what to think of this

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta13 unleashed!   9 years 39 weeks ago

I'm a level 19, exp. 99% summoner stuck at this level. I know longer get points when I kill "difficult" monsters. I stopped at level 19/exp. 99% in the maze. I'm now at Carn Dum level 7 and still stuck at level 19/ exp 99%. Is this a know bug? Is it something I can fix at my end?

Frank
    P.S. Otherwise, I like this game.

• Eye candy: New Flame beam   9 years 39 weeks ago

I did some more tests and add some more info to my previous statment, "sometimes" we can't go back. Can't really get a pattern why sometimes can't go back with both ways or sometimes only rightclick works. A bit bizarre.

• Eye candy: New Flame beam   9 years 39 weeks ago

Problem with OSX (at least in this plataform): In Character creation "Backspace" and "right click" don't really go back. So only way if we want to rethink is quit the window and start again.

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta13 unleashed!   9 years 39 weeks ago

I am satisfied with the warning about the door being previously sealed.
    Also the game is great so far, keep up the good work (or something like that).

• Eye candy: New Flame beam   9 years 39 weeks ago

1 - When meditating turns pass right? Altought in that mode the hp usually restored is not credited.

2 - Identify skill don't seem ok after lvl3 (identify inventory). After get it at skill window is never right away avaliable. But if i save and restore the skill is credited and don't ask only for identify one object. Also I'm already lvl5 at identify and can't get the -1 floor objects identified.

• Eye candy: New Flame beam   9 years 39 weeks ago

Darkgod, probably there's a bug in Tempest Peak mission. In TP (2) I took the stairs back to the base of mountain but it "landed"/"stuck" not in stairs but in middle of the mountains. Fortunly I had a phase scroll! :)

• Eye candy: New Flame beam   9 years 40 weeks ago

I was to say "there is great possibility that walking then in “new” created tiles makes game crash". I was talking about golems summoned with wilder but I believe with alchemist golem's I already have sometimes the same problem.

• Eye candy: New Flame beam   9 years 40 weeks ago

Yah that's ok in do it ingame but not always we are playing it and also you always says in download page that you will warn in dev page when port is ready. RSS is more handy :)

I have x-code intalled, not really a programmer but if someone in forum posts the procediments/faq to compile it could be great.

The problems with golems is that in rock/walls areas when golem make their destructive "landscape" strikes there is great possibility that walking then in "new" created tiles. I try to avoid walk in that zones but a lot of times we don't a have a chance to avoid them cause we are displaced too to that new tlles. Usually TOME starts "thinking" and then quits.

• Eye candy: New Flame beam   9 years 40 weeks ago

As for golems, not sure, I must test it

• Eye candy: New Flame beam   9 years 40 weeks ago

Yeah sorry I got the compile after this post.
    I did update the in-game news though ;)

BTW I am not compiling the OSX port myself as I do not have any jobs-approved-hardware, that is why there is a delay

• Eye candy: New Flame beam   9 years 40 weeks ago

Well seems nice Darkgod. :)
    Hey and you miss this post opportunity to also say that OSX version was out. Two days ago that version weren't here. Thanks for finnally compile it, I just was thinking you would skip this version for OSX. Testing, testing now...

PS Do we have still problems with Stone Golems casting? I avoid to summon any since their terrain destruction provoque a lot of terrain bugs and crashes.

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta13 unleashed!   9 years 40 weeks ago

Ethan: new world? You mean you're playing SVN ?

As for closing doors, that is being pondered :)

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta13 unleashed!   9 years 40 weeks ago

It's still not possible to close doors.
    I understand that you're doing all sorts of fancy things with the game, but I would really appreciate the ability to shut the doors of a room full of bees.