This addon is yet another OP human subrace, it features strong fire and light based racial talents, extra quests, dungeons, and items that give more character building points.
Credits: there are two lore images in the addon that I got from Deviant-Art, the author URL is this: http://nicholaskay.deviantart.com/
All other new art was based on existing Shockbolt's art, or made by myself using GIMP and Krita.
The addon is "complete", but I want to add more quests and some other stuff later.
The objective of this version is fix gameplay, there was several problems that weren't found during test with DevMode tools, and also due to blind good luck during testing.
- Your character now start with +2 of HP regen, this make the game slightly easier, but the reason for this is to fix an annoyance regarding auto-explore, that doesn't work with negative regeneration.
- Fixed excessive amount of stat bonus potions on later laters.
- Stat bonus potions give stats more frequently, but are also more dangerous.
- Fixed certain plot object disappearing and breaking progression.
- Balance Changes on a boss reward potion item.
- Fixed final boss giving excessive XP and bumping player up by several levels.
- Balance fix on a certain boss+group battle that spawned groups too big that would instantly overwhelm melee characters.
- Minor scenary changes
- Maze is now slightly smaller
- Changed graphics of "glowing chest" to show they are different from vanilla ones.
- Caves are shorter now, to be less boring, they have a boss now (to compensate loss of XP needed later), that boss drops a useful item (to allow a certain area to be visited a bit earlier)
- Changed music of some places.
- Fixed some issues in init.lua that conflicted with the game paid DLC
Just a hotfix, to fix two bugs.
- Fixed lua error on ending.
- Fixed one staircase going to wrong place. Thanks nsrr for the report!
- Another attempt of fixing the DLC conflict bug, this time following suggestion from AstralInferno.
This addon is fairly simple.
It adds variety to the Infinite Dungeon!
... oh, want more information? Alrighty.
In it's current version, it randomly swaps out the grid files (which are the tile-sets/how your map looks) and layouts of every floor.
Additionally, floors will steadily get larger (and enemy counts will rise as a result) the deeper you go.
The first floor is always a basic dungeon.
Currently, you may find doors that don't properly blend into adjacent tiles. This is due to not all sets of grid files actually coming with a built-in door, and them instead using the Basic one.
Signposts will always use the basic floor.
Not all layouts support vaults, so for those of you that like diving into instant death, you may be forced to hold yourself back.
The mod is also available as a standalone from ModDB http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-veins-of-the-earth (note the authentication period) or from GitHub https://github.com/Zireael07/The-Veins-of-the-Earth/releases.
The game documentation can be found at https://github.com/Zireael07/The-Veins-of-the-Earth/wiki
This mod was known under the working name of Underdark at the time of the contest participants being announced.
Please use either the built-in report error function (remember to fill in "what I was doing" field) or report any bugs on ToME 4 forums.