• Beta11 OSX port available!   10 years 10 weeks ago

Something seems wrong with osx version. It's named beta11 but really seems to be beta9.

• New UI, playing with the mouse and contextual menu   10 years 11 weeks ago

Very nice Darkgod. Just the right way Tome could evolve about GUI interface. I'm glad that Tome is a roguelike without afraid of use mouse and new UI's.

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta10b unleashed!   10 years 11 weeks ago

Yeah I' ll add the warning :)

The share sight might be toned down a bit yes...

As for reavers, it's a matter of canon fodder ;)

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta10b unleashed!   10 years 11 weeks ago

Suggestion for "Play a new game":

After it asks your name, if a save game already exists with that name, warn the player "Continuing will destroy your current character, are you sure? (Yes/No)"

I just lost a level 11 archmage due to not being used to actually surviving a single play session. :(

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta10b unleashed!   10 years 12 weeks ago

Having played a while, I have to say the new "targeting from other enemies' eyes" AI should be used more sparingly (probably only among creatures that talk or some social animals like wolves - that way you could also make note of it in game, e.g. "The stone troll hollers!" or something.)

Beta10b could pretty much be renamed "Night of the Living Snakes" - I've depopulated level one of the Trollshaws (or died to a horde of snakes, wolves and trolls) by the time I get 1/4 of the way across it every single time.

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta10b unleashed!   10 years 12 weeks ago

Thanks DG, because didn't cross my mind that the "right" key was still in that moment binded with the missing menu. Well, that will do for now even without description. Still no luck find the way of unlock Reavers. An mid or end-game unlock?

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta10b unleashed!   10 years 12 weeks ago
  • T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta10b unleashed!   10 years 12 weeks ago

Yes it's a small display bug, just "imagine" it shows up when you pass over it, you can add points to it

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta10b unleashed!   10 years 12 weeks ago

About the new Mac port I'm having a strange behaviour with Alchemist, in Talent Levelup i can't i (by mouse over or by keys) get or inspect or upgrade Channel Staff because menu just goes away in that option. If i move mouse from that option or up/down key menu came back. I tried other resolutions/created other chars without luck..

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta10b unleashed!   10 years 12 weeks ago

thx for the instant osx port. i will try it later and check new features and new class. :)

• Smarter AI: global pathfinding using distance maps   10 years 14 weeks ago

Oh thx DarkGod I tought was becoming mad and that was an allucination. :D

Well, the way of do it it's a bit obscure and to be honest a bit nonsense/unlogical. It's that really intentional (the cooldown between orders/changes and the max hp)? If not I hope u put it later as separate skill (or have a dedicate key regarding summoned creatures for creatures orders/inventory).

BTW I would prefer the taunt skill as an normal order than really a skill. A improving healing/refit would be desirable instead.

Anyway from my little exp it's fun playing as alchemist too.

• Smarter AI: global pathfinding using distance maps   10 years 14 weeks ago

It's the Refit Golem talent, if not at full health it will heal it, if at full health it will open talk the your golem.

• Smarter AI: global pathfinding using distance maps   10 years 14 weeks ago

DarkGod this could been stupid but what is the key to "talk" to the golem/give him weapons etc. I found that option by accident and didnt found it again. Also that command seems to not be listed in key bindings.

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta9 unleashed!   10 years 14 weeks ago

Yeah I have fixed it for beta10 :)

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta9 unleashed!   10 years 14 weeks ago

And fortunately, you don't compile or cache the Lua script, so editing it worked. :)

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta9 unleashed!   10 years 14 weeks ago

Found the above bug by the way, line 49 in data/quests/mage-apprentice.lua (as it says above):

-- Special handling for the staff of absorption
                            if o.define_as 21ans22 o.define_as == "STAFF_ABSORPTION" then

"ans" should probably be "and"

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta9 unleashed!   10 years 14 weeks ago

Finally found the start of the apprentice mage quest.... but somehow a bug has been introduced in the Lua script and I can't finish the conversation.

If I edit the script to fix it, will it affect the game in real time? Or do I get to kill the process and resume from my last save? (it's been a looooong time)

[CHAT] selected I will keep that in mind function: 0x10fe1a80 nil
    Lua Error: /engine/interface/ActorQuest.lua:31: /data/quests/mage-apprentice.lua:49: 'then' expected near 'ans'

At [C]:-1

At /data/chats/mage-apprentice-quest.lua:70 action
        At /engine/dialogs/Chat.lua:72 use
        At /engine/dialogs/Chat.lua:48 ?
        At /engine/KeyBind.lua:198

316 frames in 10.022 seconds = 31.5306 FPS

• Beta 9 OSX version is up   10 years 15 weeks ago

Such a promising Happy Day! Thx! :)

PS. Since now mobs HP tooltip is auto-updated is less annoying have to mouse out/mouse over all the time. :)

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta9 unleashed!   10 years 15 weeks ago

well since no new mac version is out i went to windows check how new version was doing. WTF is wrong in this version? I hope that ur idea of balancing isnt that now the first mob i find is a lvl12 troll or get surrounded swarms of enemies. How and where to progress a lvl1 char? Also there is a lot of mobs without letter. they seem like "invisible"...

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta9 unleashed!   10 years 15 weeks ago
  • t-o-m-e.net DNS is back online   10 years 17 weeks ago

Also no news about the Mac version! ;D

• t-o-m-e.net DNS failure   10 years 17 weeks ago

Pssh... play tome?!? I've way to busy writing up talent descriptions and cluttering up the forums with chronomancy posts to actually play. But since said forums are down... maybe I'll level a fighter or berserker up and see how the warcries look.

• T-Engine4 / ToME4 beta7 unleashed!   10 years 20 weeks ago

OMG! OMG! There is also a fresh Mac release! thx DG! :D

• New class: Alchemist   10 years 20 weeks ago

Hum no it should work just fine.. hum

• New class: Alchemist   10 years 20 weeks ago

REALLY love the new version, I still play angband and moria on occasion =P Okay, I may have "went outside the lines" on my berserker build, but I decided to give it a try. I took my category points and tried to make him a dual wielder. Game wont seem to let me equip an offhand, even though Im using a one handed weapon in my main. Is this a definite NO to being able to dual wield as a berserker? Your thoughts please sir.